Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

craglorn hate

gimpdrb14_ESO
gimpdrb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
something really needs to be done, some people have no trouble what so ever getting the stuff in craglorn done easy as eating pancakes, well some of us like me have a tremendous amount of trouble getting it done. why is it so hard for me to find a group. been in and out of so many guilds cause they all say ya we sure no problem any time you need help just ask, and when i do ask or try to get a group together crickets then i ask again and again and the gm or officer /w me asking me to stop spamming when i wait about 10ish or so mins between asking and during that time no one else is saying anything. honestly craglorn is the wrost idea ever i hate this pace but the thing is its the only thing i hate about eso i love the game i quit all my other mmos that i play for esoand now its becoming my most hated game.
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorn has certainly brought loads of criticism on to an already precarious end game leveling system. I hope they have something completely different worked out for the next adventure zone to make more people do the group content.
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorn isn't the "worst idea ever"...
    It's a beautiful world and the quests and monsters you encounter are interesting too.
    I would rather call it a design problem. But let me explain:

People that want progress have trials, veteran dungeons, undaunted pledges, leveling their alliance rank in Cyrodiil and not to forget the Dragonstar Arena.
    Most questing people, even those who are already V14, are questing in the solo veteran zones. (Cause they grinded their way to the top)
    People who are more into crafting, can do the crafting writs alone.
    There are even those people who like fishing in eso, hell there are even fishing guilds.
    For those that want money, farming in their favorite spot, looking for dwemer motifs or playing crafting writs for nirnhoned gems are the ways to go.
    Not to forget there are still those players that aren't V 14 jet and just do normal questing, or those that want a strong twink and are leveling that new char.

You see, there is so much to do. I come home from work and don't even know what to do first, and the few hours are can play every day are hardly enough for all that stuff I want to do. Who cares about a few quests that only bring some achivement points that not many people are interested in anyway?

It wasn't all like that when craglorn came out. But since then there is a new trial, the dragonstar arena, new undaunted stuff and the crafting writs and dwemer motifs.

Of course nobody is interested in some way too easy group quests which don't promise the cool stuff as rewards.

And I guess the only way to make the craglorn quests be played ever again is to scale all the quests and dungeons down to solo content.
    Edited by Shinra on November 19, 2014 7:21AM
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shinra wrote: »
    It's a beautiful world and the quests and monsters you encounter are interesting too.

People that want progress have trials, veteran dungeons, undaunted pledges, leveling their alliance rank in Cyrodiil and not to forget the Dragonstar Arena.
    Most questing people, even those who are already V14, are questing in the solo veteran zones. (Cause they grinded their way to the top)
    There are even those people who like fishing in eso, hell there are even fishing guilds.
    For those that want money, farming in their favorite spot, looking for dwemer motifs or playing crafting writs for nirnhoned gems are the ways to go.
    Not to forget there are still those players that aren't V 14 jet and just do normal questing, or those that want a strong twink and are leveling that new char.

You see, there is so much to do. I come home from work and don't even know what to do first, and the few hours are can play every day are hardly enough for all that stuff I want to do. Who cares about a few quests that only bring some achivement points that not many people are interested in anyway?

It wasn't all like that when craglorn came out. But since then there is a new trial, the dragonstar arena, new undaunted stuff and the crafting writs and dwemer motifs.

Of course nobody is interested in some way too easy group quests which don't promise the cool stuff as rewards.

And I guess the only way to make the craglorn quests be played ever again is to scale all the quests and dungeons down to solo content.

the thing is i have done already every single quest in all the leveling zones and cyrodill, i have done almost all the vet dungeons. i have been pvping while looking for a decent pve guild. i have tried being patient in guilds waiting and helping fellow guild members and then asking for help myself with craglorn and other end game content and i have had nothing but bad luck. what do you suggest i do? my crafting skills are all at 50, most of the other skills are close to 50 with both morphs fully leveled, i have i think 270ish skill points, a whole bunch of mats, a ton of gold, as much achievements as i can get soloing.
  • Vegaroth
    Vegaroth
    ✭✭✭
    Forced grouping, thats the problem with Craglorn.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @gimpdrb14_ESO I feel your pain bro... I'm in much the same situation... If you're on the EU server and in Ebonheart Pact feel free to contact me in-game (same account as here)
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorn has certainly brought loads of criticism on to an already precarious end game leveling system. I hope they have something completely different worked out for the next adventure zone to make more people do the group content.

The next one is a SOLO adventure zone. Wrothgar.
    the thing is i have done already every single quest in all the leveling zones and cyrodill, i have done almost all the vet dungeons. i have been pvping while looking for a decent pve guild. i have tried being patient in guilds waiting and helping fellow guild members and then asking for help myself with craglorn and other end game content and i have had nothing but bad luck. what do you suggest i do? my crafting skills are all at 50, most of the other skills are close to 50 with both morphs fully leveled, i have i think 270ish skill points, a whole bunch of mats, a ton of gold, as much achievements as i can get soloing.

I can't even say I have the same problem, since I can duo every storyquest in Craglorn which I found so far with my brother.

I would suggest you look at something different, not Craglorn. Craglorn quests are hardly played anymore.

Or you l2p hardcore, look for a strong buddy and duo that stuff. Well, if you are in EU-Aldmeri Dominion, I could even help you.
    Edited by Shinra on November 22, 2014 10:39AM
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

i thought there was 2 zones coming out 1 solo zone and 1 group zone

• Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭

This is true. But they won't come out at the same time, that much is obvious. And if the developers have at least some common sence, the solo will come first.
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

This is true. But they won't come out at the same time, that much is obvious. And if the developers have at least some common sence, the solo will come first.

if they had any sense they wouldnt make the group zone a group zone, seems to me zones like craglorn are not well received.
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok they can scale dungeons ...why cant they scale quests for single or group? If you're solo the quest is doable. If there are two of you it gets harder, if theres a 4 person group ..even harder.

Everyones happy. If they can do it? Why dont they?
    Edited by Voodoo on November 23, 2014 1:54PM
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    if they had any sense they wouldnt make the group zone a group zone, seems to me zones like craglorn are not well received.

Craglorn was well received in the beginning. Only problem is that most people already played the quests and only a few are left. And that there are more new and interesting things right now.
    Further, before Craglorn was out, there was very little that you could do with a bigger group, so a group zone made sense.
    Voodoo wrote: »
    ok they can scale dungeons ...why cant they scale quests for single or group? If you're solo the quest is doable. If there are two of you it gets harder, if theres a 4 person group ..even harder.

Everyones happy. If they can do it? Why dont they?

1. It's pretty easy to scale monster levels. Scaling monsters stats without scaling their levels requires a different and new scaling system.

2. Who plays dungeons with a group when you can play them solo? Even if a group may be more fun, solo is easier so there won't be any groups anymore. If nothing else, this in not what the developers intended.
    Edited by Shinra on November 23, 2014 3:21PM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mind the grouping if ZOS didn't make it so freaking hard to group. I mean, what exactly is the reason they didn't make it cross factional? Were they afraid they would have too many players in one area and the servers couldn't take the load? That's a laugh :) Instead, they created the opposite condition.

Was it because they wanted to keep it lore friendly? If so, then I'm sure they could come up with a lore friendly version that would include all players from each faction. Besides, if you want to have faction pride, unity, and combat, there is always PVP.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think the best thing that could happen is that they realise that every new zone ought to have a mix of activities for all types of player, rather than being solely for groups or solo. A mix of soloable and group activities in a zone would give everyone something to do.
    Edited by Epona222 on December 24, 2014 4:14AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One significant problem is that Craglorn is an older-style MMO experience, where the focus was working together with others to achieve goals. Unfortunately it seems a lot of the MMO community has moved more towards an impatient, 'me, myself and I' outlook, and is unwilling to adapt to change. The guilt lies equally with players and the developers in this respect I believe.

Craglorn itself is a simply wonderful zone with some great missions, mechanics and story-lines. It's a shame that some game mechanic problems and player perceptions get in the way of many being able to enjoy it.

Let's just hope development learn for the future, and like @Epona222 states above, releases content that is balances in terms of solo and group play in future.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    {on PTS} should two v11 wolves be able to easily slaughter a v14 character in Craglorn?
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shiva7663 wrote: »
    {on PTS} should two v11 wolves be able to easily slaughter a v14 character in Craglorn?
    If 2 welvas can kill your VR14 character, I wonder if you really belong in the veteran ranks at all. My characters did fine against groups of mobs in Craglorn on the PTS.
    Edited by Gyudan on February 21, 2015 12:57PM
    Wololo.
  • Extremeties
    Extremeties
    ✭✭✭
    The problem I have with Craglorn or any of the VR zones for that matter is that I never see anybody... Hardly anyone at all regardless if its Craglorn or any of the VR zones. I just dont see players. I don't know what the deal is. I could change over to the regular zones and see people. It's been this way since launch. See tons of people in the regular zones and little to nobody in the VR areas. I can't do Craglorn at all because there's no one there. People keep saying go to Spellscar... Well, I have and I still dont see people. Ill see maybe a couple at most. On top of that, the chat channels are dead.

It gives me little to no motivation to continue progressing even though I love the game. Its just difficult to get any motivation.
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    i love it when people necro my old posts makes all warm and tingly inside
  • Eucken
    Eucken
    ✭✭✭
    It will also get a bit better with the Champion system. I know a lot of people are holding back leveling their alts or doing anything in the vet areas, including craglorn, because they want to wait till they can get Champion point experience for it.

So you should really hope that the Champion point system is coming soon :'(
    Edited by Eucken on February 22, 2015 3:05PM
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eucken wrote: »
    It will also get a bit better with the Champion system. I know a lot of people are holding back leveling there alts or doing anything the vet vet areas including craglorn because they want to wait till get can get Champion point experience for it.

So you should really hope that the Champion point system is coming soon :'(

Here's hoping, here's hoping...
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭

The thing is many players just started the game. I can see that in our Guild roster. I say less than 30% of our particular guild. which is smallish, have reached even level 50. Also a lot of folks are not interested in leveling through Cadwells. Except if they feel like it gives them advantage in PVP. I am an avid Quester. So I head out to solve all the story content I can find. I play my main since April. And I am on the cusp of reaching VR9. That means I am still slightly underleveled for Craglorn.

Also... I am dreading the time, when I will be forced to go to Craglorn. I will probably end up in the same boat as you. Also I am waiting for my GF to catch up to me. Glad they nerfed VR leveling. She has almost catched up. That would mean that I at least have one more person to help with Craglorn.

Well I will see how things pan out.