The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about the Regeneration spell

iseijin
iseijin
Soul Shriven
Can I cast multiple Regeneration spells on one target? So that there are multiple Regeneration spells active on one character? Or does casting a second one cancel the first one's effects?
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that the second casting will just refresh the timer. Meaning that you won't have multiple of the same effect on one character.
  • catpower
    catpower
    ✭✭✭
    Something I have been curious about is if there are multiple Resto staff users in a party do the different morphs stack?

Could you have regeneration, mutagen, and rapid regeneration all ticking on you at the same time?

That would be some crazy healing if it is possible.... :p
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they overwrite each other from any caster, just resets the time.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to add, all buffs are like this. Molten armaments will override igneous weapons and vice versa, the alternate morph will overwrite and reset the buff already set. There was a thing before about people being mad they were being overwritten, I think it was combat prayer and the other non-useful morph
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • iseijin
    iseijin
    Soul Shriven
    So what about the other healing spells? Can 'Grand Healing' and 'Regenartion' both be active?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    iseijin wrote: »
    So what about the other healing spells? Can 'Grand Healing' and 'Regenartion' both be active?

@iseijin , Different spells can both be active (and should be!). Regen/Mutagen overwrites/refreshes regardless of who casts.

The exception to this is the instant proc if below a certain percentage Health.

Grand and its morphs can be cast multiple times and each effect should remain since it's AoE. Bear in mind, depending on how many you're healing (>6) it may effect different people with each cast.

Tack Combat Prayer on top of that too and you can have three different heals going on at once, each having their own unique effect.

Altar can also be added to the mix and there are other spells/skills that provide healing/regen as a side effect of attacks or synergy (Necrotic Orbs, for instance).

Bear in mind, you get a certain amount of time-zero instant heal from any skill/spell, but that by itself will usually not warrant multiple casts.

Get a feel for the timing of the skills, bear in mind the specials (Mutagen's instant heal/removal) and you'll make maximum use of your staff abilities while maintaining as much Magicka as you can.

(Lastly, don't forget the free heals from Restro Heavy Attack if you have the passive for it - it's not much, but every little bit adds up.)

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS