The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Patch Notes->Paying to play broken PvP

• Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/game-guide/the-alliance-war

Featuring three-sided Player vs. Player (PvP) gameplay, The Elder Scrolls Online supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil.
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »
    Working as intended...
    The silent films of a broken product?
    http://youtu.be/GhGtmffIPec
    I died a little inside when I watched this..
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Made some performance changes which may improve client-to-server communication responsiveness during high volume combat situations. We will continue to investigate this issue."

MAY? Really? wow. Glad i am paying a monthly fee for a speculative improvement. If I told my boss, I MAY improve XYZ, I wouldn't be happy with the reaction.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    "Made some performance changes which may improve client-to-server communication responsiveness during high volume combat situations. We will continue to investigate this issue."

MAY? Really? wow. Glad i am paying a monthly fee for a speculative improvement. If I told my boss, I MAY improve XYZ, I wouldn't be happy with the reaction.

I MAY show up to work tomorrow, but still expect my paycheck.
    I MAY do those reports you asked for, and they might or might not be written in crayon.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know where you work but regular folks showing up for work late or not showing up at all for 6 months means "no paycheck" lol
    Edited by Tintinabula on November 25, 2014 12:59AM
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know where you work but regular folks shop\wing up for work late or not showing up at all for 6 months means "no paycheck" lol

Which is shame really, because most people do not do anything productive anyway, just move wealth from one place to another, spending part of it on this very process, therefore if they were paid and sent home, wealth of the society would go up. But this novel insight is yet to be discovered by general public.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on November 24, 2014 11:30PM
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No lag yet.
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »

I MAY show up to work tomorrow, but still expect my paycheck.
    I MAY do those reports you asked for, and they might or might not be written in crayon.

May show up <> May fix your problem.

I don't know any software team that has a 100% resolution rate within a development cycle.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lag was a bit better tonight. still noticable but not 30 seconds long now.
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag is the same, the audio totally f-d up now, weapon swapping still wonky, PVP runs like a drunk bum in a china shop.
    Meh...**** it..
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol of course that lag didn't get fixed with this patch, they didnt reduce the pop caps, nor do any kind of server upgrades.

They also didn't fix lethal arrow bug, so really not much in this patch. I think oil potsl snare should have stayed uncureable, so just a nerf imo. Maybe next week, something meaningful will be done.....

agreed on the oil but how many next weeks can this game take before you start seeing some real backlash? but do not fear because

of course they must have their best team working on fixing the pvp lag! *Sarcasm*
    Edited by sirston on November 25, 2014 4:23PM
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirston wrote: »
    Lol of course that lag didn't get fixed with this patch, they didnt reduce the pop caps, nor do any kind of server upgrades.

They also didn't fix lethal arrow bug, so really not much in this patch. I think oil potsl snare should have stayed uncureable, so just a nerf imo. Maybe next week, something meaningful will be done.....

agreed on the oil but how many next weeks can this game take before you start seeing some real backlash? but do not fear because

of course they must have their best team working on fixing the pvp lag! *Sarcasm*

Yep, with the Elder Scrolls Online there's always next week.

Isn't it funny how most of these "next week" patches always come just after subs are up... could it be a planned strategy to have people sub just one more month in the hopes that Zeni actually manage to fix it.

Seriously, if you look back at the timing of almost all of the fixes of PvP's major issues... they've all been the day of or a couple days after renewals were up...

Tinfoil hat stuff? Or, obnoxious business strategy?
  • projectscience
    Suck it up guys ;)

Just a typical situation when you throw a half-baked product on the market.

" We will continue to investigate this issue."
    This is usually what scientist and/or engineers say, when they have absolutely no clue why something happens and how they are going to fix/explain it.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least you Yanks got an actual patch! Here in the Kingdom of Yurp we had hours of maintenance and no patch at all. :dizzy_face:
    Edited by Lava_Croft on November 25, 2014 8:32PM
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well at least you don't have the audio issues, and this patch seems to have made attempting to block attacks worse. It's bad enough now with the pew pew lethal arrow attacks every five feet but most of the time you can't hear it, or there is one constant PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT in combat now.
    Meh...**** it..
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turn your interface volume to zero. Solved the sound issues for me.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    At least you Yanks got an actual patch! Here in the Kingdom of Yurp we had hours of maintenance and no patch at all. :dizzy_face:

The banana truck must not have shown up during the EU maintenance...no lunchie for the techs no patchie for you.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garetth wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

The banana truck must not have shown up during the EU maintenance...no lunchie for the techs no patchie for you.
    Gotta keep em fed with bananas if you want em to keep banging their skulls on the keyboards!
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still SO MUCH lag during battles, and the battle does not have to be that large. I have noticed that the lag spikes usually shows up about the same time certain enemy groups show up as well. Perhaps the two are linked, but if this is the case, then it is still on the shoulders of ZOS for allowing the system to be compromised and taken advantage of.

Regardless, the issues need to be heavily investigated one way or another. I will continue to post video of the unplayable lag and ability unresponsiveness until the issues are either fixed or it finally drives me away from the game. I remain hopeful, but after so long and nothing being done I do not expect much...
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Kwas
    Kwas
    ✭✭
    Look on the bright side, at least by the looks of it it's a ~6 GB download that solves nothing.
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    A wee bit off topic here, but don't really feel like starting a new thread. I am aware as the lag increases ground effects etc fail to appear, however today I was trying to kite a certain group from under the Alesia bridge into the open. Finally the followed me out from under the bridge. No animations occurred and I couldn't switch weapons. So I whispered the person who killed me and asked if they had stunned or hard CC'd me. They replied they had, so my question is, in the lag does the stun animation not occur? For more clarification I mean can you not see yourself stunned. Hadn't experienced it before so I thought I'd ask
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • Kwas
    Kwas
    ✭✭
    Believe so.