The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DPS without a staff?

Phelaen
Phelaen
✭✭✭
If you want a high DPS build but you dont want to use a staff, whats the best race,class and weapon to use?

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...I guess it's a bad thing(and says something about the balance possibly) that when I saw words "DPS without a staff" first picture in my mind was fist-fighting zombies in Wayrest sewers(we did it once for fun while waiting on party member #4...we even got some of them down I think) :disappointed:

Seriously though, while I'm a pure staff user myself, Nightblades seem to be doing extremely good with bow/DW combo.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Do not go Sorc for straight DPS if you are going no staff. The other classes provide much better options for physical attacks.
    Edited by Pyatra on November 25, 2014 7:15PM
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phelaen wrote: »
    If you want a high DPS build but you dont want to use a staff, whats the best race,class and weapon to use?

Warning! Warning! Does not compute! Warning!
  • Phelaen
    Phelaen
    ✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Seriously though, while I'm a pure staff user myself, Nightblades seem to be doing extremely good with bow/DW combo.
    anyone got a good build for that? also i guess medium armor and some lights and syphoning for healing?

cheers

• Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check this out... Full guide, armor suggestions, abilities, stats, mundus, and a video, even.

I had nothing to do with this research - it's all Jeckll's work.
    Edited by Kungfu on November 25, 2014 10:24PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if you are not using a destro staff in all LA while block and casting crushing shock with high spell crit, you cant get the highest DPS possible out of your characters. i REALLY hate to say it, but its the truth. magicka builds are superior to stamina builds right now. stamina builds are getting better, but its not quite there yet.

does not mean you cant do well without a staff, but you wont get out the best DPS unless you burst someone down in half a second.

edited to make my post sound less pessemistic
    Edited by Cody on November 26, 2014 4:48AM
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kungfu wrote: »
    Check this out... Full guide, armor suggestions, abilities, stats, mundus, and a video, even.

I had nothing to do with this research - it's all Jeckll's work.
    have similar build. Power extraction + steel tornado + flawless dawnbreaker + at least 5 med armor haunding rage 5 + ashen greep 4 works really good (but i use focused attacks instead of leaching strikes).

You can also do good stamina DPS build with 2H.
    The main idea of stamina builds is:
    1. maximize weapon dmg stat (med armor bonus + armor sets bonuses + flawless dawnbreaker)
    2. use class skills for buffs and support (like power extruction or focused attacks for NB, critical surge and thundering presence for sorcs, molten weapons + razor armor for DK, e.t.c) but not for spam attacks
    3. maximize stamina pull and stamina regen (sets, skills, enchants, jewellry)
    4. use one bar for single target boss DPS and another for AoE
    5. in locs with undead\daedra use hunter skill morphs