The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How do these players vanish and reappear instantly while in combat?

Mountain_Dewed
Mountain_Dewed
✭✭✭
This has been bugging me from the beginning and never got an answer for it. They are in battle using weapons so they can't be crouched in stealth the whole time. It's not invisi pots. It is a range about 10 meters, when we get that far from us is when they vanish and reappear when come back within that radius.

I understand when not in battle and you move up on a player close enough that is stealthed they appear and if you move back away they vanish. This happens with some players but they are in full battle and it's like they are not in full battle as far as the stealth rules come in to play.

Can anyone shed some light on this please? I'm having my stealth not work when I put one arrow into a player from 25+ meters or whatever and I'm NB with all kinds of stealth passives.
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth pots for one
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its from the lagg
    you will see some one walking or fighting in front of you and disapier and within 3 seconds see him all of a sudden 10 foot away from where he was. thats lagg.
    nothing but lagg.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades shadow ability doesn't care about being in combat. If you pop the shadow a few times while going into sneak mode, when it wears off you will be hidden.

You have to move away from enemies or you will reappear when shadow wears off. Also some damage over time abilities can cancel the shadow instantly.
    [DC/NA]
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    No, sorry, none of these are correct. I'm a NB, I know how shadow works. I've seen enough lag and I already said it wasn't invisi pots.

You'll have to see it for yourself I guess.

Hmm. one^ may actually know something but trying to steer the horse in a different direction...
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on November 29, 2014 1:14AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, sorry, none of these are correct. I'm a NB, I know how shadow works. I've seen enough lag and I already said it wasn't invisi pots.

Hmm. one^ may actually know something but trying to steer the horse in a different direction...

if you think we are all wrong and you have a answer then why did you make this thread and ask the question?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the stealth system is just screwed up right now.

you can jump someone, and it lets them re-stealth, but not you. or it could let you re-stealth, but not them. it could let someone re-stealth b4 your very eyes, and not let you detect them even if you use magelight. or it could just be horrendus lag.

it could also be people with invisibility potions, or NBs desperately trying to get their cloaks to work for once.

it could be many things. hard to give you an exact , correct response.

i can tell you though, as probably one of the most experienced NBs in this game(played since beta) it was likely someone trying to use shadow cloak. if they kept re-appering, its either cause the cloak kept breaking(which happens constantly, and is a huge pain in the a**) or the timer for the cloak duration simply expired, and they poped it up again.
    Edited by Cody on November 29, 2014 3:57AM
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its possible with the medium armor passive to pop a stealth(with speed added) roll dodge (while invis) (which increases speed more) and be far away by the time the stealth pot wears off.
    Edited by Tintinabula on November 29, 2014 4:49AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its possible with the medium armor passive to pop a stealth(with speed added) roll dodge (while invis) (which increases speed more) and be far away by the time the stealth pot wear off.

that too
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it could also just be the server dealing with massive spikes, sometimes things rez and de rez. It makes sense that sometimes it could be lag related. When you saw this happen how was the server performing?
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a nightblade using the shadow image teleport gives people a WTF moment sometimes.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭

if you think we are all wrong and you have a answer then why did you make this thread and ask the question?

Just because these are incorrect doesn't mean I know the answer.

I want to think it's lag or just cloak spazzing out but it's so precise at the distance and the players that this happens with are fighting less than 10 meters or so from me(I wasn't fighting this time just observing). I haven't seen someone do this in a while(besides yesterday) either.

I'll just have to wait until I get my capture card and find someone doing this.
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on November 29, 2014 12:48PM