Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it possible for a single sorceror to clean bosses at Maormer Camp in Greenshade?

Cloudor
Cloudor
✭✭
My high elf sorceror is at level 37 and the bosses are at level 30. I thought it should be easy, but I tried a lot of times and failed every time. Any suggestions?
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall ever having a particular problem with those guys personally..

Umm.. i'm not really sure what to say..
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Cloudor
    Cloudor
    ✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    I don't recall ever having a particular problem with those guys personally..

Umm.. i'm not really sure what to say..

What's your fighting strategy? I always get health droping rapidly and cannot kill them quickly enough.
    Edited by Cloudor on December 18, 2014 9:01AM
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.. i have done that quest numerous times with multiple characters all with different builds.

I didnt really treat them any differently than anything else.

I think it would be best if you told me what kind of build you use before i can offer any advice on how to beat them.

Or.. I could login now and help you (assuming you're EU)
    Edited by Dekkameron on December 18, 2014 9:17AM
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloudor wrote: »

What's your fighting strategy? I always get health droping rapidly and cannot kill them quickly enough.

There are two bosses per zone that are always much harder than the rest and give solo players a fit. Usually they are the multiple bosses that give me problems. (Reconnaissance Camp in the same zone is another example). The issue with the Maromar Camp is there is not much room to move around.

Here is what I do with World Bosses. I solo the ones that I can, and the ones that kill me a few times I leave until I am almost finished with the zone. Then I send out a LFG for a World Boss/Dolmen Tour in zone chat . There is almost always someone in the zone that wants to team up for these things and will pounce on the chance. Even if you repeat some bosses this way, it all gives you exp and loot if you near level. Note, these folks maybe doing a dungeon or a quest, so have some patience. I usually farm while waiting for a reponse.

Note Reconnaissance Camp has always been dicey for me with two players, it can be done, but its best to bring a crowd for that one.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use rune prison to keep one locked down while you fight the other. Focus on interrupting their spells and blocking their heavy attacks, as those are usually where the bulk of the damage comes from. Don't go all out trying to end the battle as quickly as possible - running out of resources in this game gets you killed more often than anything else.

Nearly every difficult encounter in ESO can be successfully dealt with in the above manner. You just have to pace yourself and focus on the combat mechanics (blocking, dodging, interrupting).
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Use rune prison to keep one locked down while you fight the other.

One thing about Rune Prison, any damage you do to a mob while it is imprisoned is going to release it, so be careful. Maybe kite away the other boss so you don't hit it, and avoid AoE like Impulse for the same reason.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using magelight (inner light morph)?
    Are you using Surge (critical surge morph)?
    What weapon are you using? destro/resto staff?
    Do you have force shock (crushing shock morph) unlocked?
    Are you using food buffs/potions?
    What about pets (clanfear for a tank)?
    Will crystal fragments work to knockdown the boss?
    Can you use/craft a "seducer" set for yourself? maybe have someone craft it for you?
    Edited by Cuyler on December 19, 2014 5:14PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Cloudor
    Cloudor
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

There are two bosses per zone that are always much harder than the rest and give solo players a fit. Usually they are the multiple bosses that give me problems. (Reconnaissance Camp in the same zone is another example). The issue with the Maromar Camp is there is not much room to move around.

Here is what I do with World Bosses. I solo the ones that I can, and the ones that kill me a few times I leave until I am almost finished with the zone. Then I send out a LFG for a World Boss/Dolmen Tour in zone chat . There is almost always someone in the zone that wants to team up for these things and will pounce on the chance. Even if you repeat some bosses this way, it all gives you exp and loot if you near level. Note, these folks maybe doing a dungeon or a quest, so have some patience. I usually farm while waiting for a reponse.

Note Reconnaissance Camp has always been dicey for me with two players, it can be done, but its best to bring a crowd for that one.

Thank you for your advice.
  • Cloudor
    Cloudor
    ✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    Well.. i have done that quest numerous times with multiple characters all with different builds.

I didnt really treat them any differently than anything else.

I think it would be best if you told me what kind of build you use before i can offer any advice on how to beat them.

Or.. I could login now and help you (assuming you're EU)

There are 3 bosses including a mender. So I try my best to always keep hitting that mender. I use Crystal Shard to start, icy Wall of Elements to slow down the fighting area, Lighting Form to run quickly in this area, weapon attack and impuls attack. When my magic is used up, I'm dead.
  • Cloudor
    Cloudor
    ✭✭
    Use rune prison to keep one locked down while you fight the other. Focus on interrupting their spells and blocking their heavy attacks, as those are usually where the bulk of the damage comes from. Don't go all out trying to end the battle as quickly as possible - running out of resources in this game gets you killed more often than anything else.

Nearly every difficult encounter in ESO can be successfully dealt with in the above manner. You just have to pace yourself and focus on the combat mechanics (blocking, dodging, interrupting).

Thank you for your advice.
  • Cloudor
    Cloudor
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Use rune prison to keep one locked down while you fight the other.

One thing about Rune Prison, any damage you do to a mob while it is imprisoned is going to release it, so be careful. Maybe kite away the other boss so you don't hit it, and avoid AoE like Impulse for the same reason.

Ah! I now understand why Rune Prison seems not to work, I'll try this skill again. Thank you.
  • Cloudor
    Cloudor
    ✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Can you use/craft a "seducer" set for yourself? maybe have someone craft it for you?

