Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When can we expect Bow fixes?

Lava_Croft
Lava_Croft
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
My subscription is nearing its end and I want to know if I should extend it or not.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have said that they're fixing the lethal arrow debuff stacking bug in an upcoming incremental patch. (soon)

if that's not good enough for you, bye.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'll get down on my bare knees and thank the Lord for this fine product.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dodge and block. Almost never die to bows. Lol
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »

That would be ok if it wasn't just pew pew pew pew pew ( I could probably repeat the 'pew' a few more times for true effect).

I envy your stamina if you can dodge that many :smile:
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who currently 'almost never dies to bows' either almost never plays PvP or spends his time in PvP spamming Lethal Arrows from a safe distance.

Every single person you speak to in PvP will tell you the same story of basically every single death recap being filled with Bow skills.

• Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can dodge enough to close on them to cc them.
  • michaelb14a_ESO2
    michaelb14a_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Anyone who currently 'almost never dies to bows' either almost never plays PvP or spends his time in PvP spamming Lethal Arrows from a safe distance.

Every single person you speak to in PvP will tell you the same story of basically every single death recap being filled with Bow skills.
    kQGlLWf.png
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry Kris, feel personally responsible for killing you so many times with arrows in that one night you were raging XD don't quit <3

Columba, You cannot dodge a squad by the time the first arrow hits you you are already dead
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry Kris, feel personally responsible for killing you so many times with arrows in that one night you were raging XD don't quit <3

Columba, You cannot dodge a squad by the time the first arrow hits you you are already dead
    I know you want it very badly to be a form of 'rage', but it's more a form of dissapointment. If it was rage, I wouldn't be either in-game or here. :)
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

I know you want it very badly to be a form of 'rage', but it's more a form of dissapointment. If it was rage, I wouldn't be either in-game or here. :)

If you say so :)
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except that one time I ganked you at Roebeck mine when you were at the back of a pack of blues blobbing around. Saw the name, said "i gotta kill this forum poster for the lulz", cycled my rotation and was like =DDDDDDDDDDDDDd
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually prefer seeing lethal arrow in my recap to 5 unstable walls.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dying to 5 Unstable Walls of Whatever only happens inside the cozy confines of the Zerg. As so it happens, the cozy confines of the Zerg is just about the only place where you are safe from the currently supercharged Bow skills.

I guess I don't envy you. :wink:

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I die to wall of ele I can blame our purger. When I die to bows, there's no one to shift the blame to and I have to own up to it. Not cool bro. :\
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Nacario
    Nacario
    ✭✭✭
    I dont mind getting hit by bows cuz then i know i shouldve payed more attention to my sorroundings, instead of just watching out for aoers. While i do agree lethal is powerful i also question every other popular gameplay mechanic. The bow has its role now with a unique element to cyro combat. So far i havent had issues taking down such archers 1v1
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only fix that needs to happen is the debuff stack. Thats it, and they "should" put it in today or next week, if they keep to their normal reaction times on these things once they acknowledge them.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait for the healing debuff stack patch, but i doubt youll feel any better because guess what will happen when they cant stack disease anymore with snipe? Players will just use an enchant that will do more damage with snipe. Youll be back here in no time complaining again until the skill is as basic and watered down as a heavy attack.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I even prefer Bats, Soul Assault and Impulse on my death recap, over stacked Walls or stacked Snipe Monkeys.

Than the joy when you have non-broken skills on your death recap. Healthy mix of mele and ranged. Curses, whips, wrecking blows, ultis, spears and so on. When that happens, for a brief moment, I feel hope. Maybe they sort out PvP eventually :tired_face:
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    they should fix the heal de-buff, but thats it. other than that, lethal arrow is fine as it is.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    they should fix the heal de-buff, but thats it. other than that, lethal arrow is fine as it is.

They will nerf it eventually because of the learning curve.

I heard this one guy complaining on teamspeak for hours about being sniped over and over and saying he had full impenetrable and he was still dying....at some point i ended up standing next to him in cyrodiil when we were both snipe spammed from a keep wall. I did 2 dodge rolls and a damage shield while running away and noticed my battle buddy was just standing there like a deer in head lights. For him (as he explained in ts), the whole incident happened in 2 seconds which he considered instant death via snipe.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I heard this one guy complaining on teamspeak for hours about being sniped over and over and saying he had full impenetrable and he was still dying....

Was it Kris :wink: ? (Joking... >_>)
    @Solar_Breeze
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah its just the debuff. Surviving lethal arrow gank spam with a sliver of health only to not be able to heal yourself is stupid. But I guess thats one of the reasons people use it. Exploit the exploitable at all costs.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I heard this one guy complaining on teamspeak for hours about being sniped over and over and saying he had full impenetrable and he was still dying....

Was it Kris :wink: ? (Joking... >_>)

I like how you have to put "joking" in the end. He does erect the spine of "was this a joke, cause it wasn't funny at all" a bit too often ^_^
    EU | PC | AD
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah its just the debuff. Surviving lethal arrow gank spam with a sliver of health only to not be able to heal yourself is stupid. But I guess thats one of the reasons people use it. Exploit the exploitable at all costs.

I seriouisly doubt anyone got snipe because it gave 100% healing debuff. Its just something that happened "to be" along the way. The main reason people got snipe is because they recently improved it....and its a kick azz skill.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l2p, op... l 2 p
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

Except that one time I ganked you at Roebeck mine when you were at the back of a pack of blues blobbing around. Saw the name, said "i gotta kill this forum poster for the lulz", cycled my rotation and was like =DDDDDDDDDDDDDd
    hence almost. Lol. When I do die to to bows it's usually due to lag and I cant move away or roll dodge in time.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only fix that needs to happen is the debuff stack. Thats it, and they "should" put it in today or next week, if they keep to their normal reaction times on these things once they acknowledge them.

Yes this. However, if they put in a short dead zone, that would be fine too. I don't use snipe up close, there are far better skills to use up close.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes this. However, if they put in a short dead zone, that would be fine too. I don't use snipe up close, there are far better skills to use up close.

people try to spam it up close now.

if im out of stamina, it works, but if im not i just bash them. if it got a mimimum range, it would be a good thing. it would keep people from developing bad habits.
    Edited by Cody on November 26, 2014 5:32AM
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I switch to dual wield when up close. much more effective. And as I said, the broken healing debuff should be fixed. Zenimax, please fix this now. The alt morph sucks so fix this.
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to fix this. The feeling I'm getting from people in PvP is "don't attack anything, bows will kill you. Fight between keeps or farm them if they try to attack us." whole map is stactic. ZOS - any word?