The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why is everyone so unfriendly?

PeterHodges
PeterHodges
Soul Shriven
I am just looking for random cool people to play with, but everyone's seems so rude lol....I haven't played this since the beta so it would be cool to run through this with a couple of people.
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, and keep looking. Good people are out there; it's just that the rude ones are so much louder. (My own guild, Grievance, has a strict "no-drama" and "family-friendly" policy, if you're interested :-) )
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm very cuddly!

Unless you are my enemy in PvP.... Then I'm more a ball of violently spinning pointy things. And magic.

But seriously, if you need help with something I'm always open to helping out. :)
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • PeterHodges
    PeterHodges
    Soul Shriven
    katkat42 wrote: »
    Don't worry, and keep looking. Good people are out there; it's just that the rude ones are so much louder. (My own guild, Grievance, has a strict "no-drama" and "family-friendly" policy, if you're interested :-) )

I knew there was hope lol! I will keep looking. I am sure there are more good people, it will just take some time, but I am definitely interested in your guild! I will message you!
  • PeterHodges
    PeterHodges
    Soul Shriven
    Shunravi wrote: »
    I'm very cuddly!

Unless you are my enemy in PvP.... Then I'm more a ball of violently spinning pointy things. And magic.

But seriously, if you need help with something I'm always open to helping out. :)

Thanks! I really appreciate it! I will contact you very soon!
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, what is it that you are trying to do where you are finding unfriendly people? I've noticed that most people in the game are pretty nice.
  • PeterHodges
    PeterHodges
    Soul Shriven
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    OP, what is it that you are trying to do where you are finding unfriendly people? I've noticed that most people in the game are pretty nice.

Nothing really. Just maybe asking general questions. Or looking at someone doing the same exact missions If they want to team up.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely join a friendly guild. Zone chat is mostly for the strong and thick skinned (haha.. Kidding... Kind of)

If Grievance doesn't work out for you, at Lone Wolf Help we are also drama free. Its best to just go where you feel most comfortable and enjoy the most :) You also will find some friendly people while playing. Entering a dungeon at the same time as someone else? Try to group and chat and see if they're friendly. (They probably are if before you even grouped you started working as a team) Keep looking, you'll find the friendlies!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am just looking for random cool people to play with, but everyone's seems so rude lol....I haven't played this since the beta so it would be cool to run through this with a couple of people.

Who the -snip- is -snip- -snipping- rude? :D

I think you just met the wrong ppl. You will meet cool ones as you said eventually ;)
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've mostly experienced very helpful and friendly people. Only yesterday did I find a player in zone acting a bit racist and whining but I just blocked him and continued on my merry way with the rest of the nice and friendly people :) .
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of new/returning players it seems in the starting zones, lots of people off for school breaks/vacations, etc, and that means that the fraction of low level players that are rude or immature may be more noticeable. People carry their personal baggage and their socialization from other online games/communities with them, but I've mostly had positive experiences. Some who seem unfriendly may just be shy, especially if they are new to MMOs.

If there is in fact a wave of unfriendliness right now I am betting that the further you get from the low level zones the better things get in general with player behavior. Many of the unfriendlies will likely either mellow out and adopt the friendlier ESO in-game culture, get bored and leave for some other game, or join guilds filled with people like themselves with which to complete content at higher levels. ;)

The advice given here is good -- ignore the really rude people in chat (right click their name in the zoen chat window to see this option), send friend requests to those who are nice/friendly, and join a good guild or two. I haven't leveled an alt through the beginning levels in a couple of months so I cannot say if the OP's experience is typical now for the starter zones, but they never seemed that bad to me before. Hopefully it was just an aberration.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »

Nothing really. Just maybe asking general questions. Or looking at someone doing the same exact missions If they want to team up.

I HAVE to ask... AD?
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the others. Keep looking. The vast majority of rude people that I see are in low-level zone chat. I barely participate in zone chat when I'm in lower level zones, for that very reason. Unless I'm popping a puppy on the nose with a virtual newspaper. ;)

Joining an active, newb-friendly guild is a great starting point.
    Heals With Stick, V11 Argonian Nightblade Healer, NA-EP
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was kinda (NOT) funny. On a low level AD alt yesterday, I had spent over two hours answering stuff that if people actually read the tutorials that popped up, would know. When I finally had enough, I just typed into zone chat. "Must .. leave.. noob.. zone.." A player sent me a tell: "I will pray for you, because people like you are why players leave this game." When I tried to reply, they had logged out.

Stuff like that is why helpful players ignore zone chat or seem rude.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that being "cool" and "friendly" was a prerequisite to playing ESO. *sarcasm off*
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they're being mean then they haven't listened to Barry Manilow enough.

/spreadingBarryacrosstheworld
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭

Define 'cool'.

Will I give you free gear for just saying hi? No

Will I help you with a quest(s) or answer questions? Yes

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "everyone" = exaggeration
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]