Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should the minimum range of oil pots be removed?

SRIBES
SRIBES
✭✭✭✭✭
Title says it all, I enjoyed PvP a bit more when we could place oils on the ground and kill people that way.
Edited by SRIBES on November 25, 2014 4:06AM

Should the minimum range of oil pots be removed? 102 votes

Yes
19% 20 votes
No
62% 64 votes
No, BUT I think they should add a new siege weapon similar to oils but for ground AoE damage.
17% 18 votes
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add a larger ground oil effect that has a 10-30 second cooldown. Like an oil trough.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »
    Add a larger ground oil effect that has a 10-30 second cooldown. Like an oil trough.

You may be my enemy in game, but this is a great idea.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. You should have to fight people.

Try using an AoE skill.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard the arguments about using pots to break zergs, but I've enjoyed not having the oil pots where they don't make sense. That said I pulled some last minute saves doing the same thing everyone else did, so maybe the problem isn't that they changed how pots work, but that we have a gap in mechanics which the pots were unintentionally filling?
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Introduce Friendly Fire and I'd support your preference for oil pots. Otherwise I'm pretty good with you actually having to drop oil from up on high.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrGhosty wrote: »
    I've heard the arguments about using pots to break zergs, but I've enjoyed not having the oil pots where they don't make sense. That said I pulled some last minute saves doing the same thing everyone else did, so maybe the problem isn't that they changed how pots work, but that we have a gap in mechanics which the pots were unintentionally filling?

If they didn't have caps on AoE's cast by players we wouldn't need oil pots.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    should be halved
  • Ophindis
    Ophindis
    ✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    MrGhosty wrote: »

If they didn't have caps on AoE's cast by players we wouldn't need oil pots.

If they didn't have caps on AoE's the server would lag EVEN MORE than it does now... but it has to go both ways... cap AoE's damage, you gotta cap AoE heals.
    Half the harm that is done in this world is caused by people who have power and want to feel important. They do not mean to do harm; they are simply absorbed in the useless struggle to think well of themselves.

The other half are trolls :s
  • purgation
    purgation
    ✭✭
    I would actually be happy if the keeps and fortresses were re-engineered to ensure there was reasonable oil locations in most cases. Unfortunately, that's probably way too much work.

Maybe limit oils to keeps and walls? idk.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HECK NO.
    i for one, am glad to see the end of the ridiculous and cheesy "use oil in tiny room at your feet" strategy. ZOS said they are putting in a zerg busting ability for PvP. lets wait and see how that turns out.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one place where oil's made sense but can no longer be used is where the oil grate is, above the front door of a keep. Yes, I realize you can go to the roof top and drop oils, but it just doesn't feel right.

The grate was there for a reason.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes plz
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should reduce the range. It should be possible to use oils on the first floor when they break the gates. You know, those spots on the sides? It's not even close to 6 meters from the ground but it just makes perfect sense that you can spill oil from there so it doesn't hurt you and hurt the enemies.

But no, it never made sense when we could use them on the ground.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oil is good as its now. Learn to play with your character skills instead rely on op siege.
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should remove it but only till AoE caps get taken off, then put the minimum range back onto oils.
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol they already have oil catapults
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no more farming for you.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on November 28, 2014 9:31PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • naturn
    naturn
    ✭✭✭
    I am so glad we don't see oil pots out in the middle of fields, surrounding flags on the ground, and in other completely ridiculous places. Learn how to play with skill instead of using stupid crap like this.