Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Up to date skill calculator?

kongkim
kongkim
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know of an up to date skill calculator out there? All i tried has not been updatet after last update.

Ingame two-handed skill momentum only affect two haded weapons now. But all calculators say otherwise...
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK there are none. ESO is sorely lacking in unofficial community documentation, unfortunately.
  • Mightylink
    Mightylink
    ✭✭✭
    esohead looks like a ghost town, nobody comments or posts screenshots on anything, all the info is months out of date, its clear there not caring for this game at all
    Mightylink - Nord Battlemage (Sorcerer)
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm its sad. I would really like to see the Dev. maybe make a calculator?
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... I'm actually toying with idea of making one (I'm an app developer, and I'm extremely invested in this game so I have an interest in making this properly)... just to make sure I'm actually on the right track here, what exactly is the point of an skills calculator? What features make it work properly? What features would you like to see included?
    Edited by Workerdroid7 on December 15, 2014 8:11AM
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm... I'm actually toying with idea of making one (I'm an app developer, and I'm extremely invested in this game so I have an interest in making this properly)... just to make sure I'm actually on the right track here, what exactly is the point of an skills calculator? What features make it work properly? What features would you like to see included?

@Workerdroid7‌: The aim of skills calculators is to be able to quickly share buils with other people as well as quickly being able to find information related to character skills (I got 5k damage from blazing shield? How come? "goes check tooltip of skill).

Optimally, you could also see what the damage output of the skill would be depending on how much magicka, spell dmg and stamina you have. Dunno if someone has actually gone through the process of finding out the math behind this. In any case, if you're serious about it, you should post your project in General Forums. I'm sure you'll find people willing to help and maybe someone who has looked into the math behind the damage.

A good base to start would also be http://esohead.com/calculator/skills
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is all of them. Doesn't appear any are up to date. Which will be problematic when 1.6 drops.
    1. esohead.com/calculator/skills
    2. teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-skill-calculator/
    3. esocalc.com/
    4. skills.tesotools.com/
    5. skillcalc.massyx.de/
    6. esobuild.com/
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Workerdroid7‌

Actually the ESOhead one does the job adequately, it's just outdated...

I use it to "theorycraft" builds, as previously mentioned, share builds, check tooltips - but it is crucial that it stays up to date when the devs change the game. Otherwise it quickly becomes useless. Like the ESOhead one now is useless should you want to make a WW build.

Moreover, the more it can look like ingame the better imo.

Hope you can work something out, a skill calc is sorely missed.
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies, very helpful info here!

I am serious about this, and I also don't mind keeping it updated.... this assumes, of course, that the actual values will be available to me each time they get changed.

I am only just starting to think about this now so I'm not entirely sure how complex a programming task this will turn out to be - no timeframe to provide at this point.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The would be really cool. Really need one what is up to date. :)
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing that at least one of the guys from the previously named websites would agree to release you the code so you can work on it as long as you cite him/her as the initial developper.

Regarding the "values", other than those you can see in game, you will most likely not be getting any of those from ZOS.

Regardless of the "damage amount" vs magicka/stamina/spell&wep dmg, just an updated tool with the latest available skills/tooltips and the ability to make builds and share them would already be an awesome job.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am serious about this, and I also don't mind keeping it updated.... this assumes, of course, that the actual values will be available to me each time they get changed.

I am only just starting to think about this now so I'm not entirely sure how complex a programming task this will turn out to be - no timeframe to provide at this point.

Your first step should be to try contacting the folks responsible for those out of date tools. They may allow you to take over the project, share the code and/or provide some guidance.

If you have to or want to build from scratch, I'd suggest the LAMP stack. If you're not comfortable with installing the base components or Linux, you could start with one of these:
    Edited by kewl on December 15, 2014 7:50PM
  • Minsc
    Minsc
    ✭✭✭
    I think @soulac is trying for one as shown at this thread http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/138113/beta-build-calculator
    and is constantly trying to update it .
    For more information i'll try to summon the cat @soulac :)
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minsc wrote: »
    I think @soulac is trying for one as shown at this thread http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/138113/beta-build-calculator
    and is constantly trying to update it .
    For more information i'll try to summon the cat @soulac :)

It's not a skill calculator :P
    The version is a bit older there but I made it to calculate your final stats, skill costs, possible breakfrees, tooltip dmg and some other information stuff.
    If you want to see the overall change of your build if you change a single glyph u don't need to do it ingame.
    I could update it if enough ppl are interested.
    (It's not a website or something, it's made in excel)

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Just to clarify... I won't be making this as a website either. I'm an app developer for Android smartphones, and plan on adding this to my existing ESO app as another useful tool. Having it on a smartphone adds some challenges, particularly with respect to user interface, but it has some advantages too - including the ability to use the calculator while playing... or standing in a queue, riding a train etc.

• Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm an app developer for Android smartphones, and plan on adding this to my existing ESO app as another useful tool.

Wish there would be more windows app developers.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just to clarify... I won't be making this as a website either. I'm an app developer for Android smartphones, and plan on adding this to my existing ESO app as another useful tool. Having it on a smartphone adds some challenges, particularly with respect to user interface, but it has some advantages too - including the ability to use the calculator while playing... or standing in a queue, riding a train etc.

For an useful app I would wish a mix of my calculator and the possibility to include Skills.
    Like if you put in a Siphon Ability, your Magicka stat gains 8%.

As example:
    You can chose the standard calculator like eso head, but u got the option to include up stats, skill costs, tool tip dmg, break free costs and more. (like my excel thing)
    So the app would ask for race, class, base stats, used buff food, cyrodiil buffs, equip (including sets) , enchants, used weapons etc.

Edited by Soulac on December 16, 2014 6:32PM

- Meow -
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see one which is actually kept updated with skill changes as they happen, I enjoy spending time looking at my builds and theory crafting.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, what many of large websites use is a database to pull skill info from. Making a singular program you will constantly have to update the database yourself with changes.
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, what many of large websites use is a database to pull skill info from. Making a singular program you will constantly have to update the database yourself with changes.

Yes, I know. I don't mind updating the info, it's not like it will be changing on a daily basis. Designing the database in the first place, and the code to input/extract and display the info is the more challenging part :)

And, of course... the release of the Championship system is going to add an entirely new level of complexity to the situation. I'm not yet sure if that is going to require just additional functionality to the calculator, or an entire re-write of the calculator.

Edited by Workerdroid7 on December 17, 2014 6:44AM
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    I'm an app developer for Android smartphones, and plan on adding this to my existing ESO app as another useful tool.

Wish less people would use windows on their phones. Oh wait, there aren't actually almost any ^^ (windows OS according to idc had less than 3% OS market share on Q3 of 2014, android had 84% and Apple 11,7%). Which is why nobody in their right mind would waste time making apps for Windows phone ;).

Regarding calculations & math:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/140280/eso-calculations-for-advanced-players

With this and Soulac's excel sheet, you should have all the math available.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magnusnet wrote: »
    Wish less people would use windows on their phones. Oh wait, there aren't actually almost any ^^ (windows OS according to idc had less than 3% OS market share on Q3 of 2014, android had 84% and Apple 11,7%). Which is why nobody in their right mind would waste time making apps for Windows phone ;).

I know and it will be most likely even less in the future after Microsoft bought Nokias mobile business.

I have been enjoying using the Nokia Lumia but might be time to start looking towards Android based devices.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I support you. Thank you!
    I use skill calculations mostly to check more advanced stats then the ingame tooltip says. Like how much more damage does the bow attacks do with 200 more stamina f example. The scalings. And some skills like shields and stuff scales with max magicka or something. This is useful information I would like to know.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭
    magnusnet wrote: »
    Syntse wrote: »

Regarding calculations & math:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/140280/eso-calculations-for-advanced-players

With this and Soulac's excel sheet, you should have all the math available.

Thanks for the link, that looks very useful indeed :)
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yap my Calculator includes the tooltip dmg thing based on the thread.

- Meow -
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we are working on it :)

www.oghmainfinium.com

phase 2 will allow for changing skills within your build.

Couple of months away yet, but we are working on it everyday.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    we are working on it :)

www.oghmainfinium.com

phase 2 will allow for changing skills within your build.

Couple of months away yet, but we are working on it everyday.

@yodased Heh maybe you could join forces with @Workerdroid7‌ to port oghma to an App :D Dunno if it's possible to generate a QR code in the UI, but if you could, all you'd need to update your char in oghma would be to scan the QR code in your screen with the App and voila! ;).
    Edited by TehMagnus on December 18, 2014 12:55PM
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭

Please dont foget tablets and take a look at the Logitech ARX software. Be nice to add in app volume controls and other nifty stuff.
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • Lightword
    Lightword
    ✭✭
    Merry Christmas, I hope you know German!

http://www.eso-skillwerkstatt.de/skillplaner
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightword wrote: »
    Merry Christmas, I hope you know German!

http://www.eso-skillwerkstatt.de/skillplaner

Don't know German but I can pretty much piece it together lol. This is a really nice site. Come on English speaking fellows, let's make something just as good!
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is the most telling thing about why the game is going B2P. When the fansites go out of date because they are not playing it. Add ons made by individualy is one thing but FAN sites? Some of them even very heavy TES series sites?