Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Favor Needed from EU Server Players RE: 1.6

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I have a favor to ask of all players on the EU server who will be testing 1.6 when it hits the PTS.

Could you let us know how many Champion Points your characters start with once 1.6 is installed? The character copy from the EU server will likely be a few weeks old when 1.6 arrives; however we should still have some reasonably close numbers on the total number of Champion Points received given how ZOS has been tracking XP since at least 1.4 (September).

I'm curious if players are going to start with a low number of Champion Points or something around a few dozen or something in the hundreds or more. If the numbers are low, I may need to focus on grinding or maximizing XP before 1.6 hits the live servers.

Thanks in advance.

If anyone from ZOS wants to chime in with some ballpark or average numbers, that would be awesome as well.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure if will be posted elsewhere or maybe even ZOS will chime in with a number closer to release but I can always send you a direct message on the forums after I have done my testing.

I have focused on one single character since early access with maybe two months of downtime to play other games, so all my EXP will be around what one character has earned past VR in that time.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'll just stream and record the first few mins of PTS testing so you can see all numbers of the CS. I'll post a link once I've got the full vid. :)
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much, @Sublime.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @LonePirate: I remember reading that the Champion Points received when 1.6 is released will be capped. The XP that we are currently getting would be counting towards CPs, but only up to a limit. Does anyone remember what @ZOS said regarding this?
    Wololo.
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    @LonePirate: I remember reading that the Champion Points received when 1.6 is released will be capped. The XP that we are currently getting would be counting towards CPs, but only up to a limit. Does anyone remember what @ZOS said regarding this?

That's pretty much the extend of what they said.
    At the time, they had not yet decided on what that cap would be...
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I also seem to remember a cap being discussed once upon a time. I also seem to recall something about players needing roughly an hour to obtain one new Champion Point.

The cap, if it does exist, can't be too low, like 10, otherwise almost every player will have hit the cap due to XP being tracked since at least 1.4's release in September. Would a cap of 100 be reasonable or too high or too low? If there is no cap, some players who know how to earn tremendous amounts of XP very quickly may have over 1000 Champion Points when 1.6 arrives in February. Would this be "fair" for them or others?
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morvul wrote: »
    Gyudan wrote: »

That's pretty much the extend of what they said.
    At the time, they had not yet decided on what that cap would be...

In the "Ask us anything" thread, I asked whether the cap would be adjusted with the Champion System being delayed to February. No answer.
    I'll be sure to ask that question again for this week's episode of ESO Live ...

In my opinion, the cap should only be used to avoid game-breaking CP farm before the release of 1.6. I don't mind if other players who spend hours doing quests and real content get over 1000 champion points. Players who grind XP in Craglorn, however, should not get CPs on par with the amount of XP that they receive.
    Edited by Gyudan on December 17, 2014 2:18PM
    Wololo.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, guys. As of 12/10/14 both EU and NA characters are on the PTS. It's on the top post.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Um, guys. As of 12/10/14 both EU and NA characters are on the PTS. It's on the top post.

I just checked the PTS a few moments ago and my NA server character is nowhere to be found.
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    I am forming a guild in the PTS with friends and some more people.
    whisper/mail me to join we will play as DAGGERFALL COVENANT my name @‌Rubenhoi

also i will be live streaming it on TWITCH www.twitch.tv/elderscrollsonlinemaster

Have a great day
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sure they'll copy over the US chars instead just before they put up 1.6...
  • Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this cap isn't permanent considering it is a round robin system. I don't want to waste points int he warrior tree except to get my hp increases when i could be spending them in the mage trees if i am a spellcaster... Hopefully soon we will see something new about this system and really can't wait for the PTS to get 1.6
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dubah wrote: »
    I hope this cap isn't permanent considering it is a round robin system. I don't want to waste points int he warrior tree except to get my hp increases when i could be spending them in the mage trees if i am a spellcaster... Hopefully soon we will see something new about this system and really can't wait for the PTS to get 1.6

It is my understanding that you must rotate your points among the three constellations - a point in the first one, then in the second one and then in the third one before you can spend a point in the first one again.

We should learn much more during Friday's ESO Live show.

• Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Dubah wrote: »

It is my understanding that you must rotate your points among the three constellations - a point in the first one, then in the second one and then in the third one before you can spend a point in the first one again.

We should learn much more during Friday's ESO Live show.

You indeed have to rotate around the sky, but there will be perks for all roles in all constelations. I.e. for those who want to play a tank, they will not only want to go into the warrior for HP, but maybe also into the mage for spell resist and the serpent for block cost reduction (just some examples which don't correspond one to one to the actual perks), same comes true for all other roles.
  • Farinhir
    Farinhir
    Soul Shriven
    Edit, nevermind. I should read the timestamps on these posts before I post.
    Edited by Farinhir on December 29, 2014 6:34AM
  • acortner_ESO
    acortner_ESO
    ✭✭
    "As long as you have a Veteran Rank character, you will start with 30 points in the Champion System once 1.6 goes live. Every character on your account will have those 30 points to spend, it’s not a shared pool. There’s several reasons why we did that, is that we didn’t want players to be vastly separated at the start of the system."

Maria Aliprando, 12/19 ESO Live Twitch Stream
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "As long as you have a Veteran Rank character, you will start with 30 points in the Champion System once 1.6 goes live. Every character on your account will have those 30 points to spend, it’s not a shared pool. There’s several reasons why we did that, is that we didn’t want players to be vastly separated at the start of the system."

Maria Aliprando, 12/19 ESO Live Twitch Stream

Yeah, that bombshell was dropped a few days after I created this thread. I'm still not happy about it nearly two weeks later.