Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.6 should release on PTS for Christmas, and reasons why!

Dubah
Dubah
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ you should push this before christmas, probably the monday before, and here is why.

A) Alot of people take alot of time off during the holidays as well as all the schools are let out and there isn't much to do, so gamers will game. 2 weeks of pure testing and i promise most people will be interested in this update enough to get a REALLY good test into the system, even if it is on the PTS for a month or 2 before heading to live this is a big one and needs alot of testing

B) My work shuts down for 9 days during christmas, from the 23rd til the 2nd, and its all paid time off therefore again i will have 9 days of nothing to do and really want to test this content. As usual you have TSR looking to test the crap out of this update and help as many out as need to understand these changes.

and C) the last 2 updates were not tested completely and not given enough time on the PTS to get a good test in and get the new stuff up and running properly. Putting this on PTS during this time will completely negate this assuming that there is a team available during the time to fix the bugs and all that good stuff.

All that being said I understand ZOS probably has alot of people wanting to take time off to visit their families for christmas, but we really wont need alot, put it on PTS and let the bug reports stack up for a week or 2, and by the time they come back there will be enough work to get the new year to a good start.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your points are spot on! Many, many players have numerous days off during the holidays to help test. ZOS is missing the boat by delaying the PTS deployment until January.

If ZOS is planning to deploy it during the week of January 5, then there is no reason why it can't be deployed the week of December 22. How much additional development and review do they think they are going to get done during that holiday time frame when many of them will be on vacation as well?
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going to have to agree with this 100%. It should be dropped at a time when the majority of players can test it thoroughly. Dropping it right after that time, well, it doesn't make much sense. I'm sure they have their reasons though...
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Naw, Take your time ZOS and give us a quality product that works, not a product that doesn't work and we have to fix.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    People relax and wait ! 1.6 is not an emergency. test all the zones in game, do all quests, all achievements etc... and after that january will arrive and 1.6 too
    Megaserver US - since 2014
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'd force forward 1.6 to next week so we can get it on live few days before Xmas so we can all play happily ever after
  • Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    Prothwata wrote: »
    Naw, Take your time ZOS and give us a quality product that works, not a product that doesn't work and we have to fix.

Wait, a quality product without testing? Please rephrase this statement or add something more cause from the way I am reading it is like this: "ZOS the best way to release a product is to have less time testing it"....
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it should release during christmas break because tons of people will have tons of time to try it.

Thats all that needs to be said.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with OP. If @SOS has a working version of 1.6, it should be released to the PTS for the holidays, even if many things are subject to change and if it contains tons of bugs that are already known.
    Wololo.
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want it before Christmas too, my PTS client is useless since October lol.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, things around here need all the testing they can get..:)
  • Hektlk
    Hektlk
    ✭✭✭
    They really missed the boat with this one. A lot of their dedicated fan base is going to be sitting through the Christmas season with little new content to enjoy. Pushing 1.6 to PTS, no matter how half baked, and giving us a solid few weeks to find bugs and issues, would have been a better choice.
    Potato Syndicate, IR, Havoc
    Ebonheart Pact, North America

Hektík - VR14 Imperial Templar
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I enjoy my holidays from 20.12.2014 to 04.01.2015. l believe that ZOS'll do that too.

So: 1.6 in January is absolutely okay ;)
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    They will wait till after the current renewal cycle to hope for the spate of renewals that "might" come when they do release it. So, January. I have already decided no more money from me. Sub expires in 20ish days or so. I don't see something before then that changes my mind drastically I might see them again in 2016.
  • EsORising
    EsORising
    ✭✭✭
    Prothwata wrote: »

Isn't that the whole point of a BETA? Releasing it ahead of time so people can test it and report what doesnt work so ZoS can fix it?
    Edited by EsORising on December 18, 2014 12:53AM
  • AaronMB
    AaronMB
    ✭✭✭
    If we have to tell them this (and it actually made a difference).....
    Edited by AaronMB on December 18, 2014 1:26AM
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think ZOS relies on our PTS feedback very much. PTS is more of an illusion to keep us thinking that they value our feedback before they go live.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.because most people would probably cancel their subs by January 10.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)