Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to beat Selene?

Jitterbug
Jitterbug
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is there a trick to it?
Have failed with a couple of pugs now...

Any advice will be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks!
Edited by Jitterbug on December 8, 2014 10:06AM

Best Answers

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, there are different strategies to kill her.
    We usually stack in a cornor, so Selene and all the melee adds come to us. We AoE the melee adds down, ignore the ranged ones, use damage reductions like veil of blades and try to kill the boss fast.
    Another possibillity would be to focus on killing all adds fast and damaging the boss while there are no adds.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on December 8, 2014 1:47PM
    Answer ✓
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Selene can be a pain if you lack aoe dps. Been in a group like that once, it was a real struggle. Another time we just flew through the fight with barely noticing ads.

You need aoe dps for this fight. CC ads, aoe them, chainpull them to you, ulti them and hit Selene in between ads(might make for slow fight with low aoe dps but beats a wipe).

I'm sure there are other strategies for it but as long as you can squeeze out enough aoe dps there's no need for them:)

Edited by Magdalina on December 8, 2014 3:51PM
    Answer ✓
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    I cannot recall any special tactics needed to beat Selene. Just normal stuff. If you can explain what happens usually or what kills then we might be able to help. I've done Selene multiple times in pugs and never I remember any tactics needed to win it.

IMO the archer with ghost panthers is harder than Selene.

Agreed, if you can get through LongClaw, Selene should be doable.

The adds are key - they can add up in a hurry. Range the archers, draw everything else in and AoE. Try to pull them near Selene to get double duty from your DPS.

You get small breathers in between waves and in between the web stun+AoE that she does. This one's more of an endurance fight, slow and steady, rather than a burn down in 30 seconds kind of thing.

Try to have all of your group use her as the central point, as she's usually pretty easily identifiable. Roll through AoE's to the other side, then turn around - it's a lot faster than turning and the moving and will save you precious seconds.

Like many of the mass-add fights, this one can be resource intensive, so make sure you have food buffs and make sure you potion early.

Having to wait a few seconds for resources to regen can be the difference between clearing and wiping.

One last commonly overlooked tactic, stand behind or on all four sides. A boss pointed away won't single target DPS you. A boss turning or constantly switching targets is spending less time DPSing.

(If you have any Sorc's in your group, Lightning armor can be a beautiful thing - nothing quite as poetic as being pulled in and snared by a boss while still doing damage in the process. I suspect shades would work here too.)

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Answer ✓
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are a few videos about it, via google

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NqODvKhxZzI Is the first one, hope it helps.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on December 8, 2014 11:12AM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks but wrong boss ;)
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

Well, the videos do indeed show the players kill her (I've seen these before) but offers no "walkthrough". It does not tell me where we went wrong and what we can do to beat her.
    I realize that she can be beaten, I just need some pointers as to how.
    Like, should the tank pick up adds, should we ignore them, should we stack, do we AoE or nuke... stuff like that.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot recall any special tactics needed to beat Selene. Just normal stuff. If you can explain what happens usually or what kills then we might be able to help. I've done Selene multiple times in pugs and never I remember any tactics needed to win it.

IMO the archer with ghost panthers is harder than Selene.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »

Thanks but wrong boss ;)

Sorry, I googled "ESO Selene", and that's what popped up, sorry it wasn't the right boss.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehe..teh only thing i recall is, that when you dps to fast the net will not break and you can´t progress :) That happened once, when she died after 15-20 Seconds ;)
    Legenden
    Play@Feierabend mit der legendärsten Feierabendgilde.
    Besuch uns.
    Es ist besser zu schweigen und alle glauben zu lassen, man sei dumm, als den Mund aufzumachen und alle Zweifel zu beseitigen.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apokh wrote: »
    Hehe..teh only thing i recall is, that when you dps to fast the net will not break and you can´t progress :) That happened once, when she died after 15-20 Seconds ;)

I'm guessing I'll never have that problem :P