The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Skyreach Catacombs last boss: best strategy?

AlnilamE
AlnilamE
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I went with a group of friends into Skyreach Catacombs for the first time yesterday.

None of us had done it before and it was lots of fun trying to figure out what the best strategy was for defeating each of the bosses. We did pretty well until we got to the last boss.

He is a lich (I hate liches!) and he summons a good number of adds. We could not figure out an effective strategy, as he does a lot of AoE, so that would make you think range, but on the other hand the adds need to be AoEd down as well.

We had two templars and two nighblades in our group. Any ideas on what the best stragety is for this guy?
The Moot Councillor
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    10 seconds of google search led me to this.

I don't even remember having any issue with this boss. A bit of AOE damage and you should be fine. Also, dodge the red circles.
    Wololo.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! Will watch that on my lunch.

Isn't that a fun dungeon? I belive it's a daily quest too, right?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is indeed a fun place, as I remember, hardest of all Upper Crag for our group of 3 to complete:) Didn't have many problems when completing it with 4 people later. The key is aoe-ing ads down asap and avoiding all those red circles(which you can do by standing right under boss basically, in between circles, or going full ranged). When I was tanking this fight I also really liked immovable since boss has a charming habit of cc'ing you with his chain then immediately putting a heavy ticking aoe right at your feet. Keeping Immovable up nonstop was easier for me.

This fight get really hard if you lack aoe(which we did with just 3 of us there) or people are not careful and die to boss' aoe(which often results in the rest being overwhelmed by ads and having their souls consumed and their flesh eaten...I mean being killed. Excuse me, I run too much COH:D).
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! I was wondering about staying under the boss. In our first try, that's pretty much what we accidentally did and it seemed to work.

I was also advised to keep on the move from one end of the platform to the other while AoEing the ghosts down to stay away from the boss.

This gives us a few different strategies to try. Thanks again. :-)
    The Moot Councillor