Sick of the Alliance War

BugCollector
BugCollector
✭✭✭✭
It becomes so tedious after a while. Run to this keep, attack that keep, defend this keep, pffff....

There's nothing else going on in PvP.

I'd like PvP arena's, PvP dungeons (where 4 members have to fight 4 members of opposing factions and friendly duels between players of the same alliance.
May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What I dream for.

1v1 Arena
    Live Spectators
    Betting/Wagering gold and items
    Leaderboards/Ranks/Titles

Make it happen
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try intercepting enemies between keeps. Imperial city should also offer new opportunities for pvp once it comes out.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go play SWTOR . That's all it is . Huttball is your game .
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »

I have to agree that huttball is excellent.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love it ESO eventually solves the Alliance war, then introduces PVP... where players get to choose Alliance against the Daedra. Players can customize a Daedra and wage war against one another. Humans fight to save their lands and drive the Daedra back, and they fight to corrupt and enslave.
  • Lukeh Shadyvale
    Lukeh Shadyvale
    ✭✭✭
    What I dream for.

1v1 Arena
    Live Spectators

Make it happen

I can see it now: A young plucky Breton from the Covenant raised to a farming family with a hidden talent for dueling. Fights his way up the ranks to the big fight against a long standing Nord champion.
    The Breton fearful but confident believes with the support of his friends and family can beat the powerful Nord only to be told by a shady Khajiit protecting his investment in the Nord that the Breton must lose the match or his family's farm will be burnt down...

I think betting will be a no.
    Lukeh Shadyvale | V14 Bosmer Templar | Ebonheart Pact | EU Nowhere
    Cyrodiil is only good for fishing.
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭

Huttball was amazing, I also liked they pylons. Mostly because I got ridiculous heals on that.
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What I dream for.

1v1 Arena
    Live Spectators

Make it happen

I can see it now: A young plucky Breton from the Covenant raised to a farming family with a hidden talent for dueling. Fights his way up the ranks to the big fight against a long standing Nord champion.
    The Breton fearful but confident believes with the support of his friends and family can beat the powerful Nord only to be told by a shady Khajiit protecting his investment in the Nord that the Breton must lose the match or his family's farm will be burnt down...

I think betting will be a no.

Betting/Wagering would get people's adrenaline pumping!

A poor Breton born and raised on a small farm goes against his parents advice of not becoming a gladiator.

Confident with his set of skills, the Breton turns 100 gold into millions over the years.

His Parents happen to attend a major arena championshiop and recognize their long forgotten son as one of the fighters.

He gets killed right before their eyes and his life earnings went to his parents and now they are millionaires and aren't too sad about their sons death.

The End.

(I got carried away sorry)
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

• Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to say that @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌ as the head of PvP I want to know literally what you do every day with your time.

Serious question. What have you "worked on" for the last 6 months when according to you most of the issues are with other teams.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DezIsDead wrote: »

Huttball was amazing, I also liked they pylons. Mostly because I got ridiculous heals on that.

Just don't kick the ball . Hutts don't have feet !
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long you weren't an operative healer, those heals over the time always put my sith inquisitor healers to shame
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

I have to agree that huttball is excellent.

Huttball is the best kind of PVP I've ever done. I wish we had objective-based small-group instanced PVP in this game.

• EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    In real world, those Keeps are broken and can't use again because so many fix. I think one finger can push a Keep over.
    Edited by EIGHTS on November 29, 2014 3:39AM
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is time for 4v4v4 arena.

5 months ago I would have said no way.
    Edited by TheBull on November 29, 2014 3:49AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wagering...... that would be interesting
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i myself cant wait for the arenas.
  • Terror
    Terror
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing for a month now... and sadly the alliance war has become so tiresome and played out. I could not agree with this more!
  • Insurrektion
    Insurrektion
    ✭✭✭

What if we wanted arena and battlegrounds with our elder scrolls online characters?

On a side note I've been pvping more on SWTOR lately than on here and am seriously considering just saying f it and going back to WoW because of what different types of pvp it offers in a lag free environment and with a semblance of balance and diversity.

For a game that is supposed to offer more diversity for player builds than any previous mmo, this game sure has the most limited viable builds I've ever seen. There are essentially 6 different toons you see out there - DKs, Templars, Sorcerers, and Nightblades make up 4 and usually you'll see similar tactics being used out all 4 of them in the form of batswarm and/or impulse; and then theres archers and also people using 2-handed weapons. Thats about it folks. Spam scales/spam impulse, spam b shield/spam impulse, etc. So boring.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine what its like for people (even beta alpha testers) who have been here since the beginning. :(
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What if we wanted arena and battlegrounds with our elder scrolls online characters?

On a side note I've been pvping more on SWTOR lately than on here and am seriously considering just saying f it and going back to WoW because of what different types of pvp it offers in a lag free environment and with a semblance of balance and diversity.

For a game that is supposed to offer more diversity for player builds than any previous mmo, this game sure has the most limited viable builds I've ever seen. There are essentially 6 different toons you see out there - DKs, Templars, Sorcerers, and Nightblades make up 4 and usually you'll see similar tactics being used out all 4 of them in the form of batswarm and/or impulse; and then theres archers and also people using 2-handed weapons. Thats about it folks. Spam scales/spam impulse, spam b shield/spam impulse, etc. So boring.

I just play both . If they stick that stuff here then cool . But they haven't so I mentioned the other .
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alliance War has become a numbers game . Who ever has the numbers wins .
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine what its like for people (even beta alpha testers) who have been here since the beginning. :(

must you make me even sadder????

/crys miserably as Cody recalls what PvP used to be like
    Edited by Cody on November 29, 2014 7:13AM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many people (including me) have suggested improvements for PvP/Cyrodiil as have many others. I would love to see people posting more and commenting about any ideas they like to help get attention from the devs.

Here are some of mine, and if you have any link or share them here as well:
    • A brief wishlist for somewhat small changes - includes Alliance specific bonuses that can be earned and tons of new achievements for the Alliance War.
    • POW camps for Cyrodiil - this got some great feedback
    • Special events in campaign cycles - basically this means new content/threats that show up for a campaign cycle, and it could be used periodically on any campaign or regularly on the empty ones.
    • More threats from Coldharbor (not my idea but I offer an assessment/suggestions) - so what *would* happen if a Titan dropped down in the middle of a clash between the Alliances? Or if a horde of daedra and undead was marching on a keep, castle, or fort?

As for going beyond Cyrodiil, perhaps it could be some place where Alliance loyalties are less relevant. Perhaps some non-aligned merchant houses or other similar entities are exploring some exotic place, and of course pirates and raiders would want a cut of the action. Decide who you want to pledge yourself to, and whether you want to stab them in the back...
    Edited by tinythinker on November 29, 2014 1:47PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When all of your friends have left the game except for you, when you yourself have finally reached a breaking point with the issues that your friends quit over, it starts to become more clear to you day over day, that the selling point for this game has failed to achieve expectations.

I am so close to calling it quits at this point. Myself and one other person are the only remaining two of our original 10 that joined ESO at launch.

Soon it will be one. Will it be me, or him, who cracks first.

Horizon and Monario didnt even make it out of the first month.
    Hajee - quit at the first level cap increase (too early for him)
    Sigmus - never even made it to v6 after 1.4, too casual for this game, quit due to being unable to keep up and losing interest
    Zetto, Saphy, Dexy, Taylor - all quit at 1.5 due to lag related issues (and with the loss of those four, Vice truly died as anything more than a small gank squad)
    Sisko and I are the only two that remain, with the few members we recruited to Vice since we joined. (some of which have already quit).

Out of a guild of 47 (half of which were zone recruits that never logged into the game again), only five remain active now, on at least a weekly basis. Four daily.
    Edited by Rylana on November 29, 2014 2:58PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    It becomes so tedious after a while. Run to this keep, attack that keep, defend this keep, pffff....

There's nothing else going on in PvP.

I'd like PvP arena's, PvP dungeons (where 4 members have to fight 4 members of opposing factions and friendly duels between players of the same alliance.

----

Alliance War I a ghostplace, it needs alot more content, npc enemys, special only drops, transport lines, Multi - guilds take over(same faction)(With guild shops(remove them from pve land, late the npc shops, sell anything player sold)). Money, xp, (Any other form for xp based)(from players), ... I can go on and on!!!
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • davedesigns
    davedesigns
    ✭✭✭
    Ever since forward camps were removed I can hardly even make it to an enemy keep before being ganked into oblivion.

PvP has become little more than a running simulator that lags all the time...
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I dream for.

1v1 Arena
    Live Spectators

Make it happen
    sounds like runescape o.0

Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I dream for.

1v1 Arena
    Live Spectators

Make it happen
    Betting will most likely never happen, because it can be so easily abused. For example, people can just all bet on the same guy to win if he fights someone from their guild. Then that guild member will intentionally lose and people will earn loads of gold that way. It's the general reason why we cannot have nice things in MMOs.

I do agree though that the game needs alternative pvp modes. Worst part is that ZOS already has it developed. Remember the 5v5? matches at quakecon?
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    What I dream for.

1v1 Arena
    Live Spectators

Make it happen
    Betting will most likely never happen, because it can be so easily abused. For example, people can just all bet on the same guy to win if he fights someone from their guild. Then that guild member will intentionally lose and people will earn loads of gold that way. It's the general reason why we cannot have nice things in MMOs.

I do agree though that the game needs alternative pvp modes. Worst part is that ZOS already has it developed. Remember the 5v5? matches at quakecon?

I'm thinking along the lines of the runescape arena where you and your opponent can wager gold and items before the fight.

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    I just want to say that @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌ as the head of PvP I want to know literally what you do every day with your time.

Serious question. What have you "worked on" for the last 6 months when according to you most of the issues are with other teams.

Do you know how much effort went into researching the router reset solution to Cyro's lag?

Shesh, some people are ungrateful.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons