Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant crashes in quest walk on the far shore

zaria
zaria
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I' doing the end of Daggerfall covenant main quest, walk on the far shore.
I fight the final boss lady in the far shore area, atack her and get her down to around 80% she ports out and summon an army of ghosts who attacks me, I kill them and she comes back, get her down to 50% she ports out and an new army comes and here the game crashes every time. Some times it crash earlier too.

Client crash, not server, get an option to send crash data.
Has not has client crash in months so suspect its something with the zone.

Anybody else have problems here?
VR10 quest as VR13 so the fight is not the problem.
Grinding just make you go in circles.
Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @zaria,

Would you mind posting the crash log for us to take a look at the next time this occurs?

Also, please give a try to running a repair on the client and let us know if it helps. To do that, close the game and open the launcher. Click on Game Options just above the news articles, then select Repair from the drop-down menu.

Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answer :)
    I think I sent the crash log with the post crash application who came up after the crash. I will look more at it then I come home. Will also reboot first, it might help.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rebooted and completed without problems.
    Will try that next time first if crash problems :)
  • augie
    augie
    Soul Shriven
    Also having issues with this quest in the same location. Game crashes when the two large armies of monsters spawn. Sometimes it crashed on the first wave, the other times it crashed on the second wave. Can't progress past quest.

Rebooted computer, ran repair on ESO, same results.
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Augie,

We went ahead and created a ticket for you on this issue, mentioning that you've rebooted and run the repair already. Our customer support department will be able to gather an analyze the needed information to assist you with this issue, and will reach out to you via email shortly. Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • augie
    augie
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you. Tried it twice again this morning with same results. First time it crashed on the second wave of undead, second time it crashed on the first wave. Submitted an in-game ticket along with submitting the error report as well.
    Edited by augie on November 16, 2014 4:07PM
  • augie
    augie
    Soul Shriven
    Well, I was able to make it past the quest. On about the 6th or 7th attempt, I ranged Septima down to the first health threshold where she summons the first army. At that point, I ran up the hill away from the area and went into stealth until the armies were spawned. Killed them, ranged Septima down to where she summoned the second army, ran as far up the hill as I could and went into stealth mode again. Once the armies spawned, I ran back down, killed them and finished Septima.

I don't know if it was just luck or if any of the steps taken actually helped but I was able to progress past. Something doesn't seem to be quite right with it though.
  • huntusaub17_ESO
    huntusaub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same Problem. Updated all my NVidia drivers. Crashes on second wave, now 5 times in a row.

Update; I was able to complete the quest after 6 tries. Last try I Rebooted the PC and set Display Mode to FULL SCREEN (instead of Windowed Full screen). Don't know if that was the problem... but it worked and I can now move on to the next Bug.
    Edited by huntusaub17_ESO on December 19, 2014 5:43AM
  • dawnhawk
    dawnhawk
    ✭✭✭
    Had this issue last night - sorted it out (purposely crashing the game or dying to play with variables).

If i was too close* to the armies during their spawn cycle (when they appear, walk forward and then begin to aggro) the game crashes.

Easy work around - once she zips off in her fireball run just to the far edge of the platform (nearest the Hill and farthest from the High King) and stand there until the army starts to properly aggro. Once that's done you can run to where they are all standing and kill them in whatever manner / order you see fit.

* I'm not certain how "close" is too close - I was able to consistently survive both waves of armies without crashing by standing on the far edge of the platform until the armies stopped walking on their side.
  • Tewhano
    Tewhano
    Here it is four years later from the initial post and I am having the same issue. I tried all the above suggestions with no success so far. Customer support is non-responsive and I am about to remove this game. The issues are mounting up and surpassing the reasons I liked playing this game. I had thought about buying the Morrowind upgrade but I can’t see that happening if I am unable to complete the quests in the main game.
    PC - NA

Tewhano : Breton Templar - DC
    Tewhano Tane : Breton Templar - DC
    Tewhano Whetu : Breton Templar - DC
    Ruanuku Pakeha : High Elf Sorcerer - AD
    Sevan Teledas : Dark Elf Sorcerer - EP

'I stands all that I can stands,
    and I can't stands no more.' - Popeye