Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Building PC only for ESO, need some advice on a build

Katinas
Katinas
✭✭✭✭
So I've decided to buy a new PC as my old computer is struggling with ESO.
I will only be playing ESO, I don't really play any other games and I PVE 95% of the time, only doing some PVP so I don't really want a PC that can handle massive scale PVP battles.

Untitled.jpg

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VM8gpg

This is a build I've compiled after searching the forum here as well as consulting some other sites. I want some opinions if this is a good build or not, if something needs changing and so on. The build does not include a monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse as I'm happy with what I have at the moment and don't plan to change them. I run Windows 8.1 64-bit version and play the game on 1680x1050 resolution @ 60 Hz.
Any comments would be highly appreciated. I've included both an SSD and an HDD and would buy both if having installed ESO on SSD would improve the playing experience. If not, then I'd consider only buying the HDD.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's the PC I built in August.
    toXfTZP.jpg
    1 Euro = 1.23 USD

Mine has:
    - better graph card
    - older CPU
    - larger SSD

Maybe adjust your graph card / CPU a bit.
    I switched to installing all the main programs on SSD and I'd never go back. :)
    Edited by Gyudan on December 8, 2014 10:32PM
    Wololo.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katinas wrote: »
    So I've decided to buy a new PC as my old computer is struggling with ESO.
    I will only be playing ESO, I don't really play any other games and I PVE 95% of the time, only doing some PVP so I don't really want a PC that can handle massive scale PVP battles.

Untitled.jpg

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VM8gpg

This is a build I've compiled after searching the forum here as well as consulting some other sites. I want some opinions if this is a good build or not, if something needs changing and so on. The build does not include a monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse as I'm happy with what I have at the moment and don't plan to change them. I run Windows 8.1 64-bit version and play the game on 1680x1050 resolution @ 60 Hz.
    Any comments would be highly appreciated. I've included both an SSD and an HDD and would buy both if having installed ESO on SSD would improve the playing experience. If not, then I'd consider only buying the HDD.

I would advice waiting a tiny bit longer, at least until the end of the week as the new AMD "Omega" drivers will be released and if we can believe AMD they offer about 20% more performance. Most websites should have brand new benchmarks for AMD cards by then, check those and compare them to what you are willing to spend and what you would get from Nvidia for the same price.

That said,

I would always advice going for AMD these days, even the down sampling of Nvidia is no longer unique as AMD will have it too but only on the 290 series for now.

Since you don't play in Full HD, a 290 is way too much and not needed at all. I am using a 280x and am quite happy with it, they should cost about 230$ now.

However,

it is very important to note that the main factor in regards of ESO is your CPU. Intel is definitely the way to go there. Your CPU is about 14% faster than mine, I do average 40-45 FPS in pve on ultra.

So as an advice,

get a different GPU with 3GB of VRAM like a 280x. Get a smaller PSU, 600W are not needed in your system and get a case too. ;)

I play without SSD and don't have any issues, however I use SSD´s for work and know they are great but at games I feel they are not really needed yet.