I use destro/resto staff. Crystal fragments can knockdown.
    I did not used mage light, surge,force shock, pets and I have no "seducer" set.
    Thank you. I'll try them.
    Edited by Cloudor on December 21, 2014 8:56AM
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try using a spell and then a light attack from your staff and repeat. It draws out your magicka for a bit longer while you keep doing damage. I am also a low level sorcerer and found that if i cast crystal fragments then light attack then bring down some lightning then light attack then wall of elements and continue like that usually helps
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

I use destro/resto staff. Crystal fragments can knockdown.
    I did not used mage light, surge,force shock, pets and I have no "seducer" set.
    Thank you. I'll try them.

@Cloudor, Ok now that we know your weapon of choice we can start to work out a rotation/build for you. I use destroy/resto and like most sorcs, the "crushing shock" build.

Destro and resto staff currently scale off of weapon damage and spell crit. This is subject to change in update 1.6 but is the case atm. Therefore your goal should be to max these attributes.

Bar 1(AOE) looks something like this:

1 - Magelight-Inner light
    Toggle on/off. Always have it on. It raises your spell crit by 20% when maxed out. A must have for sorcs.

2 - Surge-Critical Surge
    20 second or so buff to weapon damage. This is another must have for staff users as it will quickly softcap your weapon damage. It cost very little magicka as compared to the benefit and time it lasts.

3 - Weakness to elements-Elemental drain
    This provides an decrease in the enemies spell resistance to elemental damage, which is what you will be using as your primary source of damage.

4 - Impulse - Elemental Ring
    The AOE effect of this skill is obvious. What is not obvious is that when morphed to "ring" the extra DOTs proc the "heals on crit" much more often from the critical surge morph of Surge. A combination that will help you to be more tanky in the heavy hitting fights.

5 - Force Shock - Crushing Shock

This is the fastest DPS skill available to the sorc due to the elemental damage and how the procs and buffs other skills. More importantly, the "crushing shock" morph disrupts casting enemies. This is an extremely important utility that is needed for most endgame content.

Ult - Dawnbreaker - Flawless Dawnbreaker
    Except for Negate - Suppression Field, the sorcs ultimates utterly suck. Flawless Dawbreaker is a no brainer as it passively increases your damage just by being slotted. Don't use it just keep it on the bar.

Rotation 1
    Toggle on inner light. keep on.
    AOE - Activate Crit surge. Spam Elemental Ring. Repeat
    Single target - Activate Crit Surge, elemental drain, crushing shock, light attack, crushing shock, light attack. rinse and repeat every time crit surge goes down.

Bar 2 (Execute - Single Target)

1 - Magelight - Inner light
    See above

2 - Equilibrium - Spell Symmetry

This will trade health for magicka. Obviously use it when low on magicka. Only use 3 times in a row, any more than that will likely get you killed. Only have on one bar and swap to use it when needed.

3 - Mages Fury - Mages wrath
    This is your execute skill. Increase damage/explosion damage when target <20% health. Basically stay on bar 1 until the enemy is at 20%, then switch to bar 2 and spam the hell out of this spell. Watch health melt away.

4 - Lightning form - thundering presence

I can't tell you how many times this skill has saved my ass. In a raid of 12 people when everyone dies this skill will keep you alive. I keep it on bar two and usually only need during execute phase when bosses enrage.

5 - Force Shock -Crushing Shock

See above. basically always use this skill for sustained damage so keep on both bars. Always weave it with light attacks (i.e. CS, LA, CS,LA,CS, LA, etc)

Ult - Negate - Suppression Field

This is the only reason people want you in raids. It allows you to negate all casters in the area and provides your allies with spell resistance you would normally only get for yourself. Swap for atronach or meteor if not needed at the time.

Rotation 2 -
    As stated before when your out of magicka after using bar 1, swap to bar 2 and use spell symmetry 2-3 times then swap back.

When executing, make sure to activate crit surge on bar 1 before swapping to bar 2 for execute. Then mages wrath, light attack, mages wrath, light attack, rinse repeat when crit surge goes down.

Try and mix in thundering presence every 7 secs if you need to. Crushing shock is used on this bar if the boss spawns adds during the execute phase that requires you to disrupt casters, using only for adds. If any target is below 20% health you should be using mages wrath.

Finally some other skills to think of:
    swap impulse-elemental ring for expert-evil hunter on daedric or undead boss fights that don't require AOE.

swap elemental drain for expert-evil hunter on daedric or undead fights that require AOE.

Just a note:
    This build uses 2 destro staffs. I equip the resto staff just for ultimate generation between fights and have an entirely different heals build. Wykkyd's outfitter will help you swap skills and weapons quickly inbetween fights, use it.

Happy Hunting! and here's a link to this build.
    esohead.com/calculator/skills#mMkXeek9cW0mia8A4hI8AIUM8hMj48hMZD8hmKX8LxRn8A4hI8A4fp8AIQH8AIPq8hmKX8NioF8L7JcdoQr6MdoQC6MdoQF6MdoQJ6MdoQK8e7XLaqq6raqT6raqS6Mi4bD6Mi4bU6Mi4bX6Mi4b16Mi4b48v7XMhy3D6Mhx0n6Mhx0y6Mhx0l6Mhx0B8H7Drzwm6MNieh6MNieA6MNieT6MNiey8J7DMNUIz6MNUIc6MNUIi6MNUIN8K7Drkg6Lzuj6rzun6MANRQ6MANRU6MANRW6MANRZ8O7srdeC6rdeF6zAZqS6MA3FN6MA3FA6MA3FL6MA4Cb8P7ardYw6zLp4d6cLncp6cLncn6zLyjz847pzxLCe6cxLDm6cxLDo6cxLDs8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX
    Edited by Cuyler on December 30, 2014 6:00PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Cloudor
    Cloudor
    ✭✭
    @Cuyler, you are great! Thank you!