Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Road Ahead - December 4

• Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghenra wrote: »
    Lettigall wrote: »
    STOP IGNORING PvP!!!
    angry-mob.jpg
    WE AREN'T SECOND CLASS CITIZENS!!!

+10000000000000000000000000000000

PVP = Players vs Phorums!

• Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this update on console!

Can't wait to play on Xbox One :smile:
  • jamesb14_ESO37
    jamesb14_ESO37
    Soul Shriven
    You say "We’ve also added voice chat" in your update about the console release, what are the plans to implement it in the PC version so we can do away with the need for Teamspeak?
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Will veteranranks be completely gone after this update?

i second this question
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    looks like it will be a semi happy new year lol
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i second this question

Yeah, it was not clear whether this longer cycle was going to mean that they are done with Champion System in Update 6.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Goresnort
    Goresnort
    ✭✭✭

i second this question

Yeah, it was not clear whether this longer cycle was going to mean that they are done with Champion System in Update 6.

Update 6 contains phase 3 of the champ system implementation.

Phase 3 = ' ability to spend points in Champion Passives and many ability changes that complement the system'

Removal of vet ranks does not happen until phase 4 in a later update.
  • Neryaz
    Neryaz
    ✭✭
    Good thing.. but fix the issuses in Cyrodill. there are still alot of fixes that needs to be adressed in there.
    DK VR 16 Phixus Azura/Trueflame

Templar VR 16 Trygor Azura/Trueflame.
  • El Amanecer
    El Amanecer
    Soul Shriven
    With pvp next fiasco. From not what release of changes. Melancholy. In vain I renewed a subscription. Chuvstuvy that to developers pvp players are deeply indifferent.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    All good and well...but what content are we getting now for December? Nada?
    There will be another incremental patch before the year is over.
    No, there will still be Veteran Ranks in Update 6.
    Will the provision update still be in 1.6 I did not see it mentioned in the road ahead.
    Yes, that's the plan. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All good and well...but what content are we getting now for December? Nada?
    There will be another incremental patch before the year is over.
    No, there will still be Veteran Ranks in Update 6.
    Will the provision update still be in 1.6 I did not see it mentioned in the road ahead.
    Yes, that's the plan. :)
    So what got from this is that we are getting

Stage 1: Justice System
    Stage 3: Champion System
    Provisioning Revamp
    New Pvp Skills
    New Combat Animations

This is what I have understand and this is great but I would like to clarify with something. Are we getting the class skills revamp with update 6 because if I remember on a eso live that Class skills are getting revamp in update 6 along with the new pvp skills. They stated that update 5 dealt with weapon skills and that they were improving class skills in the next update.

I like the ideal of the Justice System and Champion System is great but I think the class skills should be either fix along side the Champion System or before the Champion system.

I just wonder are they getting fixed as well because I would be more happy with this update with better skills. Not mad at what we get but just wondering if this got push back like imperial city.
  • eric22santiago_ESO
    So. If the UI for consoles is completely independent of the PC version does this mean we will begin to see updates for the PC UI to make it a little more keyboard/mouse friendly? I'm thinking things like ditching that horrendous Q-wheel and implementing hotkeys. Or movable window panes, a normal MMO inventory, etc.

Other than that, great job ZOS. I absolutely love the fact that you listen to the community and implement drastic changes to the game. A lot of the hate is unfounded [snip]

I agree with the 'Q-wheel'!! Terrible design for the PC!

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 5:59PM
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

As I can see for
    Warrior that uses health

The Steed
    The Lord
    The Lady
    Mage that uses Magicka

The Ritual
    The Attronach
    The Apprentice

Thief that uses Stamina
    The Tower
    The Lover
    The Shadow

I see that this follows the book The Firmament which states the main three constellation and their charges.
    Now I think it sad the serpent is by himself but he does not follow a season or is not part of the other three charges.

