Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tank Taunts & Self Healz

Dustile
Dustile
✭✭✭
1) Do I need both Taunt skills as a Tank?

2) "Searing Strike" a good enough self heal or do i really need "Dragon Blood"?

Edited by Dustile on December 31, 2014 9:42AM
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Yes, it's very helpful to have different taunts. Having a stamina- and a magicka taunt can be a life saver when you run low on a resource. Inner Fire is also ranged and very nice for fights where you cant stay mele on the boss 100% of the time.

2. No, you need Dragon Blood. Healers will die, healers will get controlled or taken out of the fight by mechanics. They can also be lazy and bad lol. You cant depend on constant heals. I would also use Obsidian Shield. It's a great dmg absorbing shield, that adds group support and gives you stamina back passively.

Really why DK + Templar are easier to tank with, compared to sorc or NB. They can keep themselves up for a while, when stuff turns messy.
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like to have the ability to use both pools to do anything. One thing to keep in mind about Inner Fire is it has a very unpopular synergy effect that can get in the way of more useful ones.
    Well I won't say you "need" anything but GDB is so useful why would you not use it?
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Green Dragon Blood gives you a stamina regeneration buff for 20 seconds, which is really nice for tanks.
    Wololo.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't even use Burning Embers anymore, I don't need it to stay alive so I'd rather have extra damage from Unstable.
  • Marenne
    Marenne
    ✭✭✭
    1) Yes,i'm a templar tank and when you don't have enough stamina you're happy to have the other one,.
    2) Can't say,I'm a templar.