Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon Dwellers Presents Dungeon Guides

yodased
yodased
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

Just a little update on what we are up to. Since there are no real updated dungeon guides, I have taken it upon my self to create a database of dungeons, their strategies and everything needed to clear it.

These are a TON TON TON of work, so if you guys think its a stupid idea, please let me know so I don't waste my time.

The website is our guild website:

http://www.dungeondwellersguild.com and this is the basic layout and design of how a guide will work:

http://www.dungeondwellersguild.com/elder-scrolls-online/veteran-dungeons/wayrest-sewers-veteran/

We have video of every dungeon already from my twitch stream and I will be coding a few hours every night creating these things.

Please give me feedback guys, let me know what you think, what you would like to see and generally if I'm wasting my time.

Thanks!

Yoda, Guildmaster Dungeon Dwellers Guild.
Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • BeardLumber
    BeardLumber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a fantastic idea.

Since I don't run dungeons very often I generally have to ask for other party members to give me a quick run down. But if there is a place I can go before hand and watch a dungeon play through while I quest or gather matts I wont have to waste time and ask how a boss fight works in game.
    Heals Please
    PC Master Race
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I for one would use your guides, I think is a great effort, but a lot of work on your part :)

I would go for it mate, don't forget that a lot of people who use the forums are seasoned players who probably wouldn't need them, so the number of answers you get on here probably won't reflect the potential demand for them.

I certainly think is a good idea and I hope that you manage to get all the guides up and running. I don't usually go STRAIGHT to a guide, preferring to try and figure things out with a group first, but inevitably there will come a point in a dungeon where we wipe all the time or we finally get through it but aren't sure how we did it, and that is the point I would welcome a resource such as yours.

Good luck with it, and I hope you will continue to post as you get the guides up.
  • Hciliata
    Hciliata
    ✭✭
    I'd definitely use it, I hope you'll do it.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crypt of hearts has been updated to 2nd boss.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crypt has been updated for the third boss
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crypt 4th boss up
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    These are great, @yodased. Thanks for all the hard work you and the Dungeon Dwellers put into them! Would you consider tweeting them to us at TESOnline when they go up?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom sure lol I will be posting them here as well
  • Baedrik
    Baedrik
    Soul Shriven
    This is a great idea. Your work will be much appreciated!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good stuff
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traffic's kinda low on these boards, so please don't let the lack of response discourage you, I am sure those will be very well received and appreciated by the community as a whole.

Keep it up and thanks a bunch!
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice effort. And yes, this sub-forum in particular is a little slow but showing up on the Dev Tracker will help a bit.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crypt of hearts 5th boss is up
  • Gregroro
    Gregroro
    ✭✭
    Great work, keep it up. Is your contact section on your site down on purpose? I want to join.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice should have seen this yesterday as we did not manage the second boss.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We are continuing to flesh out these guides. They are a work in progress, but also a labor of love. We are trying to get at least skeleton drafts up so that we can give something to people who are struggling.

And best of luck @zaria! Hope you have a better time on your next attempt.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crypt last boss write up from a new perspective.. ^^ That guy @shunravi http://www.dungeondwellersguild.com/elder-scrolls-online/veteran-dungeons/crypt-of-hearts-veteran/

I'm working on the images today at lunch :)
    Edited by yodased on December 2, 2014 4:10PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Crypt last boss write up from a new perspective.. ^^ That guy @shunravi http://www.dungeondwellersguild.com/elder-scrolls-online/veteran-dungeons/crypt-of-hearts-veteran/

I'm working on the images today at lunch :)
    Really good stuff! my lowly advice-slow down the animations a few milliseconds.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aye, certainly. That's another of those wip things, but as they are they serve as a rough description of what you should be looking out for. At the very least they help clarify what is stated in the text. Though... that one about the Ilambris Amalgam artistically shows how we felt when we first reached the enrage; lots of stuff everywhere and frantically dealing with it.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Aye, certainly. That's another of those wip things, but as they are they serve as a rough description of what you should be looking out for. At the very least they help clarify what is stated in the text. Though... that one about the Ilambris Amalgam artistically shows how we felt when we first reached the enrage; lots of stuff everywhere and frantically dealing with it.
    I loved the "theme" of the animations, very funny. And yea I know the fight well and I think you've really captured the experience there :agree:
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    @OP - yes please. More :) It's nice to have the intro going in and you do them well.
    -
    Being a purely pvp player bringing up a Templar, I would make great use of these guides.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys! Don't think I forgot about this! Banished Cells was the pledge today so I thought, lets get this going.

1st boss is up

http://www.dungeondwellersguild.com/elder-scrolls-online/veteran-dungeons/banished-cells-veteran/
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    new pic coming
    Edited by yodased on December 17, 2014 3:59AM
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Are you still working on this? I was going over your site today, AWESOME BTW, and noticed that Spindleclutch Vet was not done yet. Just wondering if this was still on going.
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the ashes... this thread has risen….

If this stuff isn't still viable, check Deltia out. He's got some stuff on his site you could probably use.

Don't know where he found the time, but give him a gratz if ya see him. Baby on the way...
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's viable. We just haven't updated in a while.
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice… good to know.

I hadn't looked anything up since pre-crag, until yesterday I just wanted a hint on the new arena, end boss level 6 was giving me the red ass.

• lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a fantastic idea, and I love the formatting.

Some things I'd love to see in a pass with further polish are things related to different types of dungeon runs. Running the dungeon for the quest can be a bit different than running for pledge, or farming. Some things that could be called out are bosses required to progress through the dungeon, quest POIs, and an indicator of if a boss is optional or a pledge objective, helm drops or sets available from bosses.

First impressions, this is awesome.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on November 4, 2015 6:00PM
  • BucFanJKE
    BucFanJKE
    ✭✭✭
    I dig it. Very useful information.