So this makes sense. Is there going to anything special about the Serpent.
    I also think it is funny that The Lover is under the stamina. So the putting points in the Lover gives you stamina. If you know what I mean. ;)
  • jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing :) This is probably the best team of developers I've seen. You guys are so dedicated to making this game awesome and I really appreciate it. It's great to see so much love going into an MMORPG. The console UI (from what I can see) looks awesome, too.

I've never seen so much dedication to a game's community, either. You guys are awesome :smile:
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    I'm still amazed and impressed by the number of negative comments?
    [snip]

We are having such an amazing Update. 2 of the most expected improvement at once! Justice System and CHampion system! OMG! I'm soo thrilled by this!
    I was waiting for the moment I could bring back my boyfriend to the game and tell him: look, this game has really improved, enjoy it now! And I was not expecting this moment to arrive so soon!

This is really a GREAT news!

[snip]

No sorry, in this update we're having a poor update: third phase of champion system (maybe not the last) and the first phase of justice system without PvP and nothing about the Imperial City, this is another "nothing of nothing" patch.

GG Zeni, but I don't renew the subs until an interesting PvP patch, cya.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:01PM
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see why ZOS waited on the console release.Most games that came out on the console this year are really buggy and a game that is buggy with buggy console release would be disastrous.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghenra wrote: »
    [snip]

We are having such an amazing Update. 2 of the most expected improvement at once! Justice System and CHampion system! OMG! I'm soo thrilled by this!
    I was waiting for the moment I could bring back my boyfriend to the game and tell him: look, this game has really improved, enjoy it now! And I was not expecting this moment to arrive so soon!

[snip]

No sorry, in this update we're having a poor update: third phase of champion system (maybe not the last) and the first phase of justice system without PvP and nothing about the Imperial City, this is another "nothing of nothing" patch.

GG Zeni, but I don't renew the subs until an interesting PvP patch, cya.
    Are you serious? This is arguably the most game-changing patch we've got so far. It brings the most visible part of the Champion system - the constellations - all that's left is phasing out veteran ranks. This alone is huge, even without the wonderfully increased interactivity with the world and a revamp of one of professions.

If you're a PvPer, you may be angry for not getting any updates and it's completely understandable, but saying this patch brings nothing is just plain false.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:03PM
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks nice and all. What it doesn't look like though is a fix for server lag, pvp lag and all the other lag. I would wait even longer than February if that would mean those issues got fixed.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QuadroTony wrote: »
    I'm thinking things like ditching that horrendous Q-wheel and implementing hotkeys. Or movable window panes, a normal MMO inventory, etc.
    all of this already done by addons
    Quick Slot Bar, and others, just FYI
    and its true - just check esoui site

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all sounds great, I love the game as it is and the further changes will improve it even more.

My only concern is over this:-

"the Justice System will include huge updates to the very fundamentals of the game. Townspeople will be considered neutral and be attackable, and many items that you could take freely before will be considered owned and must be stolen. There are fences who’ll buy stolen goods—if you can get past the guards while you have a bounty on your head."

Am I the only one wishing that the Justice System was being left like that, with the addition of the Thieves Guild but without the PvP enforcement that's coming later? Perhaps I am.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any Christmas gifts on the horizon if we are all good? maybe we should get a lump of coal pet ;)

p.s. more pvp answers please <3
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

[snip]

The up and coming additions are cool no question about that. Generally, the game is coming along great. It's just the glaringly impactful issues really should be a focal point as well, PR aside.

It's not a matter of being spoiled. And Santa and Xmas has nothing to do with it nor does stabs at people never being happy. [snip] This is a product, and not a gift and it's perfectly reasonable to discuss it as such for what it is.

If you bought a bluray player for someone for Xmas and everything was awesome except it just stopped playing every 5 minutes - would you say something "negative" about it, perhaps want it repaired and working as it should? If not I'd love for you to be my customer.

