The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

PvP Population Imbalance (SERIOUS PROBLEM!!!)

Goldie
Goldie
✭✭✭✭✭
Am I understanding this right?

If players enter a campaign as a guest, the player in question is NOT counted on the population bars?

If this is so, would that faction be able to bring in players over the MAX population allowed?
Edited by Goldie on November 30, 2014 5:58AM
"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, this was fixed a long time ago.

If pop is locked, and you travel to player, you will be put in the queue or be told "the campaign you are trying to enter is full"

However, I do not know if existing "travel to player" guests ALREADY in cyrodiil before it caps, are counted towards the pop cap or not.
    Edited by Rylana on November 29, 2014 1:59PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something that should be looked into, I have seen at least 3 FULL EP groups over this last week, all while population says is LOW.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been asking this for a long time. Mostly have been laughed at or accused of any of the following: exaggeration , stupidity, falsification, vengeance/butthurt and others.

More power to you for trying again. Good luck in getting any official reply .
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i think that guests in the campaign before(i cant word it right. lol. hopefully you know what i mean) dont count towards the population cap.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If guests have no bearing on population bars / pop-locked, that means guests can overtake the queue if in fact pop-locked. The reason the pop-lock exists is to cater to the servers stable maximum ( lawl ). Allowing an unlimited amount of players to come in doesn't make sense.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guests don't count ? Wat new devilry is this ?
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    i think that guests in the campaign before(i cant word it right. lol. hopefully you know what i mean) dont count towards the population cap.

That's the rumor I heard. That's crazy! I know that EP has out numbered my faction GREATLY in nearly every battle, no matter where it was on the map, while there were still gobs of them attacking Alessia, Chalman, and Drake simultaneously.

(Gobs: Groups of enemy players numbering in the 40's or more.)

An obvious population imbalance...
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome to a day in the life of a member of the daggerfall covenant.
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with Dominion and Pact populations Locked, Pact has DOUBLE the number of players in the Campaign as Dominion does.

This needs to be investigated immediately!!!!!!!!!
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i try to join my guest campaign Thornblade EU and the campaign is full i stay in the queue. So i do not understand this topic...
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taonnor, I guess it would depend on the time of day you play, your alliance plus which server you play on.
    I play on NA megaserver and tonight we had what's known as night capping again. I don't think this is cheating but it does irritate me a lot as both enemy factions hit DC at the same time while DC had the lowest population by far(not accusing anyone of an orange alliance, seemed just to be opportunistic).
    So yes, population balance is a real issue that needs addressing, but to be honest I have long given up on ZOS's ability to fix anything.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »
    Even with Dominion and Pact populations Locked, Pact has DOUBLE the number of players in the Campaign as Dominion does.

This is unlikely to be true. Please provide evidence to support your supposition.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt they have double the numbers. It just seems that way when a large amount of EP attacks an AD keep, especially when most of AD is slow to respond to calls and only a handful are defending. I'm sure there are times when EP gets hit that they feel the same way.
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    So let's organize the first ever cyrodill census..... Each side meet up at EP scroll temple during prime time. (Sorry EP you were chosen because your winning). Btw if this for some insane reason ever happened and people did not attack I wonder if it would still cause scroll back lag.....
    Edited by DezIsDead on November 30, 2014 7:17PM
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should be an easy fix if this actually is happening. Just do a check on the location of the target player before allowing the transfer. But as we know there are no easy fixes in ESO.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Goldie seems to have several QQ threads with no evidence... troll?
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »

I think he MAY just be serious...
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »

I think he MAY just be serious...

Being serious and being correct are not dependent upon each other to be the case.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something that should be looked into, I have seen at least 3 FULL EP groups over this last week, all while population says is LOW.

Keep in mind that one population bar(low) means anywhere between one and 49 players. 49 is such a great number that it is virtually impossible to exactly count the enemies anymore, since they move all over the place. It might well appear that there are more than they actually are.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

AD was that way for almost 5 months.: double the population of EP and DC, even when everything was locked. It has simply moved to EP(if what you say is true)

ZOS thus far is either unwilling or unable to fix the problem. hopefully they work out a solution