The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NB daggers and bow

teladoy
teladoy
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I would like to know how the people that like to use daggers feel about the NB. In my case I find the NB very weak and easy to counter.
In PVE with my templar I can handle easy many mobs, but with my nightblade is so hard and I die so much... I run fast out of magicka, I have almost no healing and I receive hits like if I'm wearing light armor.

Also I see that I need magicka and stamina in big amounts, also HP, but with my templar I only need magicka, which makes easy for me to build, enchant and etc. But with my NB I can not be 100% good with any of both at the same time.

Also the damage... I don't know, but with my templar I do a lot more of damage I feel, single and area...

Well can someone maybe share his opinion?

This is my build:

I use not always Flying blade, I change to Blood Craze and Blinding Flurry depending the situation.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mcsXtg0k0Gaumiu8GFlT8IrtP8IryJ8w2lJ8GFts8GHRG8injt8IPbk8GHR18innG8innU8IPwB8p7JMdBvT6MdBvj6MdBEI6MdBEp6cdBET8t7HLsgW6LsgX6LsgZ6MwS3c6MwUlN6MwYle6MwYlv6MwYl28g7HrsXy6rsXx6rsXt6MipLW6MipL46MippV6Mippo6Mippq8C7JLzqa6Lzqq6Lzqu6LzqG6MGFWc6MGFWi6MGFWA6MGFWn8D7JrzdM6Lzdm6MIsaM6MIrv36MIrEf6MIrEh8F7DLzrJ6LzrO6MIPNU6MIPAh6MIPAT6MIPAv8zz7pctyrG6ztyfm6MtyfV6ctyfR8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

I accept any critic, this is not a cry, this is a constructive post where we can discuss wrong or not.
  • eleanorwallaceb14_ESO
    eleanorwallaceb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have a medium armor NB, also using bow and dual daggers, at level 44. I've been mostly playing solo PvE with her. I have set her up a bit differently than yours though. I don't use much magicka. I put all her points into health, and various buffs into stamina, particularly stamina regeneration. I rely on stealth alot, picking off enemies from a distance, and do fine with mobs if I have them down to 2 (or 1) by the time they close with me, which I usually do. Most of my problems have been with single bosses that I can't stun. Perhaps I need to add more magicka to deal with that problem.
  • catpower
    catpower
    ✭✭✭
    I've been struggling to like bow on my Templar, but I think the weapon is just not my cup of tea.

That being said, you can circle strafe around packs of enemies, dropping bow aoe and whatever class aoe you might have or use class skills for heal, buff, and/or debuff.

For bosses that you can knock back, use the single target knock back from bow. Use the snare for knock back immune enemies.

I feel like a cheese ball sometimes zipping around the clueless pve enemies, but it definitely works. The aoe root, bombard? is also nice for this.

To handle multiple enemies with dual wield you really should be using sparks the morph of ember explosion. 40% miss chance for all nearby enemies is awesome!
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For my bow bar in PVP I'm using Lethal Arrow, Venom Arrow, Bombard, Camouflaged Hunter, and Dark Shades. If you are less of a stamina build, you might swap out bombard for funnel health or soul siphon.

My PVP DW bar is still a work in progress. ( currently Sap Essence, Steel Tornado, Mass Hysteria, Ember Explosion, and Flying Blade.)

The bow build has been working well for me. As a NB the shades are very helpful as they harry the enemy while you ping them with arrows.

In PVE with DW you can wreck shop with Ambush, Concealed Weapon, Impale, Ember Explosion, any other skill, and Soul Harvest ultimate. This is a primarily magicka build.
    Edited by Kartalin on November 23, 2014 7:42PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube