The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best class

fpbiggs
fpbiggs
Soul Shriven
Im just starting to play elder scrolls im wondering what would be the best way to go for a good dual wielding melee build.I always love melee so thats the ideal thing for me so what would be the best way to go about that?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your weapons don't have that much to do with your class. So, if your trying to leverage stats based on the weapons, look at the Racial Bonuses and see of they work with or against your weapon that you want to use. Note, most of the bonuses that give you increased exp with an armor or a weapon can be replicated with a Trait in crafting (Training Trait)

So, probably Redguard or Khajiit is what you want to look at first.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Your weapons don't have that much to do with your class. So, if your trying to leverage stats based on the weapons, look at the Racial Bonuses and see of they work with or against your weapon that you want to use. Note, most of the bonuses that give you increased exp with an armor or a weapon can be replicated with a Trait in crafting (Training Trait)

Well that's not entirely true. Nightblades are a good choice just for the stamina regen, while sorcerers would probably be worst choice.
    :trollin:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that's not entirely true. Nightblades are a good choice just for the stamina regen, while sorcerers would probably be worst choice.

Medium Armor is what gives the most Stamina Regen. The Refreshing Shadows does not give that much regen in comparison. And you can get the same regen or close to it with the Imperial Passives that boost that aspect.

This has nothing to do with the weapons being used.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fpbiggs wrote: »
    Im just starting to play elder scrolls im wondering what would be the best way to go for a good dual wielding melee build.I always love melee so thats the ideal thing for me so what would be the best way to go about that?

Most OP dualweilding assassin builds will go with a khajit or Dunmer (dark elf) nightblade.

Khajit - has carnage ~8% increase to crit chance (AD)
    Dunmer - Increase xp gain with dual wield skills. (EP)
    Redguard - Increase max stamina and Increase stam regen (DC)
    *racial will depend on which faction you want to play
    *dual wield skills use stamina

If you don't care about which faction you are then khajit is the best choice for the inc to crit.

Dual wield abilities synergize well with nightblade "siphon" skills and med armor.

This is a cookie cutter type of build referred to as a "siphon" build.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

while sorcerers would probably be worst choice.
    Critical Surge build is still viable, isn't it?

Nightblades are the most popular choice, dragonknights work well too. I wouldn't take a templar, not because they lack synergy with dual wielding (I don't know anything about it, but they seem to work well enough with two-handed) but rather because this class is better suited for tanking or healing.
    Edited by Rosveen on December 3, 2014 8:41PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

while sorcerers would probably be worst choice.
    Critical Surge build is still viable, isn't it?

Snip
    You could use a sorcerer for the crit surge I suppose but a sorc won't come close to the dmg output of a nightblade unfortunately (I'm a sorc :neutral_face: ).

In addition update 6 is supposed to bring a lot of changes to the alignment of spell crit with spell dmg and weapon crit with weapon damage so crit surge could potentially change.

It's possible that crit surge will increase spell damage in the future patch which would not synergize with the dual wield abilities. Who knows though this is just speculation at this point.

The safe bet is to go nightblade if you want to DW.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]