Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch Notes->Paying to play broken PvP

Goldie
Goldie
✭✭✭✭✭
"FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

Alliance War
General
•You can now dispel snare effects from oil catapults.
•You will now slide off of postern gatehouses.
•Fixed an issue where you could mistakenly be teleported back to your starting area as if you had wandered out of bounds in some areas. We are continuing to work on areas where you run into this issue.
Made some performance changes which may improve client-to-server communication responsiveness during high volume combat situations. We will continue to investigate this issue."

I guess we will see, but this does NOT sound very reassuring...
Perhaps the devs or techs should be in-game to experience this MASSIVE LAG for themselves, the issues that we are experiencing in Cyrodiil PvP, lag, rollbacks, unplayable freezes, crashes, unusable items ie. siege equipment etc. do not seem to be addressed at all.
Edited by Goldie on November 24, 2014 3:46PM
"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended...
    The silent films of a broken product?
    http://youtu.be/GhGtmffIPec
    Edited by Goldie on November 24, 2014 3:42PM
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already explained in another thread that high volume will always cause levels of lag. I hope your not looking for a cure for lag.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already explained in another thread that high volume will always cause levels of lag. I hope your not looking for a cure for lag.

This lag is unplayable. Siege may or may not function, ability animations get stuck or abilities do not work at all, doors are unusable, and so on.

32 G Ram
    ATI A10-6800 HD 16G
    60 MEG Constant Connection

Unplayable lag with and without add-ons and all video settings set to LOW/MINIMUM
    Edited by Goldie on November 24, 2014 3:51PM
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, so lets see what they do about it.Then maybe post a thread about it :P
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can you US people tell us in the EU whether to get our hopes up or not for tomorrows patch :pensive:
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »

Pretty much sums up what its like to play my DK in primetime.

Moment I hit invasion, i am doing the moonwalk

I remember the days when FPS never dropped, when the server never lagged out

oh for those days again =/
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you US people tell us in the EU whether to get our hopes up or not for tomorrows patch :pensive:

I will let you know on this thread friend.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have faith in ZOS . I also just bought a lotto ticket . So ... There Ya go
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least they acknowledge the problem now...When I'm under attack by two or more opponents, my character barely responds anymore, even with noone else around. I've always suspected information about CC in particular being bounced around between server and clients as the cause.

For some reason I doubt there'll be quick progress on the matter though... :s
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

Pretty much sums up what its like to play my DK in primetime.

Moment I hit invasion, i am doing the moonwalk

I remember the days when FPS never dropped, when the server never lagged out

oh for those days again =/

In this video, you can see me try and leave the keep through a door, the door doesn't work, so I turn around to run and jump out of the top of the keep to get out and all of the sudden I am outside...
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there's 'expected lag', then there's 'game broken'. We're experiencing the latter. Either ZoS never plays PvP and are totally clueless to this fact (which would be shocking), or they know full well and really haven't got a clue how to fix it. Neither of which gives much hope for their competence.
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last real good super lag death was at Alessia, after a ten minute Pulse spam war on the flag I tried to leave, had to jump off the inner and outer, made it back to the Fare mine when I was ported back back to outside the postern door at Alessia and went blue screen. Super fun.
    Meh...**** it..
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt for a while that Ep had its very own pet lag monster, so i stayed away from ep owned areas and bleakers especially.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem will go away when AoE Caps do.

This is why I kept making videos showing how its a problem.

Thankfully, they've already said AoE caps are going bye bye.. so just suck it up till then.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thankfully, they've already said AoE caps are going bye bye.. so just suck it up till then.

I don't think it's just the AE caps anymore. They certainly contribute during the larger fights.

I've begun seeing skips and latency in very small skirmishes and during off-peak hours. Rubberbanding, skill delay, weapon swap delay, and high ping response times from the server.

There's something wrong in ZOS's data center or with the game code handling the client-server data transfer.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will be interesting to see the overhaul of all aoe skills being shrunk on radius and later... a diminishing return on spammed aoe abilities. It will never be the way the aoe-removal crowd wants it to be.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope your not looking for a cure for lag.

Uh yeah we are.........

The game lag continues to get worse not better. While there may always be some degree of lag, this game has become completely unplayable. Not sure how you are anyone paying to play this game can find this acceptable.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    I hope your not looking for a cure for lag.

Uh yeah we are.........

The game lag continues to get worse not better. While there may always be some degree of lag, this game has become completely unplayable. Not sure how you are anyone paying to play this game can find this acceptable.

I went to play pve until the fix. Not sure why you stayed if the problems were evident and needed a fix. Maybe you werent lagging all the time....

The good news is they have a fix today and if that doesnt work then they will try again. I suggest backing off from cyrodiil for a while if the problem hasnt been fixed yet. I believe the lag is connected to the weapon swap bug, so im confident things will improve when i get home tonight :P
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

Alliance War
    General

This is disappointing. Once of the few reliable ways to break up zergballs has been removed from the game.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read this as the community team did a poor job surfacing this issue and now server team is trying to identify the bottleneck.
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

aoe caps arent going anywhere

10k gold on it
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »
    "FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

Alliance War
    General

This is disappointing. Once of the few reliable ways to break up zergballs has been removed from the game.

Its because zeni has its ear to some pretty "meh" guilds that are actually on archage right now more often than not. These guilds have been getting stomped by siege and they simply did not like it...they want to be able to run around spamming skills without being slowed or stopped ever. This is who is leading the direction for this game pvp wise.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the weekend the guild I am in went to Thorn (EU) to help out a buddy (about 15 of us) - within 3-4 mins of being there, and for the next 10 mins or so our ping went to between 2000-6000 a couple even said 13000 (thirteen thousand). It was unplayable, so we left.

We all have 20+ meg BB. And a few of us have 80-150 meg fibre. All of us experienced the same problem, at the same time, spread over a large area.

Its being bandied about as an issue, but in reality it is game breaking.
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, just restart all your routers already at home, and ye'll be fine ;)

Sad as the above statement may be, I think ZOS has no clue what the hell they're doing, or not doing even...
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you participated in beta you would know that there was an incredible amount of players in open field fights along with in keep fights and the lag was nothing like it is now.

Worst of all many of those beta fights do not even compare to the magnitude of the fights we have now. The fights now are way smaller and lag much much sooner.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you participated in beta you would know that there was an incredible amount of players in open field fights along with in keep fights and the lag was nothing like it is now.

Worst of all many of those beta fights do not even compare to the magnitude of the fights we have now. The fights now are way smaller and lag much much sooner.

The beta did in cyrodiil did not offer endgame skills and was capped at level 30 right? Big difference on the massive amount of spam skills the server is holding down now.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference between beta/ then and gameplay/now is that the majority of Cyrodiils population has figured out the most effective and efficient skills and use them add infinitum ( and usually in more condensed spaces)

Guilds grow and travel together and rather than 1-4 healers with healing springs you have 10..rather than 3 DKs dragonleaping you have 15..rather than the random one sorc that I used to see in beta bolt escaping we now have 10(plus the DKs templars and hidden nightblades) all zipping around in a 15 meter by 15 meter skirmish.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

Alliance War
    General

So does this mean that Purge now works on Oil Catapults?

Been using Retreating Maneuvers to free my allies from the Snare previously, so it's not that the effect couldn't be removed at all...
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol of course that lag didn't get fixed with this patch, they didnt reduce the pop caps, nor do any kind of server upgrades.

They also didn't fix lethal arrow bug, so really not much in this patch. I think oil potsl snare should have stayed uncureable, so just a nerf imo. Maybe next week, something meaningful will be done.....
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on November 24, 2014 10:09PM