The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mark Target - 37% heal

GrimMauKin
GrimMauKin
✭✭✭✭
I've been having a look at Mark Target and wondering whether it's worth spending time on. Its armour debuf seems rather double edged but the heal is more interesting. Its tooltip advises that killing a marked target give a 37% heal; is this 37% of maximum health or current health?
I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Max hp.

I got to love mark target during solo leveling. I would mark the second or third priority target (I was not using a good aoe at the time) and would then kill the target for some nice burst heals. Reapers Mark even boosts your damage upon kill, so you get stronger as the fight goes on.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • GrimMauKin
    GrimMauKin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can see that it has it's uses, but it seems a tad expensive in terms of magicka and although the health buff is great that fact that it debuffs the armour of the MOB and the player is less attractive.

My Killer's Blade skill clearly states that it restores 18% of maximum health but Mark Target simply say that it restores 37% of health and I was wondering if that's maximum health (which would be great) or current health.
    I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i dont use it. not in PvP anyways. your targets can see the mark above them, which basically tells them to start stacking shields and purging like crazy. not to mention its a double edged sword. if you can hit your target before they block/stack damage shields, you may just get them. you can also use it at range.... but up close assassinations? no. i dont advise it.
    Edited by Cody on November 27, 2014 5:27PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    i dont use it. not in PvP anyways. your targets can see the mark above them, which basically tells them to start stacking shields and purging like crazy. not to mention its a double edged sword. if you can hit your target before they block/stack damage shields, you may just get them. you can also use it at range.... but up close assassinations? no. i dont advise it.
    I use it a lot in PVP, but not against my target. Fire it on somebody unsuspecting or further out from your group and it causes them to have a bit of paranoia, and I tend to find people react differently because they're hunkering down waiting for poison arrows to start raining down. Once the Mark flags people tend to look around quickly to look for threats, buying you a few seconds (which may be all that matters).

Now, use this in a group, coordinating together either other NBs, and you can sometimes throw people off while you pick off the squishier people and make them burn their buffs right away before you get to them.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always have mark target on my bow bar, always!

Originally you could use it in PvP before the 1.1 sec snipe-o-rama that we are now stuck with currently. Previously you could fire off snipe, then mark the target, and throw in a venom arrow or light attack for good measure. By the time snipe landed they were marked and you basically triple hit them. It stripped away your enemy pretty quickly and dealt spaz damage.

Of course, you can't do that now. Well, you could mark then hit your target with snipe but as others have said, they will just turtle up on you. So why run it? Here is why I do.

In PvP solo'ing a resources it's a must for me. When I take out the mage/guards it's all one target enemies, sometimes they get a hit or two in. So sing mark target, I can burn them down and top myself up at the same time. It's saved my bacon more than a few times.

In PvP I use it from stealth a lot. If I'm solo I'll use it with someone on horseback. Usually when they are riding and you mark them it's all over very quickly. I use it to get people off of siege, they get marked and freak out. I use it to keep people away from me when I'm stealthed and undetected. If they are coming my way, one mark and they usually retreat. It also helps in getting your enemy to start using resources up to get rid of the mark and put sheilds up etc.

It's a tool you can use as an archer very effectively I believe.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Piercing Mark is the bestest!!! Turns people's armor into mush, makes them walking health potions, and lastly and most importantly it is a very safe way to troll people in pvp... Enjoy. http://youtu.be/6j32My3rLF0
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
  • c.s.hicks_ESO
    c.s.hicks_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome video. The shades utility really shines.