The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Good leader now

Pahlehvahn
Had a problem, its fixed now
Edited by Pahlehvahn on January 5, 2015 3:57AM
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kick them and recruit. All the guilds I have been in have a 7 day inactivity policy. If you have been inactive for 7 days without letting the guild leader know you are going to be inactive you get kicked and replaced. It is not hard to find new players.
  • Jagath
    Jagath
    ✭✭✭
    125 players may seem like a lot but you also have to look at when they were online last. Establish an activity requirement and stick to it. Having events, a website, ts3 server, and active recruiting is pretty much a must for most guilds. Being a guild leader is a lot of work if you want a successful guild. Have you defined what type of guild you want? i.e trade, RP, PVE, dungeons, or a mix of those. Having a guild identity will help you recruit the right people that will be happy there and hopefully active. Good Luck......
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the guilds I know have a 10-day inactivity policy, where they kick and recruit on a daily/weekly basis in order to keep their numbers up. But things like raffles, events, grouping, even PvP rallies can help convince players to come online more often for fun.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That depends. Are you trying to be a casual or an elite guild? My Casual EU guild doesn't have a kick policy and the few active members suffer no harm from the inactives still being in the guild, in fact, if it weren't for the inactives we wouldn't have our store and Guild Trader Kiosk!
    Edited by SteveCampsOut on November 27, 2014 1:19AM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yea, you could try doing some events in your guild. Helps alot. Other than that, just recruite again. ;)

I also keep some inactives for store etc @SteveCampsOut . Currently around 30 active member is enough to fulfill all needs in ESO.
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    I have only 2 guilds in eso wich I'm officer / GM of. Reason I use 2 guilds is because one has main focus on pve content and one have main focus on trading. If you running a pve/pvp guild you shouldnt really have to kick inactive players since they may come back in 1-2months and most of these are your friends. Try to always recrute more people for your pve/pvp guild if there is alot of inactivity.

But if you are running a trade guild you wanna set a limit of days for how long people can stay offline without talking to you. Like myself I own a trading guild wich happen to be one of the most sucessfull trading guild on EU-megaserver because it is so active and have 500/500 members with 95% of the member with less than 3days offline. Reason behinde the sucess? It is because it says in the guild message that inacivte people get removed if they don't play for 10days unless they mail me / write a note about it. Then they got 30days on logging in again since thats when there items expire from the guild store. If I have to kick them they are all welcome to come back to the guild once they log on again.

Am I a bad person for kicking inactive players from the trading guild? No, because if I don't remove inactive players everyone think I'm a bad person for not managing the guild at start flamming me. :smiley:

Keep in mind that to be a guildmaster require alot of effort, atleast if you are running a trading guild since you have to log into the game every single day and remove inactive players and bid on trader once a week. So if your not planing to stick around for eso a while, I woulndt recomend starting one :sweat_smile:
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
  • Divad Zarn
    Divad Zarn
    ✭✭✭
    Medakon wrote: »
    I have only 2 guilds in eso wich I'm officer / GM of. Reason I use 2 guilds is because one has main focus on pve content and one have main focus on trading. If you running a pve/pvp guild you shouldnt really have to kick inactive players since they may come back in 1-2months and most of these are your friends. Try to always recrute more people for your pve/pvp guild if there is alot of inactivity.

But if you are running a trade guild you wanna set a limit of days for how long people can stay offline without talking to you. Like myself I own a trading guild wich happen to be one of the most sucessfull trading guild on EU-megaserver because it is so active and have 500/500 members with 95% of the member with less than 3days offline. Reason behinde the sucess? It is because it says in the guild message that inacivte people get removed if they don't play for 10days unless they mail me / write a note about it. Then they got 30days on logging in again since thats when there items expire from the guild store. If I have to kick them they are all welcome to come back to the guild once they log on again.

Am I a bad person for kicking inactive players from the trading guild? No, because if I don't remove inactive players everyone think I'm a bad person for not managing the guild at start flamming me. :smiley:

Keep in mind that to be a guildmaster require alot of effort, atleast if you are running a trading guild since you have to log into the game every single day and remove inactive players and bid on trader once a week. So if your not planing to stick around for eso a while, I woulndt recomend starting one :sweat_smile:

Seems like Winch copied my discipline rules for trading before u wasn't playing Meda :D jk, also you forgot to add, that GM doesn't receive any money from trading guild (as many expecting when creating trading guild, like want to become rich), so @Pahlehvahn if you want successful trading guild and expect to become rich with it, forget it till you keep your reputation clear :)
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Divad always buys argonian girls + skooma from guild money. and he doesnt share =(

Hmm, i am GM or officer in every guild i am in. Just not in yours meda =( cry out loud. Kidding, i dont care :P
    Edited by xMovingTarget on November 27, 2014 5:15AM
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Divad Zarn wrote: »
    Seems like Winch copied my discipline rules for trading before u wasn't playing Meda :D jk, also you forgot to add, that GM doesn't receive any money from trading guild (as many expecting when creating trading guild, like want to become rich), so @Pahlehvahn if you want successful trading guild and expect to become rich with it, forget it till you keep your reputation clear :)

Haha yeah true, I think I donated a total of 1,5mil to the guild at one point when the times were hard and had to pay for trader. And I never withdraw any gold from the guild bank unless I really have to, if I do then I donate all the gold back a few days later + 25% extra. So I'm actually losing lots of money from owning a trading guild! :smiley:

Reason to not take gold from the guild? Then people will start giving your guild bad reputation and leave, wich will end up that ur guild become very inactive and all your best costumers will leave. Your goal is to get 500 loyal members in your trading guild wich is active and sell loot only in your guild :smile:

Why did I create a trading guild in the firstplace if I lose money on it? Because there was no other active trading guild on my faction, so I decided to create a multi faction guild wich opened a trading link between all 3 factions. Now I don't have any problems with selling items anymore so it was all worth it :smile:
    Edited by Medakon on November 27, 2014 5:25AM
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Divad always buys argonian girls + skooma from guild money. and he doesnt share =(

Hmm, i am GM or officer in every guild i am in. Just not in yours meda =( cry out loud. Kidding, i dont care :P

I can give u a little promotion once server is up since you donate alot of gold :wink:
  • Divad Zarn
    Divad Zarn
    ✭✭✭
    Medakon wrote: »
    Divad Zarn wrote: »

Haha yeah true, I think I donated a total of 1,5mil to the guild at one point when the times were hard and had to pay for trader. And I never withdraw any gold from the guild bank unless I really have to, if I do then I donate all the gold back a few days later + 25% extra. So I'm actually losing lots of money from owning a trading guild! :smiley:

Reason to not take gold from the guild? Then people will start giving your guild bad reputation and leave, wich will end up that ur guild become very inactive and all your best costumers will leave. Your goal is to get 500 loyal members in your trading guild wich is active and sell loot only in your guild :smile:

Why did I create a trading guild in the firstplace if I lose money on it? Because there was no other active trading guild on my faction, so I decided to create a multi faction guild wich opened a trading link between all 3 factions. Now I don't have any problems with selling items anymore so it was all worth it :smile:

True, i spent about 1.2-1.3mil for guild when it was just starting and reason of creating was same too :D but i keep guild on 99% converted from covenant players.. So.. @xMovingTarget burn argonians!
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it's just that ESO isn't really setup in a reasonable way for Guilds and I'm pretty certain many of us, the players, are bad guild members too :).
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Rhavein
    Rhavein
    ✭✭✭
    Well, for starters i think ESO guild system is not so good :)

However you can do several things. First, you can set inactivity limit and let members know. No bad feelings. They may re-join however there is no point keeping members which are offline for 3 months. Also, you can recruit more by advertising in here also other websites (like reddit or other ESO fan sites). Writing in game also an option but dont do it like huge paragraph. Keep it simple. Having a website and/or TS very good to begin with. You can socialize with the members you have and that will create bonds between.

In this game, i think being a GM required a lot more effort/tolerance than other games. So, dont give up! :)
    Gaehr
    Necro, Ninja, Goalkeeper
    Firehearts
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    Keep your inactives, the people who have unsubbed count towards keeping your guild bank open. I have a nice guild bank all to my lonesome with 14 people that haven't logged on in 5 months. And even if they do they don't have permissions to take anything so I don't have to worry about that either. 500 extra inventory slots is always a nice perk.
  • Breg_Magol
    Breg_Magol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pahlehvahn wrote: »
    .. what should I do to make sure my guild is more active??

Pray to the gods that ESO finds the right combination to stop players from leaving ... in time.
  • Pahlehvahn
    Nvm mind much better now :p, we around 25 people on at 170. and its not the most active time of the day so I am happy :smile: