The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Action Bar Mod. R.I.P Alphatools... Now what?

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I just use the game UI for seeing what research items I need. I think people get too much hand holding with these addons. Thats why they are so upset when an author removes one they like. You do not need an addon to see what you need for research. Go to any crafting station take 2 seconds and look.
    You're a better man than I, Gunga Dhin, if it's that easy for you to check needed traits. I found it a lot trickier to figure out what traits I needed without spending considerable time and sometimes deconning traits I needed. Couple add-ons did make the process faster and more reliable. Point is, not everyone shares your POV and/or experience, and that doesn't make us wrong for using add-ons.

I never said anyone was wrong for using addons. Im just saying there are other options. I personally use a pen and paper. Write down what I need then as a decon make sure what I destroy isnt on the list.
  • Jagath
    Jagath
    ✭✭✭
    alpha tools was alright....wykkids is better support and update. As far as making an addon for everyone and then saying its only for a select few....yeah your a ***.

While I wish the add-on was still available, its the developers choice what to do with his code. Just because he let others use it in the past he is under no obligation to continue to do so.

The real problem is the lack of support from ZoS for their own UI. If ZoS isn't going to make improvements and just rely on add on developers they should at least give the more popular add-on devs free game time to encourage them to continue to support it.

I know personally if some devs like @WykkydGaming‌, @Garkin‌, @Atropos‌ ever stopped supporting their add ons I'm not sure if I would continue to play. So thank you to all the add-on devs that put so much time into their work that we all benefit from.
    Edited by Jagath on December 5, 2014 6:17PM
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I just use the game UI for seeing what research items I need. I think people get too much hand holding with these addons. Thats why they are so upset when an author removes one they like. You do not need an addon to see what you need for research. Go to any crafting station take 2 seconds and look.
    You're a better man than I, Gunga Dhin, if it's that easy for you to check needed traits. I found it a lot trickier to figure out what traits I needed without spending considerable time and sometimes deconning traits I needed. Couple add-ons did make the process faster and more reliable. Point is, not everyone shares your POV and/or experience, and that doesn't make us wrong for using add-ons.

I never said anyone was wrong for using addons. Im just saying there are other options. I personally use a pen and paper. Write down what I need then as a decon make sure what I destroy isnt on the list.

I use both. I was using paper and pen for quite a while before I used an add-on. I still keep track on paper but it's easier to cross check the data now. It's probably simpler to keep track when you have a single character, when you have a number of alts on both servers, the right add-on can be a godsend.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread