Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was there any talk about PvP or was it just talk about crafting materials and stupid pve crap as usual?
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are the various aspect runes meant to do anything??, because I get the same strength of enchantment from a Ta as from a Kuta.

It would be nice if there was a slight increase for each of the aspect runes, because at the minute all they do is give you more XP.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    will you be implementing a system similar to Rift's mentor system, that would allow you to lower your level to a particular zone?
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • Skullemainia
    Skullemainia
    ✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    1. When are Shields going to be dyable?
    2. Also can we have metallic style dyes for our weapons, some of the colours we get are off-putting, and we would like to dye them colours we can live with?
    3. When can we craft jewellery?
    4. Will we ever get a barbershop, so we can change hairstyles and maybe tatoos and scars.

you don't see jewelry on your character, so why would you want to have jewelry dying??? ;) lol

Is English your first Language?

He asks about dying Shields and Weapons, then asks about crafting Jewelry.

haha, now, english isn't my first language, and sorry for the misunderstanding, I read it wrong (my English isn't so bad ;)) and my first Language is Flemish, so let me say it in my dialect (west-vloams); kank ik wok ne ke mis lezn eje, ti nie omdak gin frans kanne klappen dak gin Engels kan klapppen eje

bet you don't understand this one ;) haha lol
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    1. When are Shields going to be dyable?
    2. Also can we have metallic style dyes for our weapons, some of the colours we get are off-putting, and we would like to dye them colours we can live with?
    3. When can we craft jewellery?
    4. Will we ever get a barbershop, so we can change hairstyles and maybe tatoos and scars.

you don't see jewelry on your character, so why would you want to have jewelry dying??? ;) lol

Is English your first Language?

He asks about dying Shields and Weapons, then asks about crafting Jewelry.

haha, now, english isn't my first language, and sorry for the misunderstanding, I read it wrong (my English isn't so bad ;)) and my first Language is Flemish, so let me say it in my dialect (west-vloams); kank ik wok ne ke mis lezn eje, ti nie omdak gin frans kanne klappen dak gin Engels kan klapppen eje

bet you don't understand this one ;) haha lol

According to google translate either "kank I wok ne ke wrong lezn eje, ti nie omdak gin french jug clap roof gin English can klapppen eje" or "never work kank ik wok ne ke mis lezn eje, ti omdak gin gin frans pot dak Angel kan klapppen eje"
    (you have just got to love google translate, it turns something you can't read into something nobody can read)

So no I haven't got a clue!
    Edited by AlexDougherty on December 6, 2014 12:43PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are the fps, latency and lag issues not fixed yet?
  • The_Man_From_Stygia
    Though I know there have been issues surrounding the weapon swap, but has there ever been any consideration of adding a 3rd slot to cycle to? This would come in handy for those that use different melee/staff/bows
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dyeable shields? I get my Armor looking the way I like then I have a shield that doesn't match messing it up, will this obvious oversight ever be fixed?

Jewelry crafting? Specificly: set piece jewelry crafting would allow some intersting combinations of crafted gear.

Transmorg. Will we ever be able to use models we find more aestheticly pleasing than the current material level. Take Bosmer (because it's one of the few armors w/o tassets at low level) as an example, from level 20 on the model doesn't change at all except for base color. I'd love to craft higher level armor in the lower level style. Anything to get rid of the emormous unattached tassets (that don't belong on medium armor and are totaly out of place on light) floating in midair several inches away from my character's hips.

Vampires. According to in-game lore, ESO vampires are not weakened by sunlight (true) and are more powerful at night (not true) will in-game reality be made to reflect in-game lore?

Day and Night. Will the day/night schedule ever be normalized to equal length? Days are currently much longer than nights, it must be summertime. Will there be a season where nights are longer?

Dodge Chance. According to @ZOS_GaryA‌ in another thread, dodge chance from different sources is supposed to stack, testing (detailed in linked thread) reveals that this is not the case, it also reveals that the actual chance is not what is stated in the tooltip.. Will this be fixed, would someone please add it to the "known issues" thread? 15%-20% is low enough to have been more appropriately used as a passive, it should at least stack with other sources of dodge chance.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/140557/dodge-chance-set-bonus-vs-shuffle-do-they-stack#latest

Justice system and griefing. What steps are going to be taken to prevent griefing when the PvP aspects of the Justice system go live? What's to stop high level players from camping low level zones and easily detecting and slaughtering lower level players? What's to stop 'enforcers' from camping bandit dens for the same reason? Will the bad guys be able to target the player enforcers? Will this encur a bounty? Enforcers are not actually guards, fighting back against them should be the same as fighting a bounty hunter: self defense; whereas fighting a guard should be resisting arrest and a further infraction.

Alchemy and Provisioning. We curently can get to vet level 14, why do recipes and solvents stop at VR5?
    Edited by phreatophile on December 6, 2014 5:51PM
  • Hybris6
    Hybris6
    ✭✭✭
    Will you ever make reflective scales toggle like magelight and make it reflect all incoming damage?
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are the various aspect runes meant to do anything??, because I get the same strength of enchantment from a Ta as from a Kuta.

It would be nice if there was a slight increase for each of the aspect runes, because at the minute all they do is give you more XP.

Can you give an example where this is occurring because for me I do see an increase with every aspect rune. I admit that having a white glyph is FAR better than no glyph while having a gold glyph is only a little better than a white one but the difference is there.

ex.
    Monumental Glyph of Magicka
    TA (white) 86 Magicka
    Jejota (green) 88 Magicka
    Denata (blue) 91 Magicka
    Rekuta (purple) 94 Magicka
    Kuta (gold) 97 Magicka

If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the boost a Kuta gives varies based on the type of glyph you're creating.

For example, compare the white and gold versions of these VR10-14 glyphs:

Armor glyph of magicka: white = 86, gold = 97
    Jewelry glyph of decrease physical harm: white = 143 , gold = 630
    Weapon glyph of foulness: white = 40, gold = 53

As a general rule unless I've a lot of Kuta, I only use the for jewelry and weapon glyphs. Note: I always have a ton of Kuta :p
  • Palindrome
    Palindrome
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Since you always seem to have problems looking at the correct camera can you try disabling your add ons this time to see if that helps?

lol awesome
  • nukeemstudiosub17_ESO
    Are you actually taking things seriously as Devs?? Myself and 90% of the ESO community would like to know.

Will you actually fix the current problems? Or will you just release more CRAP?

Lag in cyrodill has been worse than ever.

But hey check out those new facial animations!!!!! Top notch!!!

We cant have a fair battle in PvP, but hey those new lighting effects are fantastic!!!

Who are you listening to when you make changes??

You ban gold spammers which honestly is the last thing i care about when the exploiters and cheaters lag the server.

EP basically won the last campaign with lag. But I'm happy you got rid of gold spammers let me tell ya!!!

You let a group of AD that are now EP and AD go back and forth between factions in the SAME campaign with no action taken against them.

These also are the people who are responsible for rallying all of EP together for an intentional lag ball zerg.

Not to mention the obvious exploitation of the low pop bonus.

Makes a lot of us wonder if you even care!!

• Klashnikov
    Will Lions and Senche Tigers be released as pets :)

And will combat pets be implemented?

• Lopyturiac
    A. It would be nice to push again customization for clothes:

1. be able to test and see in some clothes store any kind of style, even if do not have the level or the style
    2. be able to have two set of clothes, one armor for combat and another one more fashion for cities

B. Add a speaking system (such as teamspeak) without connexion

1. one would create a group and the speak ssytem would follow itself
    2. when you approach a group of people your be able to hear them and to participate to the conversation... real life!

C. More craft

1. Tame animals to ride them instead of horses, add levels of taming
    2. Add physical training to change the shape of your body, or if you each to much potatoes you get fatter
    3. Add athletic skills to learn how to jump, crawl, swim...
    4. Add social skills...
  • stumpy999
    stumpy999
    ✭✭✭
    Question, why is "maintenance" taking place outside of downtime? It would suggest that it is not maintenance but some sort of panic response that means all folk lose service.

What is going on?
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    stumpy999 wrote: »
    Question, why is "maintenance" taking place outside of downtime? It would suggest that it is not maintenance but some sort of panic response that means all folk lose service.

What is going on?

It was a freak thing that was causing people not to be able to log in at all. They reset it to fix the problem. It happens.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can you give an example where this is occurring because for me I do see an increase with every aspect rune. I admit that having a white glyph is FAR better than no glyph while having a gold glyph is only a little better than a white one but the difference is there.

ex.
    Monumental Glyph of Magicka
    TA (white) 86 Magicka
    Jejota (green) 88 Magicka
    Denata (blue) 91 Magicka
    Rekuta (purple) 94 Magicka
    Kuta (gold) 97 Magicka

Ok, maybe it's just my memory playing up on me, thanks.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Dyeable shields?

