The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

ESO Paradox: Content Delayed Due to Lack of Testing While PTS Is Neglected

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno Help me out here.

The latest Road Ahead specifically cited a lack of testing resources as the reason why the Imperial City is not included in Update 6. However, you are not updating the PTS for another month. If you are going to toss out statements like content being delayed because you can't test it, then why are you waiting another month to update the PTS?

Numerous players like myself will have time off from school or work during the next month. We could use some of that time playing the game and testing content on the PTS. Isn't that the purpose of the PTS - for players to help test the game before it goes live?

Let's overlook the fact that ZOS does not fix bugs reported by players on the PTS. Instead, let's look at the PTS as an opportunity for players to help you help us. The sooner you put content on the PTS, the more it is tested before it is released and the greater the chance it will arrive on the live server on time and in a satisfactory condition.

Yet that is not happening here. So how do you justify the paradox of delaying content because of a lack of testing resources when you refuse to utilize a massive testing resource via the PTS? I just don't understand. Why do you have a PTS if you are not going to utilize it how anybody with common sense would utilize it?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno Help me out here.

The latest Road Ahead specifically cited a lack of testing resources as the reason why the Imperial City is not included in Update 6. However, you are not updating the PTS for another month. If you are going to toss out statements like content being delayed because you can't test it, then why are you waiting another month to update the PTS?

Because we are not testers, they have a lot of work that they need to do before they can put it on PTS, and what we do on PTS is likely to add load to the QA team.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    My opinion is, that the update is not finished yet and they just told us, that lack of testing, to have a "reason"... :smile:
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i will say this, in the stages right up to when they push content to a public enviroment, builds can be made as often as every few hours, or minutes if the test is related to something extremely minor...

its rare that you have Developers that can or will release inital builds when starting a new version update.... Minecraft comes to mind as one that let you test builds of a new version right as they were first released then incrementally released with fixes based on feedback and reports... but even that had a lag time between a major update and the next build that was longer than between individual builds.

Zenimax is a large enough company as to keep most of the major technical stuff in house.. They more or less just use the PTS as a "preview" server so you can get ahead with the changes, and maybe find some things the in-house missed because they like they always do, will just be testing mostly stuff that is new and most likley to be buggy...

thats part of the problem with inhouse testing... its not approached in the same was as a player would... so while its ideal for new content mechanics, anything unexpected that is unrelated will likely go completely unnoticed (taunt bug comes to mind, as does the healing ward issue)

the real problem here is this.... it is also their vacation, and right now the live version is rife with stability issues worse than what i remember experiencing during launch.... (i have never had so many crashes with ESO as i have had since 1.5)

I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holidays imho are the better period to test things... :P