Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Easiest way to get to VR13?

Kyosji
Kyosji
✭✭✭
This has probably been talked about tons of times, but please permit me to ask again.

I am currently a VR2 Destuction Sorcerer. I've been out of teh game for months, but came back and I've relearned my character. What is the fastest way to get to VR13? to me, it looks like grinding is faster then questing, but I want to be sure. Also, where is the best place to actually do the grind?
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now, I hear the Spellscar grind in Craglorn is the way to go.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    What level are those?
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Vid makes it look like those are VR11 group mobs. Not sure how you think a VR2 can handle that, lol.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly those players who cried to ZoS that "grinding" to VR cap was cheating, mostly reflected nerfs to it in Craglorn, have made it even worse to get past about VR10 now. I guarantee every single one of those that complained about it will realize what they did once they complete all zones and all quests pre-Craglorn then get hit with the realization that it's painfully slow from VR10-14 now, even with the xp reduction required per rank.

You get an average of ~350 xp per kill from at level enemies up to VR13 (Upper Craglorn). That's as low as 68 for minor enemies to about 414 for normal and ~800 for elites. Running VR dungeons only nets you about 15% of a rank per clear. Meaning you will have to kill roughly 2,800 enemies to level ONE VR via grinding Upper Craglorn or the VR10 zone of your Faction. If you kill packs of 5 enemies every 30 seconds that's roughly 4.6 hours of non-stop grinding per VR. There are people getting faster results and people getting FAR worse results. I'm just posting an average if you are to solo/duo grind.

So basically those players that demanded ZoS end grinding ended up making it many times worse, now you are just about forced to grind the last several VR, good times.
    Kyosji wrote: »
    What level are those?
    Spellscar is Lower Craglorn so the enemies are VR11.
    Edited by DeLindsay on November 25, 2014 8:28PM
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Ak, so where would a good place for VR2-3 be to start?
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    So basically those players that demanded ZoS end grinding ended up making it many times worse, now you are just about forced to grind the last several VR, good times.

I doubt those players had anything to do with it. Quest-obsessed completionists cried and whined about Grindlorn for 6 months, outraged over the fact that other players skipped content. ZoS didn't care, didn't even bother with the Hircine's exploit lol. Instead they added even more bosses for us to power-level on.

The exp change is a preparation for the upcoming Champion System, according to official sources. I assume they want to prevent us from hoarding exp and be capped on points, by the time it launches, so no more exp piñatas.

But yes, leveling sucks now. I don't even bother on my alts, I only collect skill points and work on leveling skill lines. Everyone will be level 50 soon enough.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    Ak, so where would a good place for VR2-3 be to start?
    Spellscar would be fine if a group will take you but the one caveat to group grinding now is that you personally have to do enough damage to get appropriate xp. TBH, I'd do the main storyline (Cadwell's Almanac) until you complete Gold, you should be at least VR7 by then which gives you a better chance at getting into Craglorn grinds (when there even there) or other opportunities.
  • Jagath
    Jagath
    ✭✭✭
    Until you can hold you own in crag just stick to the main storyline..there are plenty of places to grind in both silver and gold. I have found places with 7 mobs with 30 second respawn times so its pretty easy if not boring to level there.