The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampire and werewolf

Uomodipunta
Uomodipunta
✭✭
Hi all! I'm back to tamriel after a while, since I played the beta but purchased the game a few days ago and I noticed some posts about vampires and werewolves, "races"/"traits"/"whatever" that weren't in the beta and my question is: can someone list me pros and cons of both races and to be kind enough to explain me which is better to choose or why not to choose them?
I'm not asking how to become vampire/ww, just a bit of info on them, and if it's a good thing to become vamp/ww. I'm a nord dragonknight dual wielder. Thanks for your time!
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back.

WW - +15% stamina regen and + ultimate when you get damaged. Now you even don't need to transform. And you don't have weakness to poison in human form, only when you transformed. Also, WW have 5 active skills now.

I'm not a vamp, so I don't know a lot about this creatures.
    Edited by AshySamurai on December 31, 2014 10:36PM
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires have been nerfed hard though there are still people PvPing with them. I am finding that my Sorcerer abilities are far superior to my Vampire skills, which is extremely disappointing. More people are dropping the vampire skill line all the time as the Cons are certainly beginning to outweigh the Pros. If you're looking for sheer utility and you want to play a vampire, go Dunmer for the fire resist.
    Edited by MornaBaine on December 31, 2014 10:39PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    I would agree with Morna, Dunmer racial passives make it a good choice if you are considering vamp, I had vamp on my main (NB) from lvl 40 to VR 8, but cured in the end as surviveability in end game is just too much of a pain due to the slow health regen.

When I hit VR14 I got a WW bite, awesome, you can level up the skills in a couple of hours, on any level of mob, they have added a self heal skill, a stam regen, and your ult charges up so fast you can drop it every 20 seconds or so in a dungeon run, would definitely recommend it over vamp at the mo
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nord werewolf dragon knight would be a good combo. That extra nord damage resistance wouldn't hurt at the very least. Other good races for Werewolf include Redguard (they have stamina coming out of their ears), Imperial (lots of stamina, lots of health, red diamond melee health drain), Dunmer (Not as good, but the +magicka/+stamina is always helpful, and fire res is always useful). I suppose Bosmer/Argonian might be okay with the poison resistance, but I'm not sure its worth it just for the resists.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>