Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CC Breaking Puncturing Strikes does not give CC Immunity - Bug or Intended?

Jahosefat
Jahosefat
✭✭✭✭
I would like to know if this is a bug or an intended game mechanic? I'm not sure if this is only happening with a particular morph or not, but last night it was very obvious in a 1v1 with a templar that CC breaking his puncturing strikes (w/e morph) was not granting me a CC immunity. I suspect this has been going on for some time, so I would like to know if this is an intended mechanic or a long standing bug?
Edited by Jahosefat on November 24, 2014 3:27PM
Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK but I think it's the funniest thing in the game to chase a NB around a rock spearing them in the butt the whole while LOL
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    SoulScream wrote: »
    IDK but I think it's the funniest thing in the game to chase a NB around a rock spearing them in the butt the whole while LOL

lol this guy chained 8 or 9 in a row into me. Broke the first two, stam went to nothing and was just along for the CC ride :) Luckily his mag ran out before my health did.

• Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah issues with Jabs and cc-immunity has been going on for awhile. However the ability itself isn't so powerful that said issues make it OP, imo.

As long as you can dodge/break out of the first one and you see what the Templar is trying to do to you, it's easily side-steppable etc.
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah issues with Jabs and cc-immunity has been going on for awhile. However the ability itself isn't so powerful that said issues make it OP, imo.

As long as you can dodge/break out of the first one and you see what the Templar is trying to do to you, it's easily side-steppable etc.

I agree it hasn't been much of an issue, particularly in 1v1 setting where the templar just runs himself out of mana chaining CC and doing very little damage.

However, I have seen duo/trio groups where one member is a templar whose job it is to pin down one opponent with CC spam while others do the damage. I'm surprised this hasn't been more common as it works very well if the tackle-templar has heals and someone to burst the victim of the CC train.

If this is intended I might have a trolly-templar-tackle alt to start leveling ;)

• Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    yo ofc its not an issue, but if it were NB ability, all would QQ :D
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »
    yo ofc its not an issue, but if it were NB ability, all would QQ :D

Yeah because templars don't have the burst dps that nb do. Buff templar damage and this perma-CC could be op. If you gave nb a perma-CC it definitely would be overpowered, because a nb would burst you down in the CC.

• Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    templars missig burst lol... but at least templar can kill DK 2 times easier.... so buff oplar into OOOOOPPPPlar ehh? lawl.... poor weak templars.....
  • Famemonster
    Famemonster
    ✭✭
    I don't know if it's intended or not. They need to fix it so it works like other cc's. On my templar it's a cheesy way to kill a guy. Fix this and the small self stun at the end of templar charges soon please and ty.

Joeplar GO!

Famemonster NB - Famemonsterx DK - Famemonster X DK - Mindblasterx Templar - Emi Takai Sorcerer
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's intended or not. They need to fix it so it works like other cc's. On my templar it's a cheesy way to kill a guy. Fix this and the small self stun at the end of templar charges soon please and ty.

Joeplar GO!

Although we have made the point that the perma stun from Jabs is incredibly avoidable, indeed there's no reason it shouldn't behave like other cc's in regards to cc-immunity, it certainly hasn't been expressed as intended as far as I know.

So in this respect, indeed it should be changed to follow the pattern set by just about every other cc. That's hard to disagree with. However adding a change with a negative impact on the Templar playstyle without compensating with a positive change will only lead to an unnecessary weakening to Templars in pvp.

So with that in mind, I'm inclined to agree that the perfect area to make such a compensating positive change is the odd animation time of the Templar charge. The way this animation behaves has been long since ignored by the dev team, and it seems only fitting to be making a negatively impacting change to Templar cc while also making a positively impacting change to Templar cc. :)

+1, agreed @Famemonster
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »
    templars missig burst lol... but at least templar can kill DK 2 times easier.... so buff oplar into OOOOOPPPPlar ehh? lawl.... poor weak templars.....

lol I made a post about fixing the templar perma cc train they are capable of. Never said they were weak, just added that they could probably use a dps buff (outside of blazing shield) because the perma cc train is not terribly op at the moment. On any other class it would probably be a prime candidate for fixing.

• Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joeplar GO!

This might have to happen :)

• suycyco
    suycyco
    ✭✭✭
    Like said before it should worked like other cc, on solo templar is not a problem but being a NB often chased by dk and templar I know that in general they don't do it alone a first one charge you and knock you down and then it's perma cc until death nothing really funny when you are the victim still you can't do absolutly nothing...
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    suycyco wrote: »
    Like said before it should worked like other cc, on solo templar is not a problem but being a NB often chased by dk and templar I know that in general they don't do it alone a first one charge you and knock you down and then it's perma cc until death nothing really funny when you are the victim still you can't do absolutly nothing...

+1 agree, why I brought this up in the first place. With new class "balancing" coming with the champion system this could get OP quick. If it has truly been broken for months, why no fix ZOS? Or was this a mistake which now you embrace as the intended mechanic?