Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Want to look epic? Ask me how!

AshySamurai
AshySamurai
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi everyone. I have an idea about disguises and customization. Well, I'm not sure about it name, but for now let's call it semi-functional disguise.

Now disguises completly remove your current armor and make you look different. My main idea is you still have your armor on you, but also you can obtain additional vusual effect. You can just buy this disguise from vendor in every big city.

1. Bloody armor - now you looks like you just exit a huge massacre. All in blood. Different creatures have different blood color (or maybe you can just dye blood).

2. Glowing armor - all armor starts to glow with magik light. Do you remember Tron movie? Pretty interesting costumes, yeah? And no, I don't ask glowing like in Tron movie. No flame about it, please. All I want to say that we can have such beautiful customization which can easily fit the lore. I already did tron-like armor when dye system was released (use Coldharbour Ash Black as main color and Welkynd Blue as additional). So, even if will look not as it was in tron. Just magik glow through the armor. In different colors of course.

3. Orb master - now try to remember eso live 8. They talked about "orb master". Well, it would be nice to be that orb master (each have different color or mix of colors). If we'll have oportunity to dye every orb then we'll have a toons of possible variants and that would be a real customization.

4. Ice King - all armor covered by ice. Cold is your second name. Some cold smoke all over your armor (I see this smoke as something similar to "Daedric worshipper" by @angelyn‌).

5. Pyromancer - generally it's similar with "Ice King" but with flames. Your armor looks like it will start burn in any moment. Maybe molten cracks all over your body or little flames appear in random places. All colors on your armor become bright.

6. God of Thunder - same as previous, but with lightnings.

7. Ancient Runes - carve soft glowing runes across your armor. Runes could be dyeable if it's possible.

And I really like a few ideas by @angelyn.

Ember - glow like a burning ember.. pretty cool for fire mages and ironic for vampires.

Daedric worshipper - black/grey voluminous smoke swirling around you.

Well, that's all for now. I'll try to update this list if I come up with something else.

Maybe you have an interesting idea to add?

What do you think? Would you like to see it in game? Should ZOS pay attention to it and add at least something from this list or it's just waste of time?
Edited by AshySamurai on February 21, 2015 12:55PM
Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea. I love the kollopi essence thing in game.I would love my armour to be able to have effects like:

Amber: remember the Amber armour in shivering Isles!
    Ember: glow like a burning ember.. pretty cool for fire mages and ironic for vampires
    4×4: covered in mud
    Green lady: a green glow with vine/plant tendrils extending from you
    Daedric worshipper: black/grey voluminous smoke swirling around you
    Aedra worshipper: perhaps a glowing light of Meridia

Just some random ideas! Hope your ideas get implemented. :#

Edit: would be cool if npcs commented on you if you wore some of these:

Bloody: "those stains will never wash out of your soul"
    Glowing: " look who thinks the sun shines out of his sweetroll"
    Orb: "is that golden balls?"
    Ember: " mmm roasted skeever"
    Daedric worshipper: " by the blood of nirn!"

Etc etc
    Edited by angelyn on December 21, 2014 10:19PM
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always liked having small thing flying around me in RPGs for whatever reason, It probably comes from Fable, where if you maxed out being good you would get small little fairies to fly around you but if you were completely evil you would have tiny little imps floating around you.

Then in WoW I always enjoyed having armor that had small rocks and stuff floating around my shoulders and Weapon. Gimme a few fireflies to fly around me ZoS!
    Edited by bosmern_ESO on December 21, 2014 10:18PM
    ~Thallen~
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like idea with aedric/daedric worshipper. IMO it's awesome!
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.. think i will say no. One of the things i like about the style in the game here is that its simple and not to much effects :)

Do like it simple.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    Hmm.. think i will say no. One of the things i like about the style in the game here is that its simple and not to much effects :)

Do like it simple.

You sounds reasonable. But I don't think that it will make the game more complicated. It's just another costume with new effect.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a new one. Old armor. It will make your armor looks like it's very old (rust, rags). What do you think?
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few more ideas.
    - Ice King - all armor covered by ice. Cold is your second name. Some cold smoke all over your armor (I see this smoke as something similar to "Daedric worshipper" by @angelyn‌).
    - Pyromancer - generally it's similar with "Ice King" but with flames. Your armor looks like it will start burn in any moment. Maybe molten cracks all over your body or little flames appear in random places. All colors on your armor become bright.
    - God of Thunder - same as previous, but with lightnings.
  • Aaron0887
    Aaron0887
    Glowing armor gives me flashbacks to the old Morrowind "enchantment glow". I'm glad someone modded that out. I like the bloody idea though.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to be able to choose the colour of my spells, it'd be great if they could include this with Spellcrafting.
    PC EU
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the bloody armor idea. All the glowy stuff...not as much. Too much "flash" and this game starts looking like WoW...which is exactly what I DON'T want.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Love the bloody armor idea. All the glowy stuff...not as much. Too much "flash" and this game starts looking like WoW...which is exactly what I DON'T want.
    Aaron0887 wrote: »
    Glowing armor gives me flashbacks to the old Morrowind "enchantment glow". I'm glad someone modded that out. I like the bloody idea though.

I imagined it as a soft glowing. I think additional color glowing could be pretty cute. Well, ok, not the best idea.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New idea.

Ancient Runes - carve soft glowing runes across your armor. Runes could be dyeable if it's possible.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do like it simple.

Going to agree here. The bloody effects sound alright, I'm not too keen on seeing glowing or other extraordinary effects on armor though.
    Edited by BBSooner on February 20, 2015 6:34PM
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »

Do like it simple.

Going to agree here. The bloody effects sound alright, I'm not too keen on seeing glowing or other extraordinary effects on armor though.

I didn't mean it as something lore breaking. I don't like extraordinary effects too. All I want is a little diversity. It's not like running as giant fireball or beam of light. I mean it as a minor visual effects.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4. Ice King- all armor covered by ice. Cold is your second name. Some cold smoke all over your armor (I see this smoke as something similar to "Daedric worshipper" by @angelyn‌).

Sounds like Stalhrim. Which would be a pretty cool addition to the game, though that would also mean adding Solstheim, though it is already on the world map.
  • Edhelas_Naven
    Edhelas_Naven
    ✭✭

Do like it simple.

It will likely be possible to turn of these particle effects. I do not know about the coding of graphics but remember in Everquest that it was possible to turn down spell effects or completely turn it off. Some other games do do it but I cannot remember exactly.

I do like the additions but it could spoil immersion in towns especially. There is something really not in place when you come to town and you see that Orc clad in such a rare powerful looking armor doing push up on the market floor. Yes it is not my place to judge and i can just ignore it and carry on with what I am doing.

However, I do like the idea when out adventuring into dungeons, for example, entering that world delve infested with undead, my holy light knight shining armor can add to the immersion as I am here to cleanse evil. Like the templar skill line effects on my main character.