Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ultimates for Sorc Question

GreyRanger
GreyRanger
✭✭✭
I have been using all three sorc ultimate abilities at different times:

Storm Atro: some boss fights, general leveling
Negate Magic: some really tough boss fights
Overload(Energy Overload): On my dungeon healing build as a another way to regen magica and keep the heals coming.

So my question. I am just about where I can get the Mage's Guild Ultimate : Meteor and was thinking about changing this out for Storm Atronach for general purpose use.

Does that seem like a good or foolish idea? How does Meteor compare to Storm Atro.?

Thanks for the help.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    meteor-and-morphs

Doesn't sound good.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor is awful. I can think of one use for it, and even then it's only a possibility as I haven't seen that scenario pop up anywhere. Negate and Stormy are much better.

Regarding your uses for the other ultimates, imo it should be
    Storm Atro - when you want single target dps.
    Negate magic - when you need to totally shut down a large amount of mobs of spell effects. For example, if you ahve 20 spiders coming at you, use nEgate. If it's one giant spider, storm atronach.

I used Overload for general leveling, Storm atronach for boss-y thigners while leveling/in dungeons. Overload is quite fun, and useful if you're just killing generic quest mobs, but don't want to use up a load of ultimate ot kill 3 enemies. It can also replace Negate Magic (for general quest leveling) once you get Critical Surge, as you won't need CC with all the healing going out.

Also, for healing, using Energy Overload for magicka regen isn't the best idea. I'd use resto staff heavy attacks instead - better regen, and you won't have any delay if you actually need to toss out another heal.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until they change meteor to be a ground effect like volcanic rune, meteor will be crap.
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    What about the morphs?
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another general purpose Ultimate you might consider if available to you and if a significant amount of your DPS is from weapon ( Crushing shock and Impulse for example) is the Fighter guild ultimate morph "Flawless Dawnbreaker". Just having this slotted provides a passive that increases Weapon Damage by 13%. If your DPS is coming from your weapon then this is probably the nicest Ultimate you will never use.
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elf_Boy wrote: »
    What about the morphs?

Thread in my previous quote says the morphs are bad too.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule