The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is bad about Craglorn and how can it be fixed?

jackleminer55
jackleminer55
✭✭✭
So I'm currently only Veteran Rank 1 and am slowly progressing, but I have heard a lot about Craglorn and how it is empty and dead.

I would like to hear what people think about why it is dead and how ZOS could fix that to make it a populated zone.
Edited by jackleminer55 on December 21, 2014 1:00AM
  • jkirchner71ub17_ESO2
    It really isn't dead BUT so many are now capped out or have completed the content (other than Trials) so running the lower and upper Craglorn quest lines can be tough unless you are in a larger guild or at least one willing to run the content with you or have alts who need it. The GOOD thing now is most of it is repeatable or the instance is set by a group leader so that anyone can come in and help you complete the quests. The map is pretty awesome as is the quest lines.

The one thing to keep in mind - this zone, albeit available at VR1 has all VR11+ mobs in it. Not sure if the mobs in the quest dungeons and delves scale to your level in Craglorn or not but if not it is going to be rough at VR1. I did VR dungeons and continued on with Cadwells before I really dove into Craglorn at VR7 but to each his own.
    MAIN
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Torroch, VR14 Orc DK Rank 22, Officer in Maelstrom
    Once again looking for an organized PvP guild to join - viva la Venatus

NON-PvP Alts
    Ebonheart Pact
    Torach, VR12 Orc Sorcerer, GM House of the Tamriel Ten
    Torrach, VR8 Orc Templar, House of the Tamriel Ten (older brother of Torach)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The zone was nothing but a pathetic grind zone for quite some time. By now most people have capped out levels and have no wish to run it. It also suffers from HORRENDUS grouping issues.

I personally think it is a lost cause. If it was not for dragonstar arena and the trials, noone would really go to it, save completionists.
    Edited by Cody on December 21, 2014 6:14AM
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Its really hard at times to find groups for the main quest lines as i am finding out right now.If you find a good group try and do the main quests straight away.

But the Quests are awsome and the bosses look great
    Edited by sickboy2808 on December 21, 2014 8:20PM
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I managed to get the lower and upper Craglorn questline done, but only because I am in a guild that for weeks on end ran regular events to help people get through the main quests in the zone (and yes, I redid plenty of areas in order to help other people through).

I think there are some grouping issues that make it more difficult than it ought to be, not everyone can spend several hours in one sitting going through a group-only quest, or a whole series of group-only quests, with the same group or a group at the same quest stage, to finish a zone.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best zone ever. The only good content in the game is there. Trials and DSA.

You're gonna love it!
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    80% of the quests are all repeatable and have zero impact. 10% of the quests are all plot related, but it's hard as hell to find players to do them. The remaining 10% is Trials and DSA, which are fantastic, but even harder to find groups for.

As for fixing it? The grouping tools are broken, so finding people to try to do similar quests as you is hard. I don't know if it's due to the "Megaserver", but sometimes it feels like there's about all of a dozen people in all of Craglorn at any one time. Ever.
    Edited by Preyfar on December 24, 2014 11:40PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Until the useless grouping tool is fixed, craglorn will be a lost cause. If it was not for trials and the dragonstar arena, no one would go there.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm currently only Veteran Rank 1 and am slowly progressing, but I have heard a lot about Craglorn and how it is empty and dead.

I would like to hear what people think about why it is dead and how ZOS could fix that to make it a populated zone.

Basically, the quest chains. So hard to find a group for the stage you are on...
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    80% of the quests are all repeatable and have zero impact. 10% of the quests are all plot related, but it's hard as hell to find players to do them. The remaining 10% is Trials and DSA, which are fantastic, but even harder to find groups for.

As for fixing it? The grouping tools are broken, so finding people to try to do similar quests as you is hard. I don't know if it's due to the "Megaserver", but sometimes it feels like there's about all of a dozen people in all of Craglorn at any one time. Ever.

And 10 of them will be farming Spellscar.