The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the Lost City Public Dungeon in the Alik'r Desert bugged?

Pseudolo
Pseudolo
✭✭✭
A couple of days ago I was in the dungeon trying to do the group challenge, but as I stepped on the symbols nothing happened, and nothing seemed to be interact-able nearby. Is it bugged? if not, could you please tell me what to do?

Best Answer

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (1) It can only be triggered every 15 mins. If someone has already triggered the mobs, no matter what you do, you will not get them to spawn

(2) Based on the order you trigger the pads (takes 2-3 people depending on which you are triggering) will cause different mobs to spawn. If you do it in the right order all three spawn at once and will get you the update. So if you get the order wrong and just trigger a normal spider or beetle or scrop, you will not get the update and you will have to wait another 15 mins
    Step on scarabs (one player on each symbol) lights will disappear.
    Step on spiders (one player on each symbol) lights will disappear.
    Step on scorpions (one player on each symbol) lights will disappear.
    Defeat the three bugs that spawn at once(a scarab, scorpion, and a spider)
    Interact with the shields on the wall.
    You should get a skill point and achievement.
    Edited by Natjur on November 26, 2014 9:32PM
    Answer ✓
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I recall (it's been a while), you would need at least two people to activate the symbols properly. I think the two sides need to go simultaneously.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Pseudolo
    Pseudolo
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly we tried that already, but nothing happened.
  • Pseudolo
    Pseudolo
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    (1) It can only be triggered every 15 mins. If someone has already triggered the mobs, no matter what you do, you will not get them to spawn

(2) Based on the order you trigger the pads (takes 2-3 people depending on which you are triggering) will cause different mobs to spawn. If you do it in the right order all three spawn at once and will get you the update. So if you get the order wrong and just trigger a normal spider or beetle or scrop, you will not get the update and you will have to wait another 15 mins
    Step on scarabs (one player on each symbol) lights will disappear.
    Step on spiders (one player on each symbol) lights will disappear.
    Step on scorpions (one player on each symbol) lights will disappear.
    Defeat the three bugs that spawn at once(a scarab, scorpion, and a spider)
    Interact with the shields on the wall.
    You should get a skill point and achievement.

I must admit it's the worst challenge I've ever seen...
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the other challenges its clear what to do. Kill something, something bigger pops, kill that, boss pops, kill that get skill point.

This one is the hardest challenge just cause its not clear what to do.