Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sick of the Alliance War

• Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All, please hang in there and don't get burned-out... Otherwise, when ZOS finally gets PvP figured out, you won't even want to come back. Some of us need to stay behind to get those who left to come back when the time is right.

Minimally, if the champion system is delivered somewhat close to it has been described there will be more viable builds than today which will certainly make PvP more interesting even if it's the same set of game objectives with resources and keeps etc... I know this is not all that compelling, but selfishly I'm hoping all of you hang in there... even Columbo.
    Edited by Sacadon on November 29, 2014 9:00PM
  • Aoife32001
    Aoife32001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Creating unique keeps and giving more incentive to hold them, as described below, would go a long way toward making AvA less of a boring, rinse-and-repeat experience.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/136164/should-zenimax-re-examine-keeps-sieges-in-eso#latest

I scarcely AvA, and I'm already bored of it. :( I guess I was expecting something more along the lines of Lineage II (though don't get me wrong, that game had some serious flaws too!)
    Edited by Aoife32001 on November 29, 2014 10:08PM
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree but I think you would enjoy PvP more if you tried a different faction and class. It changes the gameplay completely. I would like to see more variety in PvP though. Getting a little sick of the game overall tbh might try some new gameplay and if it doesn't feel fun will probably come back later.

The dueling system some of you have brought up sounds amazing. Dueling 1v1s-8v8s, with the duelers being able to make there own rules and bet gold. Spectator betting would be abused but I like the idea.

Something a few people brought up during the guild summit was saying one of the highest person on the leader board for there faction would be able to become a baren of a keep and when defending that keep they would get emperor buffs but 4x as weaker or something. Would be cool if they did this with scroll temples also.
    Or another idea for this is if the emperor picked a person for each keep they claimed to watch over it and protect it and while they are defending the keep they get emperor buffs but 6x less as powerful. This would make PvP more work like an army in the sense that the emperor can assign his friends to a keep to help defend it.

If PvP had more of a molag feeling that would make it feel more fresh imo. Also someone else mentioned making keeps different in appearence and some harder to take than other, I love this idea.

One other idea I had was to possibly have daedric artifacts in the imperial palace. A way through PvP but also doing PvE to get daedric artifacts which will give players who have it a special one piece set bonus. For example; Umbra give you one soul gem for each person you get a killing blow on, goldbrand adds a 500 fire DoT over 5 seconds to someone, mace of molag bal absorbs 300 health from target and gives it to you every 5 seconds. These are just some examples and I think these buffs/set bonuses should stay 100% single target buffs from preventing OP AoE murdering because of these items. My idea of how these could be added in is that they are inside the imperial city white gold tower guarded by massive daedra bosses and PvP imperial guards (like normal keep guards but more of them). Then you are able to go inside once they are dead (which should take some time to kill them) and they will be kept in an artifact room where you can go grab a (only one per player) artifact and take it, you will keep the artifact until you log out of the game for longer than 30 minuets or leave cyrodiil. As soon as you leave it is returned to the room in the imperial city. There is only one of the artifact per campaign so someone can't take umbra from azuras star and bring it in thorneblade. Only one umbra in thorneblade.
    Edited by SRIBES on November 29, 2014 10:58PM
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I feel like PvP has been slower lately..
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love for the guilds who own keeps to be able to buy upgrades for a keep to make it harder to take. More gold a guild has... the cooler the upgrades it can buy for the keep it owns. @ZOS_BrianWheeler Make it happen man...
    Edited by OtarTheMad on November 29, 2014 11:38PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AsweetRoll wrote: »
    I agree but I think you would enjoy PvP more if you tried a different faction and class. It changes the gameplay completely. I would like to see more variety in PvP though. Getting a little sick of the game overall tbh might try some new gameplay and if it doesn't feel fun will probably come back later.

The dueling system some of you have brought up sounds amazing. Dueling 1v1s-8v8s, with the duelers being able to make there own rules and bet gold. Spectator betting would be abused but I like the idea.

Something a few people brought up during the guild summit was saying one of the highest person on the leader board for there faction would be able to become a baren of a keep and when defending that keep they would get emperor buffs but 4x as weaker or something. Would be cool if they did this with scroll temples also.
    Or another idea for this is if the emperor picked a person for each keep they claimed to watch over it and protect it and while they are defending the keep they get emperor buffs but 6x less as powerful. This would make PvP more work like an army in the sense that the emperor can assign his friends to a keep to help defend it.

If PvP had more of a molag feeling that would make it feel more fresh imo. Also someone else mentioned making keeps different in appearence and some harder to take than other, I love this idea.

