Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS Official Response Needed: Remove Sorcs, Templars, Nightblades and DKs

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    Of course then the RP'ers would go full spaz, it wouldn't be lore friendly
    Are you kidding? Past elder scrolls games let you have access to all skill trees. It's what made elder scrolls, elder scrolls. It's technically eso's class system that's not 'lore friendly'.

POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I have said before, all that's needed is to buff the other classes skills put them on par with DK and problem solved.

I don't like nerfs, just buff the other classes, that's what I want to see.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only place im going with this is where the community wants it. Just a few min ago another Nerf thread has rose from the depths of the QQ factory.

The forum seems to be full of PvP'ers which by and large are the more vocal forum users. I wouldn't say that's the community as a whole. Whats more, with an MMO your always going to get 'nerf this' threads. Always!
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Are you kidding? Past elder scrolls games let you have access to all skill trees. It's what made elder scrolls, elder scrolls. It's technically eso's class system that's not 'lore friendly'.

I'm not sold on that Teargrants, well I am and I'm not. Early on, many a thread here was started about classes not being the stereotypical classes they were before in previous ES titles.

Sure, In ESO anyone can wear light, or medium or heavy. Anyone can use any weapon so on and so forth and really aren't penalized in doing so.

The problem is, some ESO players have only got Skyrim to go on to make a comparison, It's like comparing apples and kiwi fruit. Others may have played Oblivion, perhaps moved on the Skyrim and then ESO. Others still have been playing ES games since the very beginning.

If I could have any system in place myself, personally I loved the way Morrowind worked, to me it's my favorite system to date. Oblivion was okay too, Skyrim I didn't like as much, I struggled a little with the concept early on, but then I'm slow on the uptake of new things, and Skyrim was a departure on many things.

ESO is different again, but aren't most things different with ESO compared to the other ES titles because it's an MMO?

Aren't MMO's supposed to be rock, paper, scissors?

Yeah, I know it's currently Rock, Paper, Scissors, Superman.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a streak that leaves a fire trail 4 meters wide insta killing all for my DK. Kk thx
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree 100% Just let us walk around punching eachother.

I am reminded of some good times w/Salvage...

/memorylane
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to remove classes. Soon (TM), everyone in Cyrodiil will be DK. With a bow. And spell crafted Bolt Escape.

Warning: This post contains irony, sarcasm
    and a good helping of mourning
    Edited by Keron on December 1, 2014 9:08AM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Roselle wrote: »
    Agree 100% Just let us walk around punching eachother.

I am reminded of some good times w/Salvage...

/memorylane

oh FFXI I miss you...
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • murtugo
    murtugo
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with @kijima 's opinion.

In addition I think removing the classes will only lead to one perfect build which will be duplicated and abused by everyone. In effect it will eliminate the uniqueness of each character which made this game very enjoyable.

In my opinion, what will add more diversity and spice to the game is to allow the players to choose a second class after reaching a certain level. Maybe ZOS can add this as an expansion to the game... I mean just imagine what a Dragon templar, shadow sorc or Night templar can do...

o:)
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just remove it all folks ... Or nerf the game to the end of time and allow no fun for anyone! sounds like the best plan at this point will a thread for nerfing every skill on the 1st page of the alliance war section and combat skills requesting buffs/fixes on other :neutral_face:
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    MMOs should not be rock-paper-scissors unless everyone has all those in hand.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    'Lore' is something that is bent in whatever shape is needed for the game.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on December 1, 2014 4:11PM
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MEEEEEAAAA SEE OP!

nawhiCU.png

I would like to see classes removed also. The TSE method of skill building is really fun and engaging.
    Edited by kewl on December 1, 2014 4:25PM
  • Scamandros
    Scamandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you will still get the issues of "this build is OP compared to other stuff, why can't I play the way I want". There will always be someone who finds an 'optimal build' that caters to a situation better then any other known option, then others will follow suit.

I like the differentiation that classes bring, the diferent flavors to play, different flavors to fight. Sure everyone has that one class they love ot hate and there will always be the crowd of people crying for nerfs/buffs because they want their current build to outperf the competition rather then adjusting themselves. Granted there have been, possibly are and certainly will be points in ESO where a skill or passive may disrupt balance, but giving everyone in the game access to said broken abilities will not magically make things balanced.

Imagine if for future scaling a dev makes a tragic oversight in their coding and templars get a spamable 'invincible' skill, leaving all else the same. That would definitely be broken and affect balance, but giving everyone access to that wouldn't make the game balanced. It just leaves everyone at a stale mate.

Making everyone OP != balance

With 10 skills and 2 ultimates to equip from a plethora of options you are limited in what you can be prepared to deal with. In some cases it may be that you get beat because an enemy build directly counters yours, or you merely have nothing equipped to combat their build.

The last vocal person I saw in zone chat yelling for nerfs and bow buffs I actually tried to help. I suggested small changes to help achieve the goals they wanted, however they insisted they couldn't sacrifice what they currently had set up at all. Said person had 1.5k stamina, 140 weapon damage, 20%crit and was wondering why they had poor damage. Also counting to 3 when a dk flaps was too difficult apparently so they keep shoting until they kill themselves, which with that set up would take numerous snipe casts... but DKs OP still right.
    Aeryj
    Fantasia
    Blades of Vengeance

Mighty Eagle by serjustin19 for your viewing convenience.
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle.
    I fell out of my nest

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I screech I screech
    but no one hears me

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I started to wonder off
    I want to come back but lost my way.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I came face to face
    Of Mighty Lion

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I came to fall in love with Mighty Lion
    Who's claws is sharp and just

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Then suddenly
    Mighty Dragon Came

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Dragon roared aloud
    Who's mighty paws make earthquake
    that quivers underneath our feet

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Soon battle rages
    Between the Mighty Lion and Mighty Dragon

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    My heart grows heavy
    For who do I belong in Scourge PS4 EU

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I continue to battle.
    But Battle I must do within myself

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I screech, I screech
    Long and hard. I made a fuss

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Then suddenly
    As if I was dreaming

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I heard a screech
    But suddenly, I attack Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle had to defend

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I know I was fighting for Mighty Lion
    So I fought back.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I attack I attack
    But to no avail

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    The Mighty claws who's mighty claws
    Felt unnatural to me and very clumsy to me

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Why I have chosen to not stay with you
    I do not know. I am complicated at that.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have destroyed Mighty Eagle
    My own kin in Scourge PS4 EU

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I crawled into a ball
    Weep to no avail

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Lost in my whirling thoughts
    My heart and mind is clouded

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have served Mighty Lion over a year
    I thought Mighty Lion is were I belong anew

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I finally contacted
    Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle says they love me
    In reality I love them also.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I continued to clash
    At Mighty Eagle however

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    But clashing with Mighty Eagle
    Just not feel right

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have made a wrong choice I now believe
    Terrible and unjust of what I did

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    For am I not a monster
    For attacking a faction who loves me instead

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I was wrong
    Mighty Eagle was right

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Come. Please take me back Mighty Eagle
    For I believe I now know

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Were I truly belong
    For indeed I thought

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    That Mighty Lion
    Is were I belong.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    O how I was so wrong Mighty Eagle
    I was gravely wrong and such a fool I was.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    You have met
    Princess Justine

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine who attacked
    Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I know this was wrong
    And so to does Princess Justine

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    With our clashing together
    I now know were I truly belong in Scourge PS4 EU I believe.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Have you all not heard
    The famous saying. That is very wise and so very true?

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Let me repeat the famous saying
    that is very wise and so true

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    It is
    My Enemy, Enemy's, Enemy's
    Is my friend

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I come to thee Mighty Eagle
    And so to Princess Justine.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Who used to serve Mighty Lion
    But Now serve Mighty Eagle
    For the very first time in her career.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine and are one in the same
    Were I go. She will go to. For she believes it is right choice

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    We are all yours
    O Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    No one else but you
    I feel peaceful. Unafraid

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I belong to you O mighty Eagle
    I am so relieved to hear myself to say that

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine and I

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Now flies and fights alongside with Mighty Eagle
    Who's Mighty talons stand for sacred Freedom

Written by Serjustin19
    Written on this day
    September 27. The day when My troubled mind is not clouded no longer.
    In the year of my troubles end
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If we remove every thing and only allow people to use the same 10 skills and same weapon then no one can QQ anymore about something needing a nerf.

If you were to say that all skill lines were available to all players, then yes.

Of course then the RP'ers would go full spaz, it wouldn't be lore friendly for a start and while it would help the PvP community for balance with no more OP classes just OP players, reason being you wouldn't have a leg to stand on with that logic, everyone would have access to the same builds etc. I can see your logic, but the practicality... It would tear the PvE community to shreds.

I can see where your going with this Asgari, but I can't see ZOS implementing anything like this anytime soon that would potentially damage the PvE community.

the PvE community is, at some point, goingo have to be set aside if PvP is going to be saved. PvP has been cast aside for unneded PvE zones such as craglorn and the coming wrothgar, and most of the bestixes have been in PvE. Many of us are tired of PvP being put at the expense of PvE. Its timeor PvP to get its due

hopefully the imerial city does just that.
    Edited by Cody on December 1, 2014 9:33PM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    If we remove every thing and only allow people to use the same 10 skills and same weapon then no one can QQ anymore about something needing a nerf.

If you were to say that all skill lines were available to all players, then yes.

Of course then the RP'ers would go full spaz, it wouldn't be lore friendly for a start and while it would help the PvP community for balance with no more OP classes just OP players, reason being you wouldn't have a leg to stand on with that logic, everyone would have access to the same builds etc. I can see your logic, but the practicality... It would tear the PvE community to shreds.

I can see where your going with this Asgari, but I can't see ZOS implementing anything like this anytime soon that would potentially damage the PvE community.

the PvE community is, at some point, goingo have to be set aside if PvP is going to be saved. PvP has been cast aside for unneded PvE zones such as craglorn and the coming wrothgar, and most of the bestixes have been in PvE. Many of us are tired of PvP being put at the expense of PvE. Its timeor PvP to get its due

hopefully the imerial city does just that.

Imperial city is PvE lol
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • AaronMB
    AaronMB
    ✭✭✭
    ...P.S. Keep this thread on topic as almost every serious thread i create gets closed one way or another. Thank you for your understanding.

lol
    You said "serious."

But yes - too much cryin' here on the forums. Maybe it's what folks do when they're at work and can't play? /shrug
    Edited by AaronMB on December 1, 2014 10:14PM
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suru wrote: »
    Everyone has a vision what this game should've been, but this is not the route ZoS chose. I personally like the way the game is. Plus some combos would just be some real BS haha you cant ignore that fact. It would cause way more QQ, you cant say remove all classes and really tell me with a straight face some things wouldnt be more OP and need a complete rework and balance. No thanks.

Suru wrote: »
    Everyone has a vision what this game should've been, but this is not the route ZoS chose. I personally like the way the game is. Plus some combos would just be some real BS haha you cant ignore that fact. It would cause way more QQ, you cant say remove all classes and really tell me with a straight face some things wouldnt be more OP and need a complete rework and balance. No thanks.

You dont see the bigger picture here.

In you're post you talked about the community wanting this to happen. I havent heard this argument in a while. I've always felt this discussion as being from a minority of the community. I don't hear it often. Please do not say "remaining community " in your post, if it was there would be posts and posts about it here and there. If you want to start somthing then I wish you good luck, everyone has a vision and an opinion.

Suru
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest complaint is that the servers are just plain underpowered. When I can't run from one end of Daggerfal to the other (try it) without "phasing-out" like 4 or 5 times, loading is a problem. Also the servers have a really hard time keeping up as the battles are so tight, microseconds count. As a result, the response time needed to compete in these battles just isn't there. Crashing is a problem as well but only from time to time. I haven't even joined pvp yet but I can tell you that if I experience issues like this in pve, they will be magnified in pvp.
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on December 2, 2014 2:04PM
    Give 'er eh!