[edited for baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:02PM
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • Wolf_Punk
    Wolf_Punk
    Soul Shriven
    Stop saying that we are getting the justice system. The exciting feature of that was the fact that players, that's US!, not just the npcs, could enforce justice and go bounty hunting. But instead, we can now expect this when? Looking at how updates come out, middle of March? They are simply adding in the ability to murder and steal from citizen NPC's. Is there any plan to at least release PvE bounties? For those of us interested in that aspect of the game?!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    It all sounds great, I love the game as it is and the further changes will improve it even more.

My only concern is over this:-

"the Justice System will include huge updates to the very fundamentals of the game. Townspeople will be considered neutral and be attackable, and many items that you could take freely before will be considered owned and must be stolen. There are fences who’ll buy stolen goods—if you can get past the guards while you have a bounty on your head."

Am I the only one wishing that the Justice System was being left like that, with the addition of the Thieves Guild but without the PvP enforcement that's coming later? Perhaps I am.
    Maybe it will be possible to opt-in/opt-out of the PvP aspect even if you're a fugitive? That would solve this issue.
    Wolf_Punk wrote: »
    Stop saying that we are getting the justice system. The exciting feature of that was the fact that players, that's US!, not just the npcs, could enforce justice and go bounty hunting. But instead, we can now expect this when? Looking at how updates come out, middle of March? They are simply adding in the ability to murder and steal from citizen NPC's. Is there any plan to at least release PvE bounties? For those of us interested in that aspect of the game?!
    It is clear from the quote above this that not everyone is looking forward to the PvP aspect. When you say "PvE bounties", do you mean incurring a bounty for stealing and being chased by the guards? That will of course be in this update, otherwise they are adding the ability to murder and steal without any repercussions.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Maybe it will be possible to opt-in/opt-out of the PvP aspect even if you're a fugitive? That would solve this issue.

I very much hope that would be the case, as it would partly solve the issue, but there is still concern about exporting all the trash talk and other aspects of PvP outside of Cyrodil. I personally don't want open world PvP, no matter how it is dressed up.
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I very much hope that would be the case, as it would partly solve the issue, but there is still concern about exporting all the trash talk and other aspects of PvP outside of Cyrodil. I personally don't want open world PvP, no matter how it is dressed up.

There's no trash talk outside of Cyrodiil?
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvyr wrote: »

There's no trash talk outside of Cyrodiil?

I've never seen any on the EU server.I guess it may depend on where you are and which channels you have open, but I haven't come across any.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno,

Will siege stack in our inventory for update 6? This was said to be coming, cannot recall who.

Great show today BTW... really like that you keep it light and fun.

Thank you!
    Edited by Sacadon on December 6, 2014 12:12AM
  • TimeLord75
    Caroloces wrote: »
    This is all wonderful news demonstrating the continual evolution of this great game!
    The questions that stand out for me, however, are these:

Does one necessarily have to be a thief to engage in provisioning? Or, does a thief have the edge over an honest character in creating high level recipes?

It seems to me that if the answer is yes to either of these questions, then the game has a looming imbalance issue, for thieves will gain greater food buffs for other activities in the game over honest characters. The way to address this is to integrate hunting and farming activities for those players who wish to stay "honest", or for those players who would like to wait to become PVP enforcers!

No, you do not have to be a thief to be able to participate in Provisioning. Some containers where you get Provisioning items will be just as they are now when the Justice System is implemented. Some will require stealing to take out their contents. With the Provisioning improvements coming in Update 6, we actually expect Provisioning to become more streamlined and rewarding.

(Italic emphasis mine.)
    So actually, it DOES appear that you'll have to be a thief--at least a little--if you want to advance in Provisioning. Or is this some sort of marketing doublespeak that I'm just unfamiliar with?
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many peeps raging. Bottom line is the game is better leave it at that. Also zos seriously...holiday break for everyone's coming up I need a CPU, WIndows OS, Memory and a case. I will never be able to play trials without having built by two weeks from now! So uh...yah pm me zos