One other idea I had was to possibly have daedric artifacts in the imperial palace. A way through PvP but also doing PvE to get daedric artifacts which will give players who have it a special one piece set bonus. For example; Umbra give you one soul gem for each person you get a killing blow on, goldbrand adds a 500 fire DoT over 5 seconds to someone, mace of molag bal absorbs 300 health from target and gives it to you every 5 seconds. These are just some examples and I think these buffs/set bonuses should stay 100% single target buffs from preventing OP AoE murdering because of these items. My idea of how these could be added in is that they are inside the imperial city white gold tower guarded by massive daedra bosses and PvP imperial guards (like normal keep guards but more of them). Then you are able to go inside once they are dead (which should take some time to kill them) and they will be kept in an artifact room where you can go grab a (only one per player) artifact and take it, you will keep the artifact until you log out of the game for longer than 30 minuets or leave cyrodiil. As soon as you leave it is returned to the room in the imperial city. There is only one of the artifact per campaign so someone can't take umbra from azuras star and bring it in thorneblade. Only one umbra in thorneblade.

heck give me the umbra artifact. i wasted tons of AP on gems in BB 2 nights ago and cant afford more. the EP on BB owes me at least 15 filled grands right now:D i needz da gems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    Alliance War has become a numbers game . Who ever has the numbers wins .

Somewhat true but top player groups crush numbers much larger than themselves constantly
  • Da Sandman
    Da Sandman
    ✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    I would love for the guilds who own keeps to be able to buy upgrades for a keep to make it harder to take. More gold a guild has... the cooler the upgrades it can buy for the keep it owns. @ZOS_BrianWheeler Make it happen man...

More AP a guild has..... then we are talking.
    Da Sandman

Havöc
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alliance War has become a numbers game . Who ever has the numbers wins .

Somewhat true but top player groups crush numbers much larger than themselves constantly

Even the best groups eventually succumb to endless reinforcements . I only made the statement because I believe the lock out cap per server should be equal to the lowest current population to ensure better balance . Or something ... N stuff
  • Xiphyla
    Xiphyla
    ✭✭✭
    Zerg balling just make the lag unbearable. Couldnt cast skill and skill delay was so horrible. Zenimax need to do something about it.
    AD : DiE (Inactive)
    DC : K-hole (Inactive)
    EP : ZDM (Inactive)

Await4camelotunchained.

• riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Crashing
    2. Lag
    3. Wonky weapon swapping
    4. Audio issues now, it's bad enough with all the pew pew/dead in half a second, but now the audio is so unsynched or just drops out all together making it impossible from very difficult.
    5. Blocking is all f-d up. Lately I've died or fallen to the ground dead from critical charge/whatever nightblade skill before the opponents character zips across teh screen to complete the attack.
    6. I can't even remember the last clean scroll defense/offense that hasn't been completely paralyzed by lag, with no help from players who damn well know how to bog down everything by balling up and spamming.
    7. I see now a few have figured how to weasel through keep doors and a few DK's have new leaping spots.

Parts of this game need a serious *** before anything else should go forward.
    Edited by riverdragon72 on November 30, 2014 4:30PM
    Meh...**** it..
  • Insurrektion
    Insurrektion
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    When all of your friends have left the game except for you, when you yourself have finally reached a breaking point with the issues that your friends quit over, it starts to become more clear to you day over day, that the selling point for this game has failed to achieve expectations.

I am so close to calling it quits at this point. Myself and one other person are the only remaining two of our original 10 that joined ESO at launch.

Soon it will be one. Will it be me, or him, who cracks first.

Horizon and Monario didnt even make it out of the first month.
    Hajee - quit at the first level cap increase (too early for him)
    Sigmus - never even made it to v6 after 1.4, too casual for this game, quit due to being unable to keep up and losing interest
    Zetto, Saphy, Dexy, Taylor - all quit at 1.5 due to lag related issues (and with the loss of those four, Vice truly died as anything more than a small gank squad)
    Sisko and I are the only two that remain, with the few members we recruited to Vice since we joined. (some of which have already quit).

Out of a guild of 47 (half of which were zone recruits that never logged into the game again), only five remain active now, on at least a weekly basis. Four daily.
    I feel for ya bro. At the end of the day it's just a game. Do what you have fun with. For me, my life is sucking pretty hard right now because what I enjoy is investing time into a game with real life friends. My friends changed mmos quite rapidly the past 2 years, never spending more than a couple months at any one of them. Now they are scattered all over the place playing different things, as am I.

Are those guys real life friends of yours, or at least long-term online friends? Cus really this is just something we do to kill time dude, when we have nothing important to do in real life. I might not even play something else when I leave this. I might unplug for a while. Anyway, do what makes you happy, and best wishes!
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    When all of your friends have left the game except for you, when you yourself have finally reached a breaking point with the issues that your friends quit over, it starts to become more clear to you day over day, that the selling point for this game has failed to achieve expectations.

I am so close to calling it quits at this point. Myself and one other person are the only remaining two of our original 10 that joined ESO at launch.

Soon it will be one. Will it be me, or him, who cracks first.

Horizon and Monario didnt even make it out of the first month.
    Hajee - quit at the first level cap increase (too early for him)
    Sigmus - never even made it to v6 after 1.4, too casual for this game, quit due to being unable to keep up and losing interest
    Zetto, Saphy, Dexy, Taylor - all quit at 1.5 due to lag related issues (and with the loss of those four, Vice truly died as anything more than a small gank squad)
    Sisko and I are the only two that remain, with the few members we recruited to Vice since we joined. (some of which have already quit).

Out of a guild of 47 (half of which were zone recruits that never logged into the game again), only five remain active now, on at least a weekly basis. Four daily.
    I feel for ya bro. At the end of the day it's just a game. Do what you have fun with. For me, my life is sucking pretty hard right now because what I enjoy is investing time into a game with real life friends. My friends changed mmos quite rapidly the past 2 years, never spending more than a couple months at any one of them. Now they are scattered all over the place playing different things, as am I.

Are those guys real life friends of yours, or at least long-term online friends? Cus really this is just something we do to kill time dude, when we have nothing important to do in real life. I might not even play something else when I leave this. I might unplug for a while. Anyway, do what makes you happy, and best wishes!

Long term online friends from our multi gaming guild. Known some of them for close to three years now. Its not so much losing friends as I am in contact with them constantly, its we dont play together anymore, because zenisucks cant seem to fix the one thing we wanted to do.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    If we are going to have arenas in ESO, I will only be happy if they are Guild vs Guild ONLY... No random arenas as they are the plague to mmos(and pretty much most games in general as well, just look at LoL).
    Edited by Nijjion on November 30, 2014 5:34PM
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I dream for.

1v1 Arena
    Live Spectators
    Betting/Wagering gold and items
    Leaderboards/Ranks/Titles

Make it happen

I want arena and organized pvp in some capacity. Not so keen on 1v1, unless I'm on my DK, lol.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »
    What I dream for.

1v1 Arena
    Live Spectators

Make it happen

I want arena and organized pvp in some capacity. Not so keen on 1v1, unless I'm on my DK, lol.

NB #1 for 1v1!!!
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What I dream for.

1v1 Arena
    Live Spectators

Make it happen

NB #1 for 1v1!!!

Two stealthy looking for each other for 10 minutes . That's eorse then this episode of Black Ghost Hunters ...

[vid]http://youtu.be/xRW4wRbYhz8
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    NB #1 for 1v1!!!

After watching Axy and you, can't argue with that.

-= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What I dream for.

1v1 Arena
    Live Spectators

Make it happen

NB #1 for 1v1!!!

Two stealthy looking for each other for 10 minutes . That's eorse then this episode of Black Ghost Hunters ...

[vid]http://youtu.be/xRW4wRbYhz8

What if I told you I don't use shadow cloak or sneak on my Nightblade.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

• serenenightmare
    serenenightmare
    ✭✭✭
    At this point, it would be nice if they added anything new to pvp at this point. :/
    v14 Sorcerer: Aerendyl Merith
    Former Empress of Volendrung, first cycle.
    Former Empress of Thornblade, fourth cycle.
    v14 Templar: Aeren-chan
    v1 Dragonknight: Aelrindel Merith
    v1 Nightblade: Arendelle Merith
    No Mercy.
    Aeren Cartel, Best Drugs North America
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At this point, it would be nice if they added anything new to pvp at this point. :/

I completely agree. Anything just to spice things up.

My ex use to change her hair color every couple of months to keep things fresh.

We broke up when she ran outta colors.

Don't break up with your girlfriend because she ran out of colors.

Get DirecTV.

• KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a shame this game had so much potential could have been a wow killer if done right, I'm not saying scrap everything and start again the PvP has some strong points. However it lacks creativity, consistency, quality, daring and Ooomph*!

-Arenas would have been great (not of the PvE kind)
    -Keep individualism
    -Actual benefits for claiming keeps
    -Not dry *** every PvP with patches like 1.3 for 2 weeks and not offering free time
    -Proper servers

To name but a few issues

* See Ooomph;
    [url=]"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkkEO7hzALY"]https://youtube.com/watch?v=GkkEO7hzALY[/url]

youtube flail D:
    Edited by KBKB on December 1, 2014 10:06AM
  • Nacario
    Nacario
    ✭✭✭
    And Im sick of the alliance war since despite its good intentions, is filled with bugs and lag. You lag when forces colide, you cant enter a door, you cant pop a siege, you no nothing!