The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

IS my computer good enough?

fpbiggs
fpbiggs
Soul Shriven
the dual core is a 3.0 ghz and my graphics card does have direct X 11. i just bought this game because i had the money and right when i try to play i cant even get past the first loading screen after i sign in . can someone help me? and my resolution at the moment is 1600x900 help me please?!
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @fpbiggs,

It doesn't look like your computer has a video card installed, and is using the default motherboard connection for a display adapter. Sadly, this does not meet the minimum requirements to run ESO, which are:

MINIMUM:
    Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Graphics: DirectX 9.0 compliant video card with 512MB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 / ATI Radeon™ 2600 or better)
    DirectX: Version 9.0
    Hard Drive: 80 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

From your screenshot, it appears the integrated card only has 32MB of dedicated video memory, which falls short of the 512MB requirement.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • fpbiggs
    fpbiggs
    Soul Shriven
    oh okay thanks i just orderd 384Bit GeForce GTX650 DDR3 2GB PCI Express3.0 x 16 HDMI Graphics Card That would be good enough correct?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep! That looks like a 2gig card (2048MB), which exceeds the 512MB requirement.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @fpbiggs: your GTX 650 appears to be slightly above the minimum requirements (GT 8800).
    The game will be playable but don't expect fancy graphic settings.

[more info]

I used to play on a laptop with integrated graphic card, using minimal settings everywhere and it wasn't particularly nice. Switching to a new desktop was really worth the effort in my case.

Welcome to Tamriel. :)

edit: example of the beautiful environments that you will come across
    Marbruk.jpg
    [more]
    Edited by Gyudan on December 1, 2014 1:49PM
    Wololo.
  • fpbiggs
    fpbiggs
    Soul Shriven
    thanks @Gyudan i know im planing to this upcoming summer and yeah is there any other better DDR3 graphics card i should be looking at in the mean time? and thanks @ZOS_GaryA
    Edited by fpbiggs on December 1, 2014 8:46PM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fpbiggs wrote: »
    thanks @Gyudan i know im planing to this upcoming summer and yeah is there any other better DDR3 graphics card i should be looking at in the mean time? and thanks @ZOS_GaryA

I'm not extremely knowledgeable on hardware but I can help a bit.

If you plan to rebuild your entire computer later and just need something relatively cheap and able to handle ESO, I think you have selected the right card. ;)
    Make sure that it's compatible with your motherboard though.
    In my opinion the rest of your current computer wouldn't be able to handle the game at high settings, so getting an expensive one would be kind of wasted.

Wololo.
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to build your own system I can Post a basic template.

You dont have to spend a ton of cash if you make some smart choices.

If you already have a keyboard and monitor you like all the better.

*** These pieces must match technology wise ***
    Mother Board
    CPU
    Dram (min 8 gb IMO)

Video Card (gpu)

These pieces are more to taste

Case
    Power supply (at least 650 watts)
    Mass storage (ssd for boot hard drive for bulk files/big games)
    Optical Drive (optional but having blueray or dvd drive is nice)
    Sound Card (Optional but nice to have)

Case Fans (optional but helpful)

Monitor / Keyboard / Mouse

Operating System : If you order with hardware you can get an OEM version of Windows cheap -- it will be locked to that system though and not able to be used if you build a new one later.

Linux is free but a pain to get games working (unless you know linux)

See my sig for a basic (well with a lot of extra bells and whistles) AMD system.

Going AMD for the CPU is much less expensive then Intel.

Do you have a budget? If so I bet ppl here can help you out. Or go to HardOCP.Com a pretty nifty HARDware Over Clocking Performence web site with a lot of news and forums that can be very helpful for people who are noobs to experts.

The bottom line is it comes to BUDGET in terms of time and cash.

** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **