Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP lag

lath
lath
✭✭
Can we take a moment and acknowledge that the most recent patch did indeed reduce lag? My PR peaked yesterday in Cyrodiil at only 200 in a zergfight. There was some weird glitches but overall responsiveness of the game was better than before.

It's still NOT perfect, but it seems ZOS is actually working on it, which is good.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's better.
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PR has never even been linked to lag for me. I don't think its ever gone over 450 but still have 10+ sec delay on skills etc. PR can be at 200 with ridiculous lag still.
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of my guildies today had a ping of 5000.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the impulse spamming blue blob at Kingscrest (Thornblade EU) yesterday evening would challenge that assertion. With a peak ping of 2500ms, I would also challenge it.

On a similar theme, my missus has tasked me to clean out and organise our tool shed... In fact she has been waiting for some time for me to begin doing it, after it taking a full 6 months for me to acknowledge the need. A couple of days ago, I bagged up some of the clutter and put it to one side and moved the lawnmower away from the door. Do you think she applauded my efforts?

Hello sofa, I've missed you ^^
    Edited by VagabondAngel on November 28, 2014 12:15PM
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Before patch I was hitting random pings from between 300 - 12000. Hell, I was standing in Roe with no one about getting 800 pr. Against that, the last patch has made a vast improvement on that. There are still cases of lag, but the unplayability of stupid pings has been solved.

*tips hat*
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • lath
    lath
    ✭✭
    To me, lag was always connected to PR. And I've noticed a significant improvement last night on Thornblade EU.

@VagabondAngel, I'm not sure if your wife did applaud your efforts, but I - a random stranger on the internet - am proud of you :) Even a small improvement is something worth cherishing and celebrating, lest we become victim to our own bitterness.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We who are doomed to shed management salute you.
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not, as yesterday on TB EU we had some terrible lag. Couldn't open doors or use abilities and i was stuck in the shield charge animation so many times that i ended up removing it from my bar temporarily as i couldn't stop my self using it even though i knew it was going to bug out.

In fact, what i have noticed since this latest update is not only does the server still lag out during peak fights, but now my sounds also have delays/lag in playing 1-2 seconds after the action.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One moment you think "hey this seems better", while the next moment you realize "oh no, it's just as bad".
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does seem a bit better, I did encounter some lag, just not as devastating to my game play as in the past, so what ever they are doing keep doing it, they did say it would be in a few patches.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can run the graphics on Medium and sometimes high again . So that's better .
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag has been better, but maybe it's because we try to not get into any hotspots.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lag has been better, but maybe it's because we try to not get into any hotspots.

Not really any AD trains running too much, will be more this weekend and we can test it out
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not really any AD trains running too much, will be more this weekend and we can test it out

Sunday, funday.

That'll be the real test.

In other news, I know we (AD) have been slacking, but I have been impressed by the level of large organised grouppery (is that a word?) that DC are displaying lately. Am not only talking about braxy either.

We had a small group yesterday 8-10 and wherever we went a blue group of 20+ would show up within 2 mins max to wipe us.

I have to stress the 2 mins because it was impressive. I mean at some point we took Nikel and before we could repair the walls a large group came and wiped us. One of us stealthed inside and rezed us all after they were gone. We cleared the NPCs and then put a ram from inside to bring the door to 50% which is required for the flags to be changeable.

Once we brought the door to 50% we proceeded to change the flags and went back to repair the door only to find a big group had already turned up and was putting siege against the door from the outside.

I was like: "WTF? How did they get here so quick?". Another time we went to take bleakers and again, Oswolf's group this time turned up (DC had Chalman mind you, no reason for htem to be spawning there) before the outpost was even put under siege!

Mightily impressive response times. Kudos smurfs, kudos!
    Edited by Maulkin on November 28, 2014 4:45PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sunday, funday.

That'll be the real test.

In other news, I know we (AD) have been slacking, but I have been impressed by the level of large organised grouppery (is that a word?) that DC are displaying lately. Am not only talking about braxy either.

We had a small group yesterday 8-10 and wherever we went a blue group of 20+ would show up within 2 mins max to wipe us.

I have to stress the 2 mins because it was impressive. I mean at some point we took Nikel and before we could repair the walls a large group came and wiped us. One of us stealthed inside and rezed us all after they were gone. We cleared the NPCs and then put a ram from inside to bring the door to 50% which is required for the flags to be changeable.

Once we brought the door to 50% we proceeded to change the flags and went back to repair the door only to find a big group had already turned up and was putting siege against the door from the outside.

I was like: "WTF? How did they get here so quick?". Another time we went to take bleakers and again, Oswolf's group this time turned up (DC had Chalman mind you, no reason for htem to be spawning there) before the outpost was even put under siege!

Mightily impressive response times. Kudos smurfs, kudos!

All the guilds on DC work together, It probably wasn't working too well the last Thornblade as we put a lot of focus into Azura and the TDA alliance was split over 2 campaigns.

But now we put more focus into Thorn.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Thudunblundur
    Thudunblundur
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely better in my opinion. It still happens but there's much less of it and I don't think it's as bad when it does happen - mostly. I've been fairly rude about this issue a few times, so it's good to be able to be positive.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its the same here, The lag outside of Roebeck tonight was atrocious a little bit ago, 999ms pings.....as soon as I ported to the other side of the map, lag gone.

just tested my connection, I have around 25-40 ms ping anywhere in the United States, yet ESO will have periods of intense lag like this...oh and I was lagging at 60 fps....

This patch done nothing to improve it for me, its the same as it was prior to this patch, I see no real change...in big zerg fights, the lag is still there...regular keep fights may be a little better, but that's about it.

I have ran DSP reports line quality testing on my line for 2 weeks straight, connection comes back clean...it snot my connection...or anyones for that matter, its the server...for whatever reason it lags at the most importune times.

oh and weapon swapping stopped working for me twice tonight requiring relogs to fix. That's a new one, never had that problem before in this game, and I been playing since April.
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on November 29, 2014 4:37AM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blame the impluse/healing springs spammers. saw at least 20 of them with staves huddled in a corner casting that garbage over and over again.
  • lath
    lath
    ✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    Blame the impluse/healing springs spammers. saw at least 20 of them with staves huddled in a corner casting that garbage over and over again.

Nonono, don't waste your energy blaming anyone - the impulse/hs spammers do what the game allows them to do. And since ZOS is not calling it an exploit, it's simply their design decision so if you reeeeeaaaaallllly need to blame someone - poke ZOS and encourage them to
    a) redesign/change this mechanic or
    b) still work harder on making the client-server communication better.

Last night was pretty big on Thornblade EU and the peaks went a bit higher for me again, but it was still better than before the patch. I hope they will get this sorted soon.
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On top of the lag I am now getting some weird sound delay and sometimes not sound at all.

GJ ZoS!
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • lath
    lath
    ✭✭
    The footage below is from Friday evening, reds roaming around Alessia. Does this happen to you guys often?

http://youtu.be/x_yl0pFdPsU

TL;DW> I died twice to the damage from the same battle, the second death occuring to damage inflicted before the first death, just after ressing.
    Edited by lath on November 30, 2014 10:31AM
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lath wrote: »
    The footage below is from Friday evening, reds roaming around Alessia. Does this happen to you guys often?

http://youtu.be/x_yl0pFdPsU

TL;DW> I died twice to the damage from the same battle, the second death occuring to damage inflicted before the first death, just after ressing.

Owned by a flower pot.

But seriously, you need to disable your addons and reset your router.
  • lath
    lath
    ✭✭
    Owned by a flower pot.

But seriously, you need to disable your addons and reset your router.

nah, no problems since then ^.^
  • Lilarna
    Lilarna
    ✭✭✭
    I'ld just like to point out that on Blackwater Blade EU, there is currently some lag and has been throughout the evening, though I can hardly imagine how you can have less people, and less spells being casted on a campaign... :p
    Housing contest: Gold Road Visions. https://discord.gg/us8aU9xQgx
    Lilarna - Wabbajack EU campaign nostalgic
    My Twitch Channel at LiLandChill: https://www.twitch.tv/lilandchill
  • Kwas
    Kwas
    ✭✭
    EU Thorn manages a steady 350+ ping while selling rewards to NPC (with no one around you)

Defending I was running around outside the keep spamming frags only to die inside the keep somehow...

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once two blobs run into each other and stand on the same spot spamming AOE's it all goes to hell, without fault. Lag indicator goes to 999+ red, and only thing that works is /flute.
  • risen1981
    risen1981
    ✭✭
    During the peek times it's still unplayable, noticed a little difference thou
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two words: Staff Spammers!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    im also getting sound delay nowadays.

Edited by Cody on December 1, 2014 1:25AM
  • Crogster
    Crogster
    ✭✭✭
    The lag is ridiculous. Not being able to get down siege last night was so frustrating. TBH even i am considering to carry on this game right now!! So mad with lag and every patch making more bugs. Not only can i hardly get a negate to go on the floor in lag now i have crappy sounds!
    Phoenix Templar
    V16 Sorc
    EDC - Guild Leader/ Founder(30/3/14) , SWAT, DEI Alliance