The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

SO what exactly are considered disabling effects?

deepseamk20b14_ESO
deepseamk20b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I ask this because per the tool tip bar for immovable and its morphs it says the skill once casts makes you immune to knock backs and disabling effects. But I find myself being disabled at times. I still get disabled from a sorc blinking through me. talons can still CC you. If I cast crippling grasp at a DK with reflect up i will become immobilized even with unstoppable up. So, what are considered disabling effects or is the skill just flat out broken for me?
Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snares and roots are not considered disabling. Everything else (including Eclipse) is.
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak is a disorient effect. Ball of Lightning causes a stun, so Immovable should prevent that.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. deepseamk20b14_ESO
      deepseamk20b14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Snares and roots are not considered disabling. Everything else (including Eclipse) is.

That seems *** lol. F'n ZoS....
    2. david.haypreub18_ESO
      david.haypreub18_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It is actually terrible, because it makes roots and snares in some ways worse than 'hard cc'. It makes no sense.
      Templars are 'just slower... by design'
      Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
      http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
      VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
      VR 16 Sorcerer
      38 Nightblade
      24 DK
    3. ThatHappyCat
      ThatHappyCat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You break out of roots by dodge rolling, not CC breaking.
    4. deepseamk20b14_ESO
      deepseamk20b14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You break out of roots by dodge rolling, not CC breaking.

Yes, this is true. However, I think they screwed the skill up. It should stop knockdowns, snares, and roots IMHO. Can't call a skill "unstoppable" when you can be stopped lol. With the shear amount of snares and roots in this game having any class able to use a skill that makes them immune to it for a few seconds would be great. People already use it anyways, and it costs stamina so spamming it would still drain you. I wouldn't consider it OP, it would more say take more upkeep and strategy though on when to use it or not. It would become more efficient per it's name at least. I do believe though, that you should have to be wearing at least 1 or 2 pieces of heavy armor to use it. Same with the other armor skills.
    5. Francescolg
      Francescolg
      ✭✭✭✭
      No way, people have been begging ZOS to make skills like DK's Talons not-spammable or, at least, to make them trigger some kind of immunity-timer but ZOS has never reacted in any form to the complaints..! Now, they adjust oil-catapult, the only last viable zerg-stopper (despite caltrops/talon/bow skill/etc).

Actually some "bosses", developers @ ZOS, permantently refuse to consider ROOT as a form of soft/hard CC because of their AMAZING COMBAT SYSTEM with ROLLOL DODGE^^ You'll never get them to change their opinion by logical arguments. The only would be: let the shareholder force them!

I've lost every hope that ZOS is going to reconsider ROOT as soft-CC.
      Of course, ZOS, or some sturdy pvp-scientists nearby, don't want to consider it.. :(
      And, the average ESO-gamer still will stay happy with new pve-content every 6-8 weeks. Why bother about sth. else if you can change your armor-dye every day.. :)
      Edited by Francescolg on November 27, 2014 4:46PM