Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Weapon Skills Do You Want to See in the Future?

mr.scottkenyonub17_ESO
Alright, poll time!
Out of the list, what weapon skill trees do you want to see in a future patch/expansion of ESO?
Edited by mr.scottkenyonub17_ESO on November 27, 2014 3:14AM

What Weapon Skills Do You Want to See in the Future? 118 votes

Pure One-Handed (Fencing)
9%
glakSorgrimLuisenerigru95b16_ESOBumbledoreninjaguymanDanisherasernilldaxFfastylMaxloftakahashia16 11 votes
Crossbow (Offshoot of Bow Tree)
11%
OwlbehrTelelpatrykplawskib16_ESOcohowarrenub17_ESOArkemirUPrimeDDukeReifAnvosSilusSky Chancellorch1no92SerBarristan 13 votes
Runes (Empty handed Ranged Combat, perhaps with equip-able Runes)
2%
DraehlSeraphyelb92303008rwb17_ESO 3 votes
Unarmed (Empty handed Melee Combat, perhaps with claws and/or fisticuffs)
23%
kokoandshinb14a_ESOQuickickBeastnasJahoelreagen_lionelZsymonHexylRainfeatherUKJar_Ekeserras7b16_ESOOrin465SatisbiodragonChuggernautDrachenfierAllen527MournshadowfiftypercentgreyKyphokitzken 28 votes
Wand (One-handed Ranged Combat, allowing for an offhand item)
0%
Book (Spell-casting demon!)
5%
glitchmaster999Rev Rielleolsborgthodoris1008daolarMrWackeo 6 votes
Battlestaff (similar to Two-handed, but the style and abilities are different)
6%
TheLawRune_RelicJitterbugPanda244KhaleerLynx7386timidobserverSord 8 votes
Shield (No weapon needed, just a shield)
0%
Improvements to Old Skill Trees (Pick Your Poison)
8%
EthonaJandoPyatracavakthestampedeBirdovicCarolocespeter.bertramrwb17_ESOGilGaladMoroseLirkin 10 votes
Other or multiple (Write your idea up)
33%
kewlAett_ThornNutronicKhivas_CarrickTheBulllolo_01b16_ESOBrasseurfb16_ESONavayasebbanrendolpheb16_ESOShadowWolf613SpeaksStannumleandro.800ub17_ESOCheloRosveenFess1david.haypreub18_ESOSalmonleapMercurio 39 votes
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i want to see the crossbow and unarmed skill trees.

everything else can join sithis in the void for all i care.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spears.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None for now.
    Wololo.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spear, poleaxe/halberd, xbow, huge warhammers
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unarmed and improvements for existing skill trees. (including able to use sword and shield skills that dont require a shield's use in thier abilities)

Second I'd like either battlestaff or Poleaxe/spear line.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Polearms.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Polearms (all types)
    Flails (1h and 2h)
    Unarmed

and make shield and one hand separated skills - shield has one skill line (but cannot be used without any other 1h weapon), all 1h weapons has there own skill lines (with some passive buffs if used without shield).
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spears.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blow Guns. jk/jk kinda?

@dancing.in.the.webeb17_ESO‌
    Flails would be awesome.
    Edited by TheBull on November 30, 2014 3:06PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlestaff (similar to Two-handed, but the style and abilities are different)
    Spears/Polearms/Pikes/Halberds, essentially battlestaffs. Should be an extended reach (7-10m range) weapon set with a focus on point blank aoe attacks (circular motions that damage all enemies around you) and bypassing enemy defenses (aka blocking).
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Quickick
    Quickick
    ✭✭
    Would absolutely love unarmed skill line. Have been hoping and wishing to be able to play an actual monk type character.
  • kitzken
    kitzken
    Soul Shriven
    I completely agree. I want ZenMax bring back the Monk class, at lease the unarmed skill line.
  • Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the spear?
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • mr.scottkenyonub17_ESO
    Where is the spear?

I didn't bother to add it. However, the Battlestaff seems to support the use of spears... It's all a matter of perspective.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winged Spears and Halberds and Guisarmes, oh my!

Seriously, though. Templars get a magicka spear but not a real one? That's cray, as the kids say.

• Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pure One-Handed (Fencing)
    Polearms (all types)
    Flails (1h and 2h)
    Unarmed

and make shield and one hand separated skills - shield has one skill line (but cannot be used without any other 1h weapon), all 1h weapons has there own skill lines (with some passive buffs if used without shield).