Vampires. According to in-game lore, ESO vampires are not weakened by sunlight (true) and are more powerful at night (not true) will in-game reality be made to reflect in-game lore?

My Midnight drain is more powerful at night.

Mind you one morph of one power and the other morph is probably better over all.
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Are we going to see more of Black Marsh? I would love to explore more of the Argonian homeland. We already have two zones from Skyrim, so why don't the lizard people get a little love?
    Argonians always and forever.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we be able to craft skooma for profit, perhaps by filling a black market crafting writ?
    Edited by tinythinker on December 8, 2014 5:55AM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    My question is in regard to the justice system.

Will there be any badass, powerful NPCs that are likely to curbstomp you if you try to steal from or kill them. I would like to see some "Champion Level" NPCs that present significant challenge to kill or steal from.

Guards are unkillable. They can kill you but you can only flee from them.
    That is good, but I am more talking about a Champion Level NPC that would be really difficult to kill. I'd like to see some "Elite"/"Champion" NPCs dropping ultimates, using dark cloak/bolt esca-e to escape, and basically making themselves more than just fodder to be murdered.

V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will there be any badass, powerful NPCs that are likely to curbstomp you if you try to steal from or kill them. I would like to see some "Champion Level" NPCs that present significant challenge to kill or steal from.

That is good, but I am more talking about a Champion Level NPC that would be really difficult to kill. I'd like to see some "Elite"/"Champion" NPCs dropping ultimates, using dark cloak/bolt esca-e to escape, and basically making themselves more than just fodder to be murdered.
    I'm pretty sure guards will be killable, they just get a boss health bar and there will probably be an infinite number of them.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

I'm pretty sure guards will be killable, they just get a boss health bar and there will probably be an infinite number of them.

Nope, guards are unkillable.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's coming up to a month aniversary of actually acknowledging on the forum that Cyrodill is indeed unplayable.
    Is there any update, or have you given up on Cyrodill and looking at other options for PVP?
  • DracoMars
    DracoMars
    Never before has there been a game with so much Roleplaying potential with so little roleplaying support. 'Hardcore' RP'ers may find eachother on third-party websites, but is there any plan to support the casual RP'er who wants to mix gameplay with a bit of storytelling?
  • Adambomb1200
    1.Is Nightingale Armor and Weapons going to be added to the game and if so is it going to be part of the Thieves Guild Storyline or maybe Craftable at a Crafting Station because it is my favorite outfit ever created in Elder Scrolls and I think alot more players would love to see it implemented into ESO to display all its beauty?
    Edited by Adambomb1200 on January 2, 2015 3:37PM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »
    Audigy wrote: »
    [...]
    2. Any chance that you add mantle support for ESO?
    [...]

They already tried to implement mantles, I.e. they created some models, but they had to realize that mantles of sufficent graphical quality take up far too much prossecing power, (they managed to have a total of two mantles on-screen at once). They'd love to do it but it's currently not technically possible.

Staed by one of the devs at the guild summit.

Can you provide the time-stamp for this please?
    :trollin:
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    BBSooner wrote: »
    Sindala wrote: »
    Are Skyshards being removed when the Champ system is introduced since they are sort of gonna not work with each other?

How would they not work with each other? Skill points from skyshards are for skill lines, champion points are for the constellations.

This^^, no need to remove skyshards, they just work independently, no conflict of interests there.

I don't know, something just tells me the old Skyshard system wont work correctly with their new Champion system. Just a gut feeling.

Again....it could be easily cleared up if they would just tell us ANYTHING about how the new system is actually going to work and not just leave it upto the players to guess and speculate ;)
    They are two completely independent systems.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on December 8, 2014 3:13PM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    jenny9494 wrote: »
    1. When are you guys going to make it so that when your PVPing and you use Ultimates that each standard or Negate Etc. will be the same color as the realm dropping the ultimate. Its very hard to determine which belongs to who. I think AD should have a yellow glow, DC a Blue glow and EP a red glow to there Ultimates when they hit the ground.

Silly idea. Do you need also clock alike alarm anytime enemy enter 100m radiius around you? Learn to observe battlefield and you will not need *** colors to tell you if its friendly or enemy ultimate.
    That's not always easy to do. I don't think they need to be color coded by alliance but the red and orange are not always that distinguishable. Especially when there are a lot of particle effects going off.
This discussion has been closed.