Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

/leader

Brank
Brank
✭✭✭
i've done a quick forum search and don't think anyone has posted about this, so correct me if i'm wrong.
I wonder if there would be use for a group leader chat. Similar to group chat, except it would be a private channel for all leaders of large groups (5+ members) to communicate via text.

ie. You are the leader of a group in Cryodiil. Once you have other 4 members (5 total, including yourself), and become a large group, you will automatically join the zone leader chat channel and start recieving any comm traffic in the channel.
You can then communicate with the other large group leaders by entering the channel, as any other in the game. /leader for example.

I think this would have a plethora of obvious benefits, as well as possible drawbacks. Though a utility such as this may seem small, it could greatly alter the game experience as we know it.
Discuss? :)
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cool idea, but in all honesty if your group isn't on teamspeak, your group won't be very successful in cyrodiil. Not sure how you could type in 2 different channels while an organised group bombs you from stealth, you'd be dead before you could type 'inc'.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool idea, but in all honesty if your group isn't on teamspeak, your group won't be very successful in cyrodiil. Not sure how you could type in 2 different channels while an organised group bombs you from stealth, you'd be dead before you could type 'inc'.

His suggestion seems to be to provide a communication channel between other guild leaders, not to communicate within a group.

Good idea.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aren't all solo players the leaders of their own 1 person group? I thought that ESO was considering it this way. I'm not sure how that channel could be only accessible to 5+ players groups.
    Edited by Gyudan on November 26, 2014 1:16AM
    Wololo.
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would probably lag server out, Zeni has a habit of doing this.
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ohhh I think I understand now. Yeah there needs to be a method of communicating to other group leaders without sending tells or all being in the same guild.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on November 26, 2014 6:38AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Brank
    Brank
    ✭✭✭
    Ohhh I think I understand now. Yeah there needs to be a method of communicating to other group leaders without sending tells or all being in the same guild.

Exactly. This allows a group leader to be on team speak with his group for immediate communication and simply provide a channel for leaders to discuss strategies while avoiding zone chat (until a proper plan is formed).

The reason I suggest large groups only is so that not "just anyone" can be privy to the leader channel. Also, I suggest the function only exist in cyrodiil.
  • Bipolo
    Bipolo
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please!

I would actually recommend looking to Planetside 2 on how this works.
    (Bold = ESO translation, lol)
    /s /ss /sq /squadsay
    Sends a text message to your squad. Group
    /p /ps /platoonsay
    Sends a text message to your platoon. Raid
    /o /os /outfitsay
    Sends a text message to your outfit. Guild
    /say
    Sends a text message to the local area around you.
    /re /regionsay Zone
    Sends a text message to all allies in your current region. Your current region is noted on the left side of the main screen above the map.
    /y /yell
    Sends a text message to all players in your current region. Enemies will see this message.
    /t /tell <playername> Whisper
    Sends a direct message to another player. You can see enemy tells.
    /r /reply
    Replies directly to a player that has sent you a tell.
    /l /c /leader
    Send a message to other leaders (CR Cert and need to be squad leader)
    /orders
    Send a message to everyone in your empire on the current continent. (CR Cert and need to be squad leader)

Command channel there can be unpleasant when things are going bad (most of us have seen our own zonechat at bad times, lol). However it is also the tool that can get a whole faction on its feet again and fight its way out thanks to the coordination it enables the Group(Squad)/Raid(Platoon) leaders.
    Edited by Bipolo on December 3, 2014 10:23AM
    Skeggǫld, Skálmǫld, Skildir ro Klofnir
    "Nords who prove themselves in battle awaken in the realm after death. Pain and illness vanish within the Hall of Valor.
    Revelry is never-ending, mead flows freely, and the greatest Nords of all time compete in tests of strength and prowess. (...)
    Through all the suffering and adversity in this world, true Nord warriors endure, for Sovngarde awaits."

- The Road to Sovngarde
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like the idea but I'd put the minimum group member requirement at 12 instead of 4 otherwise you would have like 30-40 people in the chat room. But that depends on whay you want of course. There should also be an option to leave the chat if you do not want to participate.