The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Outnumbered by lower population.

Rologue
Rologue
✭✭✭
It was a normal Fredas evening in the Azuras Star war (EU). Normally, a contested night, as the weekend warriors join the ranks. We had a medium amount of troops fighting for the honor of the Ebonheart Pact.
We noticed some activity in AD. So we rode south to squash the rebellion. It wasn't much, one raid. They are normally a lot less. So wit swords in hand and bows at the ready, we slaugterd them with no mercy... But we saw arrive was under seize, so we took flight to quickly defend our precious scroll... There were at least two raids. We beat them back, and when we were done, we lost 2 keeps in AD territory. So we left to free the people of Bloodmayne and Faregyl from the oppressive regime of AD, but we were halted at Allesia by more enemies than we could count. Our allies defended Roebeck as well, and they too were outnumbered by at least double their own numbers. In defense, Blackboot also fell without us able to defend it, then Roebeck, then Allesia.
We looked at the population numbers and could not believe that they were still at low population. I took an arrow to the knee, and was forced to recover for a few hours, and when I was in full health, I returned to the battlefield, and to my horror, the entire land laid in ruins. Nearly our entire force was wiped, leaving only the most resilient of our warriors to clean up.
It was a massacre of the worst kind. Never will we forget the night when we were outnumbered by less men than we.

TLDR: why is it possible for an inactive Faction to come in such mass numbers, keep a low pop bonus and get 700 Points+ an hour, nearly catching us in several hours after we had been active for over a week? There is no reason that an inactive Faction should have a chance to win with putting minimal effort forth and exploiting the underdog bonus.
Guildmaster of Decimation Elite
"Take all that you can, and give nothing back!"
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there Population was lower than yours and they still kicked you into next week, you don't deserve to be top!
    Sadly you had a team of PVE players, who were only after the buff, you were shown how to play by a PVP guild.
  • Rologue
    Rologue
    ✭✭✭
    No, we battle dc all day. DC may not currently be as dominant as we are, at the moment, but it wasn't and isn't always so.
    Stop being "that guy" who thinks lagblade is the only active server. In our server we at least don't have impulse monkeys at all hours crashing the server.
    Go ahead and sit on your highhorse and pretend like you know anything that is going on somewhere else. This is a real problem, and even thornblade is seeing the same exploit being used against them.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point is quite simply that just because one faction is dominating doesn't mean they should if they are terribad and can be beaten easily by a lower population in a few hours.
    Your faction has sat back and expected to win based on the fact they had overwhelming numbers on the server and no competition, as soon as competition appears you complain on the forum.
    Thornblade is the main PVP server there is no disagreement there, but that does not mean that the people on Thornblade are not allowed on any other server. I go to Star to PVE as I know that I'm unlikely to be ganked and can happily hold my own against a few PVE'ers :open_mouth:
  • Rologue
    Rologue
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is there is a travel to player option. Now I'm not against this, personally, but it does not register on the population counter, thus giving an advantage in numbers with the low population scoring bonus.
    I never said we are professional PvPers, but we are not bad, and we sure in the he'll can see when we are outnumbered with still raids on opposition able to take keeps.
    To call us terrebad is just you attempting to suppress my observations without any argument counter. Most likely you either benefit from the exploit, or know nothing about it... So instead of making a valid statement of the contrary, u make it a "L2P" issue. So please see ur way out of the thread, and allow intelligent people to discuss, whatevery their arguments are.
  • Thudunblundur
    Thudunblundur
    ✭✭✭
    What you are seeing is the sort of thing we have seen on Thornblade EU. It has been suggested that the low population bonus is calculated over a time of greater than 4 hours and then applied later. But no-one knows the length of time or when it happens or how much later it applies. It is unfortunately just your misperception that you get lots of AD turning up when they have the population bonus, since the population count shows that the factions are equal in number and at least some of them don't know how to exploit this....(sarcasm. sorry)
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's generally the case that there is a perception that you are outnumbered when a train hits even when that train contains less numbers.

The bug that allowed the travel to player not to register has been fixed. From experience I know I can no longer travel into a locked campaign using this method.

Having taken part in a raid of just 11 people to gain the Emp on Haderus and effectively taking the whole center and and all the scrolls against a larger population, I know how easy it is against unorganised resistance. There is a reason behind "Impulse Spammers" although the groups I run with don't use this as there are many better ways, especially in the Lag fest that is Thornblade.

Whilst I understand your frustration if there is indeed still a population bug, there is still a case to be heard for L2P, as if you had, had an organised resistance to their onslaught you could of resisted.

