Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

LANGUAGE, THE MATTER!

cosmoplayer
unfortunately, the game is only in 3 languages. is not my fault.
this doesn't means the forum will be strictly follow this rules.

i propose zos to open a more languages thread in the forum, and this becouse i bored of people that still offend me about my english.

anyway i'm going to unsuscribe, becouse i found out this forum community is almost unfriendly.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's a pity, I try not to judge people on their language, mainly because it's not evryones first language, and it's a shame that people are leaving because others don't see that.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear people have problems with your English. As a non-native, I sympathize. We should strive to make everyone feel welcome even if their language skills aren't perfect.

I'm not sure if we really need threads in other languages, though. I haven't even seen anyone try it here before. I don't know what your native language is, but generally I don't think we have enough members from each country to make such niche discussions worthwhile. Are there any local forums or guilds you could join to talk with people from your country? That said, it probably wouldn't hurt to allow threads in different languages. The problem is that they would be difficult to moderate as mods obviously aren't all polyglot savants.
    Edited by Rosveen on November 28, 2014 2:51PM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That is the saddest thing i've read on here today - I mean who cares if the English is perfect?
    - Almost all of the time I can understand the guy anyway, and the very very few times I can't he/she is willing to explain further if asked nicely.

These forums can be harsh at times and I'm sorry to hear that you have been offended for not writing 10/10 English - that's just stupid!
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's cruddy. It's not his fault English isn't his first language. And you can understand what he writes if you just take a second to read it
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp