Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcs negate speed

Philthyorc
Philthyorc
✭✭✭
What's the quickest way to get negate up for say Hard mode mage fight. If you spam healing springs is it doable to have it up constantly (every 11 seconds?) If so, what gear do you need to be running to do this? We have a Sorc overload in our raid group, and non can get it up fast enough. Any pointers?
DC Sorc Dagoth Ur Face - Former Emperor of Chillrend, RIP
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Streak spam or other aoe damage spam has always seemed to charge ult faster than aoe healing for me, but this may be less sustainable than the healing route.
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Jahosefat wrote: »
    Streak spam or other aoe damage spam has always seemed to charge ult faster than aoe healing for me, but this may be less sustainable than the healing route.

Agreed, I usually get more out of Lightning Flood on a crit build. Anything that ticks quickly and can crit works. Try Boundless Storm as it ticks 1/sec and Lightning Flood as it ticks 2/sec. Ultimate will Build fairly quick, but at the cost of DPS but not by much, especially using it on a slow moving/stationary boss that you can stand near is really effective. Slotting it on your second bar and and having WW on primary bar will help as well, at least it used to.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    If your goal is not DPS but ultimate build, throw down the bow skill Scorching earth or the other morph on top of the previous mentioned skills. I would test on some meat bricks though, they've changes ultimate build on AoEs so many times I don't know if any of those specific skills got the nerf hammer for ultimate build.
    Edited by Pyatra on November 29, 2014 4:07AM
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything high crit works for me, but I pvp. More crit=more ulti points
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp