Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New dye colour: Daedric Black

ShadowHvo
ShadowHvo
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings!

Here is a tiny suggestion, as it is really annoying to be forced to grind PvP for months, if not more than a year to ever see the light of the Legate's black, which currently comes the closet to the awesome black worn by the Daedra roaming Tamriel.

That is why I would very happily suggest for a "Daedric Black" colour to be introduced, which could be earned through completing all Dark Anchor achievements. Which means if one has maxed out the Dark Anchor achievements, they can now dress up as a perfect looking Daedra Warrior/Assassin/Necromancer outfit wise.

The black colour should essentially be 100% identical to the one which almost all Daedra has upon their armor, like this:

Difference2_zpse5f01f63.jpg

Here is a small comparison shot, both are captured in cyrodiil at the same time with the same angle, so the light is 100% the same.

Please Zenimax, make this a thing so we aren't forced to go with the brownish-black from Coldharbour ash black, and instead get a real black colour from something meaningful and worthwhile, like having completed all Dark Anchor achievements.

Besides that though, I wish all of you at ZoS a happy new year!
Edited by ShadowHvo on December 31, 2014 6:57PM
Nighren - The Shadow Striker
Leader of Bloodlines
-- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh let me second this! All the best colors are tied to unrealistic (for most of us) PvP achievements. ZOS you NEED to expand the colors available to everyone!!!!
    Edited by MornaBaine on April 27, 2016 3:07AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you mix regular black with say, covenant blue in the secondary and/or tertiary spots, you can get a very good simulacrum of a daedric blued-black.

Hopefully this will work as an adequate alternative until something better comes along.
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It still doesn't change on the Coldharbour ash black being dark brown and not black though.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• Tehachopi
    Tehachopi
    Soul Shriven
    I know this is an old thread but I still want this to be a thing.
  • Hektik_V
    Hektik_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legate black is very similar to the black on the right
    Das Hektik
    Hektik V
    Hektiksaurus
    Hekspawn

@HEKT1K
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We might as well call it Necromancer's Black after this powerful thread resurrection :D
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ever a thread were WORTHY of a bit of necromancy, this is it!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And frankly, there just needs to be a LOT more colors, and those readily available, in general!

• ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tehachopi wrote: »
    I know this is an old thread but I still want this to be a thing.

You sir, are a brilliant Necromancer!

But yes indeed, it would be awesome to get a proper black dye like this, at least one that isn't gated behind months of PvP.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not add it in crown $tore?!
    Edited by Van_0S on April 27, 2016 12:09PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am perfectly cool with the idea of new dyes being crown store purchases. This way the achievement dyes are not invalidated and those who simply desire more ways to customize their characters may do so without being "forced" to participate in activities they dislike or have no interest in.

• DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to have Legate Black or Palatine White, for example... those are colors I really want, and I'm no PVPer.

But I must say I'd hate to see colors in the Crown Store. The idea behind the dyes has always been a way to "show off" your achievements and also an encouragement to go after them. Even with all the... "money grabbing" issues games might have with stores, ZOS has kept their word about this and no dyes are being sold in the store.

I'd like it to stay this way, honestly. As much as there I dyes I really want and don't see me getting, I rather have it stay this way than risk the whole principles of the game, which would certainly work as precendet for all the other things that have also been said that "would never be sold"...