On thornblade there is a constant ebb and flow with control of Keeps, depending on which groups are in the game at any one point. Not just one faction dominating, which is a much better situation.
  • Thudunblundur
    Thudunblundur
    ✭✭✭
    "The bug that allowed the travel to player not to register has been fixed."

Didn't know this - very glad to hear it :)
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's how Zeni want it.
    They don't actually want you to play the game as you'll notice how 'lacking' it is.
    Heck, their about to give Rested XP just to prove my point. So you wont have to play for a week then just burst thru in one day for the same amount of XP.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Rologue
    Rologue
    ✭✭✭
    Once again, you make assumptions, but I will come halfway with you here. My guild, and our alliance guild are not unorganized, and we too pull trains.
    With that said, there may be some factors I may have overlooked, if the travel bug has truly been fixed. As I stated, it is an active server,and our 3 raids cannot account for the entire EP population. If you called me out on this fact, then I can accept when I am wrong.... But. There is still a major problem when a mostly dormant Faction can come in and can make the same progress points as 2 other active Faction have in over a weeks time. I didn't come here complaining when Abraxus and his guild annihilated us the entirety of last campaign... No, cut they earned their score, and we learned and banded together in resistance, and in the end became well seasoned and organized for the new campaign. (we never were able to overthrow him, he left). So it is hard to take anything you say seriously, when you make false accusations about Azuras Star and Decimation Elite, nor any of the alliance there.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't make any false accusations about Decimation Elite, never heard of them!
    I just mentioned that the organised group of AD destroyed the unorganised groups in Star. This was based purely on the information you gave!
  • Rologue
    Rologue
    ✭✭✭
    That was a stealth advertisement, so now u have heard of us. Can always make light of the dark. ;-)
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rologue wrote: »
    That was a stealth advertisement, so now u have heard of us. Can always make light of the dark. ;-)

Come Join Decimation Elite, they try hard.

There you go, an endorsement :smiley:
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yah, go get them buffs in Azura!
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magnusnet wrote: »

Can't believe your suggesting that some people are using under populated campaigns to just get Buffs.
  • naatokb14_ESO
    naatokb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Again, my take is this:

MMO PvP strategy #1: If you can't beat your enemy, exploit known bugs in the code.

MMO PvP strategy #2: If you can't beat your enemy, or exploit the code, complain about class balance until the nerf bat comes out.
    gawad-du.enjin.com/
    "For what deem'st thou so dear thy blood, when through my veins it will flood?"
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    magnusnet wrote: »

Can't believe your suggesting that some people are using under populated campaigns to just get Buffs.

Wut? isn't it true? Don't all alliances have a buff campaign except EP?

Azura should be for EP and I'm glad Decimation is fighting there to get em.
    Edited by TehMagnus on November 24, 2014 12:40PM
  • Rologue
    Rologue
    ✭✭✭
    Azura is the refuge people seek away from lag. Though you may see it as a buff server, that is not true, given how contested it is... However you, or I choose to see it, it is not what we want. We want an active server with balanced combat. We have been steamrolled, and now we are steamrolling, and neither is fun, but neither is waiting 20 mind to lag and crash in an over packed server. I enjoy my time on thornblade, when it is running smoothly.
  • Greeniewolfub17_ESO
    Even in thorneblade, lately we have noticed something seems screwy with the population. The population bar will show one or two bars for a faction, and yet we will still have that faction have two or even three eighty man zergs PLUS other full groups running around. My personal take is that like purges, the population bars are broken.
    Me: "Okay lets run to Alessia. Mount up and follow me!"
    Me five seconds later: "Um yeah... totally forgot about that cliff..."
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think once we have the removal of the buff's from PVE there will be some big changes in the campaign populations!
    I'm also hoping that the lag issues in PVP are fixed. I have to say though, I'm still getting lag in the under populated campaigns, although not as bad as thornblade but it's still there.
    Having played in Star I missed the large scale combats. EP did have a great DK Bat Swarming Emp for a while which helped against the DC...
    I pop into most of the campaigns but I find the low populations very boring.
    When there is a large inbalance in one factions population compared to the others it becomes ridiculous. This is why they added the bonus to low pop and low score factions, to encourage competition and to allow them back into the fight.

In my opinion what they should of done is limit each population, when one faction reaches 50 it can't go higher unless one of the other factions is at 50, when they reach 100 they can't go higher unless both other factions are over 50.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think once we have the removal of the buff's from PVE there will be some big changes in the campaign populations!
    I'm also hoping that the lag issues in PVP are fixed.

I hope they remove buffs from PVE but last communication on that matter from guild summit was that ZOS didn't plan to remove PVE buffs from PVP which is sad because I think it would make for healthier PVP.

Do you have new info on this subject?
    Edited by TehMagnus on November 24, 2014 1:17PM