And here I thought I knew what I wanted, but you just had to add more to my list!
    I've been wanting a hand-and-a-half weapon line for so long...! But your ideas encapsulate mine and add more!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • biodragon
    biodragon
    ✭✭
    I vote for Unarmed (claws to be more specific)... well werewolf is that kind skill line (play style) but because time limit not really usefully in group play.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unarmed, obvious old school staple of TES. A fencing style isn't very TES, but a 1H Only form is, thus as a form highly tactical, CC oriented fighting is doable. Also 1H And Spell, similar to 1H And Shield but for melee Caster DPS instead, I.e spellswords. Last but not least, Spears. Spears preferably as a new addition to both 2H and 1H skills, with 2H gaining increased range and block pen, and 1H getting the same for DW and 1H/Shield. 1H/Spell gets no benefit from weapon type.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unarmed, obvious old school staple of TES. A fencing style isn't very TES, but a 1H Only form is, thus as a form highly tactical, CC oriented fighting is doable. Also 1H And Spell, similar to 1H And Shield but for melee Caster DPS instead, I.e spellswords. Last but not least, Spears. Spears preferably as a new addition to both 2H and 1H skills, with 2H gaining increased range and block pen, and 1H getting the same for DW and 1H/Shield. 1H/Spell gets no benefit from weapon type.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭
    A wider range of runes I'd imagine will be craft able with spell crafting... at least I hope it is. But otherwise, one handed sword with no shield, unarmed, and spears-- not the throwable kind, though perhaps as a skill? But I mean like two handed spears, spear and shield. Etc.
  • Salmonleap
    Salmonleap
    ✭✭✭
    Ultimates for the weapon skill lines before adding fluff.
    Beware he who would deny you access to information for in his heart he dreams himself your master. -- Pravin Lal
  • Veer_Lei
    Veer_Lei
    Soul Shriven
    Spear !
  • Nutronic
    Nutronic
    ✭✭✭
    Spell & Sword

In older Elderscroll games, the spell sword was awesome. You could say playing a sorcerer with S&S is the same, but I'd think more along the lines of how Skyrim did it. Possibly it would be a magical tanking tree (ward instead of shield) or just a modest DPS line with some defense/spell power boosts.

Also Spears and Unarmed!
  • arqe
    arqe
    ✭✭✭
    Look at all these weapons they dont allow us to use in Elder Scroll games ( without mods )...
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Polearms: Halberds, Glaives, Poleaxe, etc.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • Zabernat
    Zabernat
    ✭✭✭
    I love the idea of being able to throw down fisticuffs style :smiley: and why not make a skill line for it? I feel like that's way easier than creating new weapons (as much as I would love those) and at least it doesn't need to be anywhere near as powerful as fighting with a traditional weapon which stops it from becoming overpowered.

Still, I believe it bears mentioning @mr.scottkenyonub17_ESO that cross bows technically should never come to ESO as they only made their first in-game and possibly in lore appearance in Skyrim, meaning the technology is more advanced than it should be in ESO's timeline
    Kahjit main in the Aldmeri Dominion.
    Templar of the Knightly Orders
    Herald of Justice to all of Tamriel
  • Celless
    Celless
    ✭✭✭
    I think spear would be nice to have.

Perhaps while we're at it, two more staff types such as a poison staff or a disease staff.

May give woodcrafters three or so more things to craft / research.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spear
  • mr.scottkenyonub17_ESO
    Zabernat wrote: »
    I love the idea of being able to throw down fisticuffs style :smiley: and why not make a skill line for it? I feel like that's way easier than creating new weapons (as much as I would love those) and at least it doesn't need to be anywhere near as powerful as fighting with a traditional weapon which stops it from becoming overpowered.

Still, I believe it bears mentioning @mr.scottkenyonub17_ESO that cross bows technically should never come to ESO as they only made their first in-game and possibly in lore appearance in Skyrim, meaning the technology is more advanced than it should be in ESO's timeline

Two words: Silver Bolt
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    Runes (Empty handed Ranged Combat, perhaps with equip-able Runes)
    Runes... or...

a Shadow Staff sub-set of Resto Staves. Rename the overall category Spirit Staves. Resto would stay as-is and Shadow would get damage/healing hybrid abilities with a similar design to the current resto skills, but with a more offensive/debuffing flavor.

-Force Siphon's shadow version could provide the major maim debuff- one morph could cause the target to receive more damage, the other could provide the lesser defile.
    -Regeneration could be a DoT that causes the target to damage itself when it attacks.
    -Blessing of Protection would be a short range single target damage attack that also damage the caster- one morph could be a conal attack the other could do more damage but cost more health.
    Etc.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto