Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Summon Storm Atronach VS. Negate Magic

Sleep
Sleep
✭✭✭✭
1. While standing outside, summon an Atronach into enemy Negate, nothing happens, no Atronach, no damage.
2. Enemy use Negate at Atronach, Atronach is still there but stunned.

Both intended? I think, if 1. is intended, then Atronach is a kind of "placed effect" and should disappear when enemy uses Negate. If 2. is intended then Atronach should be able to at least show up in enemy's Negate, rather than nothing happens.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Um, it makes sense you can't summon a strom attronach into a negate magic zone. But the second effect sounds slightly wrong to me, I think it's intended, but it the attronach it there already it shouldn't get stunned. Unable to damage within the zone would make sense, but stunned doesn't, negate magic is supposed to be non-aggressive (My opinion anyway).
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negate stuns all adds when its cast.

so it makes perfect sense.

If you try to cast a spell (summon atro) within the negate he doesn't show up.

If he is already there (add) then he gets stunned.
    Dispels enemy placed effects in area for 8 seconds, while silencing enemies and stunning monsters nearby.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Negate stuns all adds when its cast.

so it makes perfect sense.

If you try to cast a spell (summon atro) within the negate he doesn't show up.

If he is already there (add) then he gets stunned.
    Dispels enemy placed effects in area for 8 seconds, while silencing enemies and stunning monsters nearby.

Except how many creatures, namely the larger ones, are "too powerful for that effect?"

Have seen plenty of stuff Negate doesn't even slow down. Atronach should be one of them. DoT's should be null and void, but stun + no damage, I don't know.

Beyond that, not sure why you would attempt the first one and not just wait a few seconds or place Atronach outside of the Negate zone.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleep wrote: »
    1. While standing outside, summon an Atronach into enemy Negate, nothing happens, no Atronach, no damage.
    2. Enemy use Negate at Atronach, Atronach is still there but stunned.

Both intended? I think, if 1. is intended, then Atronach is a kind of "placed effect" and should disappear when enemy uses Negate. If 2. is intended then Atronach should be able to at least show up in enemy's Negate, rather than nothing happens.

the exact effects, the placed drop is considered like a seperate attack, one that simply leaves an antronach after.

so what you are seeing is the negating of the inital attack, also negating the summoning. but on a already summoned Antronach, all you are doing is dropping negate on a mob, which just stuns the Antronach.

the inital hit and the spawning of the antro is seperate from the mob itself where negate is concerned.

The antronach itself is not an "effect" per say, but a creature.
    Edited by Hypertionb14_ESO on November 27, 2014 3:17AM
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Atronach is summoned creature it's not an effect. But summoning process is effect and can be negated.
  • Izzban
    Izzban
    ✭✭✭
    I find it interesting to consider that if the Atronach cannot be summoned inside negate magic, neither should it be able to leave this realm while the negate lasts.