Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[VIDEO] A HORDE of Pact members just took Aleswell... Thoughts?

Lukeh Shadyvale
Lukeh Shadyvale
✭✭✭
Thornblade EU

I'm curious to how people would view this method of taking keeps. I stood back and watched to 1: Film and 2: I could never survive the amount of lag that was flying around tonight so eh.

I don't speak for the pact but would like to know if any one from the campaign was part of this and if they enjoyed it but also about how other pact members feel about it.

When a group of AD or DC of HALF this size come charging to a keep or come to take a keep we read CONSTANT bitching in the zone chat about it. I want to know what the other alliances think when they see this happening to one of their keeps.

http://youtu.be/xlAeMD01MUA
Edited by Lukeh Shadyvale on November 28, 2014 9:48PM
Lukeh Shadyvale | V14 Bosmer Templar | Ebonheart Pact | EU Nowhere
Cyrodiil is only good for fishing.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That looks like EP's best tactic . When in doubt ... Send more .
  • Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see much of a defense setup in that keep. I think it would have been a different story if there were loads of people in the keep with oil and ballista's setup. It all depends on the situation I guess but It looks like a good strategy to me.
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was there at Lagwell, the moment EP broke through i got stuck in shield charge animation and spent the next 3 minutes running around trying to get unstuck until i was squashed by the zerg.

A tactic used by all 3 factions. I have no opinion on it, ZoS encourages zerg play. I just want the lag issues fixed and i'll be happy.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zergs are acceptable. belabored skills to purposely lag out the game are quite another.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS offers people the chance to become radiation blasting super-heroes for PvE. This is what you get if you let them loose on each other in Cyrodiil. Perhaps replacing castles with nuclear bomb shelters would be fitting. That would in any case put paid to the illusion that there's any room for hand-to-hand fighting.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Thudunblundur
    Thudunblundur
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I don't really mind it as a tactic. You hit massive lag, if it's going to happen, with much smaller numbers than that and so more doesn't really make a difference. Also, it's distinctively EP and enhances the sense of difference between them and AD which is a good thing when we are basically all the same.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was there for it with Wabbajack. I don't remember if this was before I took over lead or while one of our other raid leaders was running it.

Pretty much no one enjoys lag and not many of us in Wabbajack try to cause it. However sometimes it is needed to send in a larger force to clear something quickly and overrun the enemy.
    This was the case last night, we wanted to push that keep as fast as we could and as such followed what was already a large force and helped take the keep.

We do as well run the dreaded AoE trains and realise they case lag however they are an effective tactic in the current game.

I would love if we could only employ tactics which don't cause lag, as a raid leader I don't like telling my group to charge into a keep with 60+ people already fighting because we know what it will be like, however we also want to win the campaign which means sometimes you need to suffer it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • suycyco
    suycyco
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see much of a defense setup in that keep. I think it would have been a different story if there were loads of people in the keep with oil and ballista's setup. It all depends on the situation I guess but It looks like a good strategy to me.

Yeah could be a good strat if only when a massive zerg like that make the map laggy as hell, all siege weapon worked but it's not the case you can deploy it but not interact wit them anymore sadly.
    In general only aoe are usefull (because even if the aoe go 5 sec after you send it you don't care you don't need to target anything for it to work).
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sad that this sort of thing lags the game, Betting it's the AoE cap calculations.

DAoC had hardly any lag and had more people in aoe fights (that has no caps).
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nijjion wrote: »
    Sad that this sort of thing lags the game, Betting it's the AoE cap calculations.

DAoC had hardly any lag and had more people in aoe fights (that has no caps).
    I don't think it's the AoE cap calcs that cause it, it's the "smart healing" that causes the lag. In order to have a heal target the lowest health friendly pc, all possible targets have to be evaluated in real time. Queue massive zerg scenario - messy...
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to NA Thornblade, any time of the day, any faction.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more interested in how EP managed to have a group of 50+ waiting inside Roe when I spawned there after my group wiped at Faragyl. You guys didn't even burst it.

Edit: I just realized this thread is about the EU server. What I'm referring to happened on NA Thorn last night.
    Edited by hammayolettuce on November 29, 2014 2:17PM
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I was there for it with Wabbajack. I don't remember if this was before I took over lead or while one of our other raid leaders was running it.

Pretty much no one enjoys lag and not many of us in Wabbajack try to cause it. However sometimes it is needed to send in a larger force to clear something quickly and overrun the enemy.
    This was the case last night, we wanted to push that keep as fast as we could and as such followed what was already a large force and helped take the keep.

We do as well run the dreaded AoE trains and realise they case lag however they are an effective tactic in the current game.

I would love if we could only employ tactics which don't cause lag, as a raid leader I don't like telling my group to charge into a keep with 60+ people already fighting because we know what it will be like, however we also want to win the campaign which means sometimes you need to suffer it.

Ya best leave it to loosing alliances to leave, give away territory and try to reduce lag, that's reasonable at least. :/ or not. There are actually people who leave in spite they are being screwed because they care more about a playable game then campaign rewards. This need to be fixed but until then if you know your about to increase lag...insert insult here.
    If you win by staying in a zerg so big everyone else has to dispers or just log off because the game is unplayable you didn't really win. And this goes for all factions.