Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerers get an abusable teleport spell but other classes are left out?

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg, are you sane?

Teleport Strike and BE are two completely different teleports. NBs ARE left out compared to sorcs and so are other classes. OP is completely right and you can't disprove it. They don't have a spammable teleport to get away like sorcs do. BE can be used to both chase and run away. Teleport strike is a teleport to the target. You can abuse BE, you can't abuse Teleport strike if you're chasing a sorc with BE.
  • Auber
    Auber
    ✭✭
    Different classes get different tools. Homogenization is a bad thing. Look at what it did to WoW. There are plenty of ways available to you to counter bolt escape without giving you the same ability with a different graphic.

If you want the escape power that they have for yourself, then roll a sorcerer or become a vampire. There are things that you have that they don't too, you know.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    Omg, are you sane?

Teleport Strike and BE are two completely different teleports. NBs ARE left out compared to sorcs and so are other classes. OP is completely right and you can't disprove it. They don't have a spammable teleport to get away like sorcs do. BE can be used to both chase and run away. Teleport strike is a teleport to the target. You can abuse BE, you can't abuse Teleport strike if you're chasing a sorc with BE.

Yeah but the sorc teleport can't exploit into enemy keeps like the others can.
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    For sorcerers, you have to use a certain build to be able to sustain BE. It has been nerfed to the point of being unusable for anyone that doesn't set up specifically for it.
    People need to stop QQing about classes until they try them out themselves.

When I first started on my sorcerer, I thought that DKs were completely overpowered and wanted to do something about it, so I made a DK myself to try things out. Go make a sorcerer and try things out before you cry out for nerfs everywhere.

Most of the time you see a sorcerer using BE and doing well with it, it is because they are skilled and know how to use their class to its full extent. Same thing goes with all other classes. Anyone who has been to cyrodiil has encountered other players, regardless of their class, that were extremely easy to kill. It is not BE that is at the heart of your complaint, it is skilled players in general. Your complaint about BE is just you venting your frustration that you encountered a sorcerer that you WEREN'T able to kill in cyrodiil, typed in total disregard of the countless other sorcerers you probably WERE able to kill.

Also, you complain of the CC on BE? It is blockable. You know which CC ISN'T BLOCKABLE? Aspect of Terror. Sorcs have low stamina and must CC break to get away from it. If they are BLOCKING and you use it, you drain their stamina with your attacks and then they can't CC break anyway.

TL:DR - Stop QQing - everyone can get good with every class - also stop complaining about BE, it has been nerfed way too much already.
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For sorcerers, you have to use a certain build to be able to sustain BE. It has been nerfed to the point of being unusable for anyone that doesn't set up specifically for it.
    People need to stop QQing about classes until they try them out themselves.

When I first started on my sorcerer, I thought that DKs were completely overpowered and wanted to do something about it, so I made a DK myself to try things out. Go make a sorcerer and try things out before you cry out for nerfs everywhere.

Most of the time you see a sorcerer using BE and doing well with it, it is because they are skilled and know how to use their class to its full extent. Same thing goes with all other classes. Anyone who has been to cyrodiil has encountered other players, regardless of their class, that were extremely easy to kill. It is not BE that is at the heart of your complaint, it is skilled players in general. Your complaint about BE is just you venting your frustration that you encountered a sorcerer that you WEREN'T able to kill in cyrodiil, typed in total disregard of the countless other sorcerers you probably WERE able to kill.

Also, you complain of the CC on BE? It is blockable. You know which CC ISN'T BLOCKABLE? Aspect of Terror. Sorcs have low stamina and must CC break to get away from it. If they are BLOCKING and you use it, you drain their stamina with your attacks and then they can't CC break anyway.

TL:DR - Stop QQing - everyone can get good with every class - also stop complaining about BE, it has been nerfed way too much already.

I honestly kinda stopped paying attention to this thread after a little while. I just decided to stop playing PvP. I'm not into competitive stuff. I'm honestly surprised this thread got this much attention.
    Argonians always and forever.
  • Deccion
    Deccion
    ✭✭
    Ive run down many Sorc with Hasty Retreat and Restoring Aura working. I dont see it as a problem.
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭

I honestly kinda stopped paying attention to this thread after a little while. I just decided to stop playing PvP. I'm not into competitive stuff. I'm honestly surprised this thread got this much attention.

I'm like a kid in a candy shop when I see any "nerf BE" threads, I can't help myself from posting.
    Edited by Germtrocity on November 17, 2014 6:08PM
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I'm like a kind in a candy shop when I see any "nerf BE" threads, I can't help myself from posting.

Lol. I understand the feeling.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Omg, are you sane?

True, mind you I've only used Bolt Escape to get away, I tried using on some mobs and wasn't impressed. But Templar has a Charge that works similar to Teleport Strike, as does DK (although that's much better).

Don't get me wrong, NB has a more difficult skill set, but that just makes the class play differently.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Kwas
    Kwas
    ✭✭
    NERF BE !!!!!!!!!!

And give the remaining Sorc population free re-roll to DK's.

Even tho it hardly works at all anyway with 300+ cyro pings when there's nothing around you.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolt escape shouldn't even be debatable anymore. Sorcs do very low damage, have no dedicated group role, and are the squishiest class in the game.

Please, please stop beating off the dead horse.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

Hahahaha, the expression is ". . . beating a dead horse."
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Kwas
    Kwas
    ✭✭
    Bolt escape shouldn't even be debatable anymore. Sorcs do very low damage, have no dedicated group role, and are the squishiest class in the game.

Untrue. We're the negate monkeys.

TheLaw wrote: »

Hahahaha, the expression is ". . . beating a dead horse."

:D
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As a Sorc, I agree with your points. But the thread was eight days old and fading until you necro'd it, to "beat off" on.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kewl wrote: »

As a Sorc, I agree with your points. But the thread was eight days old and fading until you necro'd it, to "beat off" on.

was at the top of my list when I responded to it, didn't think i necrod it.

also I realize the expression is beating the dead horse...that's not even whats happening anymore with this whole "nerf bolt cause cry whine wet pants."

Need something more accurate to describe this phenomenon.

also I realize the expression is beating the dead horse...that's not even whats happening anymore with this whole "nerf bolt cause cry whine wet pants."

Well if it isn't happening anymore then why did you comment? Just let dead things stay dead. The less people that comment, the quicker it will die.

It is still happening. Its always happening.
    Edited by Cathexis on December 6, 2014 4:47PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Well if it isn't happening anymore then why did you comment? Just let dead things stay dead. The less people that comment, the quicker it will die.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Comment:D
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭

I say what I see. Never have I ever encountered a group without at least one person using either magelight or detection pots. You didn't get the idea. The idea is not that you have to run magelight. The point is that there are ways to counter cloak and those ways are available for everyone and they don't even take slots on your skill bars sometimes(potions).

And bolt escape needs to be nerfed OR other skills (as common as BE) need to be buffed. Either way is good as long as you can catch a sorc.

You have made that "point" repeatedly after making it the topic of this thread. I have read everything written about it prior to this post. No one has contributed anything new for quite a while now. When someone starts chopping a message into two-and-three line chunks to which they reply, then it is past time for the parties in opposition to stop writing. That is an insulting and unintelligent way to respond to anything and an intentionally provocative act.

As to whether your demand has merit, I don't think it does. Your complaint is that, ordinarily, a Sorcerer can escape from your Nightblade's attack, although other NB players say that they haven't had a problem with "sorcs" using Bolt Escape. If a sorcerer believes it is necessary to use BE to escape combat, then that is a privilege of that class. It also means that they abandon any chance of profitting from the combat.

Perhaps the NB Cloak should be effective unless and until someone detects the presence of the NB, and that nothing would be 100% effective at doing so.

On the other hand, if your wish were granted, so a sorcerer doesn't have BE, then they should be given other options that would make them strong enough to make a fair fight when a NB or DK attacks them.

No one should ever have the ability to kill another player's character without a significant risk of having their own character killed instead. Ganking makes bullies look like heroes when the truth is that they are cowards.
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi